“Christmas Smiles”

Ranked #16 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Vancouver, Canada
“Christmas Smiles”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

There are always bumps in the road from time to time with hotel conditions...The Castle does have some rooms that may need a little extra TLC....but I tell you the truth no one likes to be cursed at, if things just aren't quite right.. I found myself having to go to the office with a few concerns....one which was just a simple mistake...the hotel was not quite ready with my room
and said that I should go off and enjoy my day...they would put my bags in the room for me...That was just fine with me...When I arrived back later in the evening...I went into my room to find that it was a smoking room...it really went thru my clothing in my bags...I went down to the office and just told the office staff of the problem...in a kind manner....they immediately apolozied..and had my room changed...of course my smokey clothes needed to be aired out and that could not be done til the next day...I had to wear the same clothes for Disney the next day...when I returned home in the afternoon....my clothes were aired out pretty good....there was only a slight smell...some good ole apple air freshener I had purchased helped out a lot....the hotel told me that my room which was a non smoking room built up a smoking tinge to it...so they put me in another room....they were kind and very honest and were genuinely concerned.One other issue that came up was, ..I had brought with me a few gifts for friends and had left them on the lying on the Bed in the 2nd room, which had become smokey from my clothes and bag...when I looked for them they were no where to be found...they were Disney Christmas and Character Shirts....Dopey..ect..I told the staff and they looked every where for them...we thought they went out with the Smokey Laundry...we could not find them...My stay was for 11 days...but nothing turned up....I think some how they may have been mixed in some how ...the lady remembered seeing the gifts on the bed......sometimes stuff happens...the office once
again was so sorry for this, they did not know quite what to do about it...my vacation trip was booked through West Jet Vacations....and already was paid for....The office manager promised me that next time I come they will look after us....in a nice way...I will be returning in December from the 1st to the 11th...flying with West Jet again...I am hoping that you will remember me.from dec 09..and am looking forward to staying at the Castle once more....if you don't you probally will when you see me....always wore The Disney Hockey Jerseys..Purple for Mickey, Goofy, Grumpy, in red, Pluto in Blue ..see you soon : )

Room Tip: The Staff knows the rooms that may need more TLC ...ask them for a nice room...they will see that al...
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Christmas_Smiles
MrBharat, Manager at Castle Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 5 October 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stay with us in December of 2009. We appreciate all reviews about the hotel and are happy to hear that you will be back to stay with us this December.

Please be sure to contact us directly if we can be of any further assistance.

The Castle Inn & Suites Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Turkish first
California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

A no frills motel with access to Disneyland. Have stayed here multiple times for location and affordability. Easy, walkable, and safe access to the Harbor entrance of Disneyland. Also good access to affordable eateries on Harbor so you don't have to pay park prices. This hotel serves its purpose when you spend 15 hours in Disneyland.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

We stayed in a Parlor suite in Castle Inn and Suites in August 2011. This hotel looks lovely and you can even pose for a picture in front of it. However, the rooms are quite unremarkable and a bit old, though reasonably clean. Parlor suite has a bedroom with 2 beds and a "living room" with sofa sleeper, microwave and refrigerator. Refrigerator is large enough to accommodate drinks, snacks and leftover pizza. Both rooms have TVs and air conditioners. Air conditioners can be adjusted for temperature, but not for direction in which they blow air. There is one bathroom as well. In the bathroom I meet a spider, who appeared to be lost. I tried to be nice and helped him out of the suite. Coffee machine was leaking the water so quick that we didn't have any chance to taste complimentary beverages.

Many reviewers mention "rock solid" beds. I found the bed just a bit too firm to my taste. Check-in and check-out were quick and hassle-free. And yes, you can walk to Disneyland!

Pros: Location, price, looks
Cons: Comfort, room condition

2 Thank Alex_54321
Modesto, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

I though this hotel looked adorable from the outside, unfortunately the inside was horrid. The carpets had severe wear - to the point where there were visible high-traffic areas where the carpet pattern was worn off - on top of being dingy. Somehow the beds managed to be simultaneously rock hard and flimsy. Not one of the five of us were able to sleep. We had a suite with 2 queen beds and a sofa bed, which was a cruel joke. My 12-year-old son described it best as "a sheet over springs." The bathroom was ok, not as bad as the sleeping areas.

The staff was nice enough; they had no problem letting us out of the rest of our stay without charge. We moved across the street to a far nicer hotel (that was not much more expensive at all) and were so much happier there.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
2 Thank AuroraMc
MrBharat, Manager at Castle Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 26 August 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay earlier this month!

While we are disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with the night you stayed with us, we are hoping you will give us another chance sometime in the future!

Las Vegas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

Price was ok, found others at the same price with a continental breakfast offered. Chose this one because of the theme. Let down tho. The AC unit was literally broke - if you bumped it the face came off. The room smelled very musty and the bathroom smelled moldy. Even had some mold in the corner of the tub. The shower - at 6 am when it should be ok - ran hot and cold. The toilet ran - plan on handle jiggling. Our white socks were grey in 15 minutes - so no 5 second rules here. Wyfy was very slow - not that is a big deal. TV reception kept going in and out as well as the remote needed batteries - we used our own for our stay. The family suite was nice - it had two rooms but don't plan on it being perfect. I doubt I would stay here again. The hotel snack shop closes mid day for a few hours so if you are coming back for a break from Disneyland stop along the way for snacks and sodas. Especially since the soda machines were empty.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

This is my third stay at Castle Inn & Suites this year! Everytime I look to book a trip to Disneyland this place always has the best value and great location! Of course it's nothing fancy but if you are looking for a comfortable, clean hotel within walking distance to the parks this place would be perfect for you. The rooms don't come with irons and ironing boards but everytime I have called the front desk to ask for one, it's set to my room within 5 or 10 minutes. Housekeeping always did a great job with our room, adding little touches like making a little bow with the toilet paper rather than the typical triangle at the end. Overall this place is great and I will most likely book this place again for my next trip.

• Stayed August 2011
We are so happy to hear that you continue to stay at the Castle Inn & Suites when you come to Anaheim! Thank you for making us your hotel of choice for each stay and than you so much for the kind words about our staff! We really appreciate your time.

We look forward to seeing you again when you are here for future stays!

Pleasanton, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2011

Castle Inn's staff was very accommodating. The room was as expected and the location is very convenient to Disney and several reasonable priced restaurants.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
We wanted to say thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to comment on your recent stay at the Castle Inn & Suites! We are appreciative of all comments are are glad you enjoyed your stay!