“Perfect location”

Ranked #17 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Cleburne, Texas
“Perfect location”
Reviewed 19 October 2011

The location to the main gate of Disneyland is perfect. It is only about a block and and half away. The office staff was very helpful. The hotel is nothing special, but for the price and location you can't beat it. We will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
MrBharat, Guest Relations Manager at Castle Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 2 January 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post comments about your recent stay at the Castle Inn & Suites. We are thrilled to hear that you were so happy with our close, walking proximity to Disneyland and that our staff was very helpful to you! It is always rewarding to hear our guests say they will stay with us again!

We look forward to your return sometime soon!

The Castle Inn & Suites Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
  • Turkish first
Oakley, California
Reviewed 15 October 2011

Even after reading some of the reviews, I was still skeptical of this place due to the price. Yes, the rooms are outdated. But if you are going to Disneyland, you will not really be staying in the room to enjoy the decor anyways. Our room was clean and the shower flow was fine. As previous posters have mentioned, the bed was uncomfortable. But other than that, the room did it's purpose.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for being a free thinker, disregarding some of the reviews that you read and staying with us in October! I appreciate your honesty and the time you took to make the posting. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay while here to go to Disneyland.

Thank you again for your time and comments! We hope to see you again on a return visit!

Kallangur, Australia
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Ok, so it's not the CLOSEST accommodation to Disneyland, BUT, it's less than 10 minutes walk, or about a block and a half. The rooms are not modern, but are spacious and clean, with comfortable bedding, great water presssure, drip filter coffee, small fridge, and the staff are more than accommodating with any requests, area information, transfer arrangements, even local cab requirements. It also has free wifi, which I could get (reasonably well) from our room on the 4th floor. The only draw back was that the gift shop seemed to close on a whim whenever the attendant decided he needed to go somewhere (not the hotel's fault, and there were plenty of shops within walking disance anyway, so I just didn't use the gift shop). The pool was clean and well maintained, as were the grounds and gardens. I can't really fault the hotel, it was great. So if you want to be close to Disneyland, but not pay the exorbitant prices, and you want excellent service and value for money, then this is the place to stay. Thanks so much Castle Inn and Suites, we will be back next year for christmas, all the way from Oz :)

Room Tip: 4th Floor has a great view of Harbour Blvd at night, but gets a little windy.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your comments. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience at the Castle Inn & Suites. We are all pleased to hear that the room was satisfactory to your needs while you were here and we have passed on your concerns regarding the gift shop to the owner of the gift shop. We are really lucky to be located where we are, in close walking proximity to numerous shops and restaurants, as well as to the Disney Parks.

Thank you again for your kind words! We look forward to your return, from Oz, next Christmas!!

Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Stayed here for 6 nights in late September with our 23 month old and 4 year old. We had a family suite, and it was a very good rate for the size of the room - we had a king sized bed in the front sitting room, and each of the kids had their own Queen bed in the bedroom. There wasn't a lot of space in the front entrance, but there was a lot of space for suitcases etc in the bedroom. We had a problem with our fridge, but they came up within ten minutes after we called and replaced it with a working one. Our room was always cleaned when we returned from Disneyland. The kids loved how the staff arranged their toys on the bed as if they had been playing. Each day, they rushed into the bedroom to see what the toys had been doing while we were out. It only took us about 10 minutes to walk to Disneyland.
My kids really liked the look of the hotel from the outside. My daughter kept saying "I am the princess, my brother is the prince and we live in this castle." The inside was more like something out of three's company, and my husband laughed at how old the telephone was.
The shower had pretty poor pressure and it squealed like a tea kettle. Also, I "stopper" for the bathtub didn't really keep the water in, so it was hard to bathe my kids. The cleaning people always took away our dirty towels, but they didn't always give us new ones.
Tried to use the wifi, but it was extremely slow. Most nights I was able to pick up the free wifi from the Super 8 behind us, but it didn't work every day.
Checking in and out was very fast and easy. Also, I had groceries delivered to the hotel before we arrived, and the staff made sure to put the milk in the fridge.
Overall, it was a nice, clean, affordable place to sleep that was close to Disneyland. We didn't spend much time in the hotel, so I'm glad we didn't have to spend much money on it. We had enough space for all of us, and it was nice to have a separate room for the kids to sleep in, since they go to bed much earlier than us.

Room Tip: Family suite was lots of room for a family of 4. Glad we weren't on the 1st floor because everyo...
1 Thank Kathini
I am so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us! We appreciate all of your nice comments and are certainly looking into those concerns that you did had. I love to hear that your daughter was so excited about being the “princess” of the castle and that she was including her brother as the prince!

Our staff is here to make your stay comfortable so I am pleased that the kids would rush in every day to see that their ”toys were doing” while you were gone!!

Thank you again for your time in making the comments! We are grateful to have guests like you who want to provide feedback to other guests!

Redlands, California
Reviewed 21 September 2011

It was a pleasant experience from the moment we walked in! I am a smoker and was pleasantly surprised to find out that "Smoking" rooms were actually available! We travel to Disneyland quite often and this was our first time to this establishment and I can honestly say that "We will be back"!! Thanks again to the staff @ Castle Inn & Suites, Anaheim, CA, you were all GREAT!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Bharat P, Guest Relations Manager at Castle Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 30 September 2011
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you will be back someday. Thank you very much for your comments and enthusiasim! We look forward to seeing you on your future stays!

Thank you again!

Sacramento, California
Reviewed 20 September 2011

We stayed at the Castle Inn for 3 nights.The first room smelled like wet dog. We were moved next door- that room was clean but very worn. Carpet was thread bare. Pillows were flat and firm. The beds were old and hard. The lamps at bedside did not work. The A/C was very loud. The wi-fi did not work at all. The shower was more like a sprinkle. No water pressure and the shower head was clogged.

This hotel is not across the street from Disney and it is not a 7 minute walk. I visit Disney three for four times a year. But I will NEVER stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay at the Castle Inn.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 15 September 2011

There are always bumps in the road from time to time with hotel conditions...The Castle does have some rooms that may need a little extra TLC....but I tell you the truth no one likes to be cursed at, if things just aren't quite right.. I found myself having to go to the office with a few concerns....one which was just a simple mistake...the hotel was not quite ready with my room
and said that I should go off and enjoy my day...they would put my bags in the room for me...That was just fine with me...When I arrived back later in the evening...I went into my room to find that it was a smoking room...it really went thru my clothing in my bags...I went down to the office and just told the office staff of the problem...in a kind manner....they immediately apolozied..and had my room changed...of course my smokey clothes needed to be aired out and that could not be done til the next day...I had to wear the same clothes for Disney the next day...when I returned home in the afternoon....my clothes were aired out pretty good....there was only a slight smell...some good ole apple air freshener I had purchased helped out a lot....the hotel told me that my room which was a non smoking room built up a smoking tinge to it...so they put me in another room....they were kind and very honest and were genuinely concerned.One other issue that came up was, ..I had brought with me a few gifts for friends and had left them on the lying on the Bed in the 2nd room, which had become smokey from my clothes and bag...when I looked for them they were no where to be found...they were Disney Christmas and Character Shirts....Dopey..ect..I told the staff and they looked every where for them...we thought they went out with the Smokey Laundry...we could not find them...My stay was for 11 days...but nothing turned up....I think some how they may have been mixed in some how ...the lady remembered seeing the gifts on the bed......sometimes stuff happens...the office once
again was so sorry for this, they did not know quite what to do about it...my vacation trip was booked through West Jet Vacations....and already was paid for....The office manager promised me that next time I come they will look after us....in a nice way...I will be returning in December from the 1st to the 11th...flying with West Jet again...I am hoping that you will remember me.from dec 09..and am looking forward to staying at the Castle once more....if you don't you probally will when you see me....always wore The Disney Hockey Jerseys..Purple for Mickey, Goofy, Grumpy, in red, Pluto in Blue ..see you soon : )

Room Tip: The Staff knows the rooms that may need more TLC ...ask them for a nice room...they will see that al...
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Christmas_Smiles
MrBharat, Manager at Castle Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 5 October 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stay with us in December of 2009. We appreciate all reviews about the hotel and are happy to hear that you will be back to stay with us this December.

Please be sure to contact us directly if we can be of any further assistance.

Thank you again!