“Just another great stay”

Castle Inn and Suites
Ranked #17 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Stayed in room about midway down on the lot, 339, clean room fridge worked great, shower too. Updated t.v. was nice. All staff very helpful, cleaning ladys do a great job. They were nice enough to let us park the car after we checked out since it wasn't busy, THANKS Castle Inn, for an awesome stay again..

• Stayed: May 2012

Evan,

As always, thank you for your review and for being such a loyal guest of the Castle Inn & Suites. We are so pleased to hear that you once again had a wonderful stay!! We so appreciate the time you take to write these reviews!!!

I did send you an e-mail through Trip Advisor and am hoping that you have seen it!!

Please be sure to let us know the next time you are coming down! We would love to say hello in person!

Thank you again for your comments and for trusting us whenever you come to Anaheim!!

Reviewed 14 May 2012

There is nothing fancy about this hotel, but it was perfect for what I needed. Value for money, easy access to transfer buses and most importantly a VERY short walk to Disneyland Theme Parks.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Megs M
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Thank you so much for the review you posted on Trip Advisor regarding your stay last month! We are so glad that you were happy with our proximity to Disneyland and California Adventure and to the ease with which you were able to get around.

Thank you again for your comments!! We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you are in Anaheim!!

Reviewed 11 May 2012

If your looking for an inexpensive hotel, Castle Inn is the place.I was a little concerned by some of the reviews, but went with it, anyways b/c of the price and just hoped for the best. I was more concerned w/ wanting $$ for DL that I was okay with getting a cheap hotel. I'll I wanted was somewhere I could lay my head, take a shower, not pay for parking, and that had a pool & spa. It had all of these. I had mention when I had reserved the hotel that I wanted a downstairs and no smoking and that's what I received. The rooms was basic.... but the shower worked well ,the hot water lasted, and yes, the beds were basic, but I brought my own pillow & blanket to make it more comfy and after a day/ night @ DL we were so exhausted the bed was great and I slept like a baby!!! When I needed more towels I called the front desk and w/ in minutes there was staff at my door w/ extra.
The only thing was a accurate to the reviews was that it's noisy outside when guest are walking & talking near your room. It was really only noisy in the morning when guest were heading out , which was fine, b/c I didn't come to sleep in all morning, anyhow. Bottom line was I was impressed for the price I paid for four nights and it's 5, maybe 10 min. walk from DL and I would definitely stay there, again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank Cali_Hottie23
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Thank you, first of all, for going with your gut and staying with us last month, regardless of what some of the reviews said. We love free thinkers and realize that we cannot always make everyone happy but are pleased that your stay surpassed your expectations!

Our complimentary guest parking is such an added amenity to our guests that we are so glad you mentioned it, especially when most of our neighbors have a parking rate!

We hope you will come and stay with us again sometime in the future!! Thank you again for your comments and time!!

Reviewed 8 May 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights, just got back last night! From the second we walked in the staff was phenominal! I cannot say enough about them, especially Alberta! Thanks you! The hotel itself is older and could use some updating but is very clean and more than does the job! I was a little worried after reading some reviews but once there didn't have a single problem... we normally stay at much higher end resorts but didn't have a problem with his place... the only thing that I was a little disappointed with was where it is. As it is not very far from the main gates, only a block and a half, the MAIN reason I booked this hotel was because everywhere I looked it said it was right across from the main gate, and while it is right across from the park, it is not across from the main enterance! Generally this wouldn't be an issue but my son is on chemotherapy at the moment and gets tired and sore very easily so it was a little more of a walk then we would have liked but the service definitely made up for that! (side note: if you are going with a sick child or medical illness feel free to email me and I can give you some great tips for doing disney, made our trip the best ever)
The little store there was great for all the "things" we needed and very reasonalbly priced! We noticed that eating in the park really wasn't much more expensive then outside unless you really got off the main strip. The cheesecake factory is around the corner and definitely worth the walk.... we had an awesome meal!
If you are a super picky person and not there to just enjoy every second of happiness that Disneyland is then i'm sure you will find lots wrong with this hotel. If you are there to have fun and flop down and sleep at the end of a looong day and swim and just have fun, you will not be disappointed :) please feel free to contact me about hotel or disney :)

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank kij80
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

We wanted to thank you for the time you took to post a review regarding your stay with us last month especially because we saw that you did it the day after you returned from here! Thank you also, for being a free thinker and disregarding some of the other reviews and experience the hotel yourself!

We are pleased to hear that the staff lived up to your expectations and we have made mention to Alberta that you were extremely complimentary of her!

We are so sorry to hear that your son is going through chemotherapy but hope that your visit to Disneyland helped to raise his spirits!!

Thank you again for staying with us and for your comments!! We hope that you will return to stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed 6 May 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel before and was a little let down the second time around. It was clean but the shower head sprayed the entire bathroom ceiling and the water shifted from hot to cold constantly. The matresses are very stiff so be prepared. But the location is very good being 10 minutes to the Disneyland main gate. If you are on a tight budget, it works.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Baseball4evr10
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Thank you so much for the review you posted about your stay with us last month! While we are sorry to hear that you were a little let down this time, we are so very appreciative that you had returned to stay after a previous visit. Please know that we take all comments seriously and they have all been addressed!

We hope that you will come back another time and let third time be the charm for your Castle Inn & Suites adventures!

Thank you again!

Reviewed 6 May 2012

The rooms are clean and spacious. We stayed here for our Disneyland trip. It's a 5 minute walk from the park. Yes it is older but they make sure you have everything you need. Staff is very courteous. For people giving it bad reviews, they must want to be waited on hand and foot and expect people to bow down to them. The place is quiet and doesn't have problems with rowdy guests. We are a family of 6 and it worked well for us. We would come back to stay here if we are lucky enough to afford another trip to Disneyland. Very good price.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank navywife1994
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

We are so pleased to hear that your experience at the Castle Inn & Suites was a great one and that you would come back on your next trip to Anaheim! Thank you very much for the review and your positive feedback! We appreciate all of the comments we receive and are thankful to those of you who post them!

As we always do, we want to thank you for such wonderful comments regarding the staff! Our staff is one of our biggest assets and we are thrilled to receive such kind reviews about them!

Thank you again! We hope to see you another time in the future!

Reviewed 4 May 2012

This is by far the worst hotel that we have ever stayed in. We checked-in for 4 nights, but checked-out after the first night. I have seen some good reviews of this hotel, so perhaps all rooms are not same, and I guess people have different expectations from the hotel. We stayed in the family suite and the room was terrible. The hotel is dated and dirty. The mattress was really bad, and both my wife and I woke up witha stiff back the following morning. The closet rails were bad and the doors would not glide smoothly. Someone was sent to fix the problem, but he just used (WD40 - a lubricant), which didn't fix the problem. We couldn't even have a proper shower after the first morning, as the water just trickled from the shower-head. The WiFi is only available in the lobby, so I guess the only positive is that the hotel is a 5-7 minutes walk from the Disneyland main gate. Anyhow, we are glad that we checked out and spent the remaining 3 nights at the Candy Cane Inn, which is just across the street and it is a wonderful hotel (I will probably write a separate review for that).

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank YJ72
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Thank you so much for the time it took to write a review regarding your stay with us in May. We are so sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay and checked out early. We appreciate your feedback and are always open for helpful suggestions to enhance the property or our customer service.

Thank you again for your comments! We have addressed the issues you touched based on.