“Great place to stay!”

Castle Inn and Suites
Ranked #17 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 17 May 2010

We stayed at the castle Inn for two nights, great place, clean, Walking distance to Disneyland, walking distance to many restaurants. The last day of stay, they let us park our vehicle in their parking lot while we spent theafternoon at Downtown Disney. We had four teenagers in our room (family suite) alot of space! Highly recommend!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Castle Inn and Suites

Reviewed 10 May 2010

April was our first visit to the Castle Inn & Suites hotel. We enjoyed ourselves very much. We had a special need and the management was very cheerful and accommodating. We used the Family suite with 3 beds in two separated rooms. Being only seven minutes walking from Disneyland my daughter-in-law would bring the two children back to the hotel for a nap in the afternoon and then return a little later very much refreshed. The room was clean, quiet and we would definitely return again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2010

We stayed at the Castle Inn and Suites for 6 nights and on check in were told we had an upgraded room. This meant we had a jetted tub in the bathroom. We weren't bothered about the upgraded room but took it anyway! We were told there was a $6 plus tax charge per night on the crib which we were annoyed at as when we had called to request a crib we weren't told of this.

The next day when we told them we didn't have the crib we were informed we shouldn't have been put in that room as they don't allow kids in the room with the jetted tub. They told us we would have to move. We requested to stay as our toddler couldn't get in as it was up to his shoulders and we were informed they would have to ask the manager and we should check in with them later. We spent the day worried we would have to re-pack. Luckily the Manager agreed we could stay.

As we were ground floor people were very noisy walking past and our AC unit sucked in the smell of smoke from outside. This meant we got a very restless night.

location was good - close to Disney and Anaheim Garden Walk for restaurants. No local map though to show where anything was.

Cleaners were very hit and miss and we never got sugar replenished.

I would find a different location next time

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank heldol
Reviewed 15 April 2010

This is the 2nd time we have stayed here, we also stayed here in 1998 for our honeymoon. Nice and close to walk to Disneyland, has the new Anaheim Garden Walk shopping complex right behind it, though we never made it there. We stayed 6 nights and had no problems. The rooms were clean, spacious, comfy, that is all I really ask from a hotel room, oh and the staff were competent. We arrived after a 14 hour flight from Australia very tired at about 10am and check in was not until 2pm, so we did push our luck and ask if they had any room available as my 9yo son was sick from sheer exhaustion. They were a bit short with us and told us they only had a noisy room and we were better off waiting a bit longer which we didi. We went and tried to eat something and waste a little time and came back in an hour jetlagged as hell and they threw us some room keys, we weren't sure what to expect, but the room was great. I would recommend staying here, the $2 bean tostadas at the eateries next door (the Mex place) were unreal, I am still dreaming about them, oh and the orange chicken at the chinese place also very good, oh and the pizza place at the end, omg pure heaven!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2010

I got a really good, last minute deal on this hotel. I have stayed in other hotels on Harbour before and thought this one looked really cute from the outside. The theme does not continue on the inside.
Pros.
It is a good price

A 10-15 minute walk to Disneyland. The entrace to the hotel is across the street from the Paridise Pier end of California Adventure.

It was fairly clean

Helpful staff

Close to many restaurants

Free wifi, but sometimes little to no connectivity

Free parking

Cons
The parking is very limited.

The rooms are fairly clean, but cleaned sporadically and some days as late as 4 or 5 pm. Other family members stayed there as well, and a couple of the days were never given towels.

The walls are paper thin. We stayed there unfortunately when the National Cheerleading competion was happening. Screaming/cheering girls could be heard all the time.

My husband and I had a shower that had very little water pressure, where my mom's room had too much for her.

Bring your own pillows, the beds were very uncomfortable and the pillows were no more than 1-2 inches thick.

I could recommend this hotel to a friend as long as I made sure they knew what they were getting into.
All

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2010

We booked at the last minute and chose this hotel because we needed a one-bedroom suite within walking distance of Disneyland. Although my travel agent tried to find another hotel for us, this was the only one with a family suite available.

Pros--within walking distance of Disneyland. Clean and comfortable beds. Budget-friendly.

Cons--Footfall noise from room above. If you need quiet, book the top floor.

Bathroom shower curtain and door frame were dirty when we arrived. I cleaned it.

Reception was friendly sometimes and bordering on rude when we asked questions about the area or the park. It depended who was on duty whether the service was polite or somewhat arrogant.

The swimming pool was rated for 6 occupants only. Don't count too much on swimming here if it is hot outside.

I would not stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank WanderingIvy
Reviewed 1 April 2010

On March 26th, my husband and I met another couple in Anaheim for a weekend at Disneyland. We shared a "Family suite" which had 2 rooms, but only one bathroom. The one bathroom is actually IN the room with the one king bed. My husband and I stayed in the 2nd bedroom, so it was a little awkward walking into our friends room in the middle of the night to use the bathroom.

Anyway, I'm supposed to be writing a favorable review. Let me explain... Our friends arrived first, checked in and parked. We arrived a few hours later and were told that there was only 1 parking space per room. The nearest parking was 3 blocks away at the Super 8 hotel and it would cost us $10 a night. WHAT?!? As of March 30th, this is NOT mentioned anywhere on the website...believe me, I checked thoroughly.

My husband started to give the manager his "thoughts" on this parking policy (i.e. voices started to get raised). About the time I thought the manager was going to kick us out, my husband said that we were going to leave a bad review for the hotel on this website. The Manager immediately said, "Well, if I give you a parking pass, will you give us a good review?". Uhh..... sure. So, we ended with a second parking pass and here is our review.

The good part:
- The hotel is VERY close to the front gate at Disneyland. Its a 2 block walk and there is an IHOP and a Denny's between the hotel and the Disneyland gate.
- The room is cheap. We paid about $150 for a Family Suite on the weekend.
- The room was clean. No frills, but we were really only using the room to sleep in.
- While the hotel is 4 stories high , there are both stairs and an elevator.
- Manager gave us an extra parking pass

If you thinking of booking this hotel, you might also look at the Peacock Suites. Their rooms appear to be nicer with about the same price point. However, I don't think they are as close to Disneyland. Just a thought... I actually WOULD stay at the Castle Inn & Suites again now that I know what to expect.

Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends