“Great location and fabulous happy hour!”

Four Points by Sheraton Anaheim
Ranked #63 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Extra for valet parking, no problem. Check in was a breeze. Happy hour great. Nice selections of
small plates and drinks. Room was average. Waking up to smell of sulfur at 4am is not cool. Ice machines were supposedly new but did not work. Checked every floor and even in the lobby. Finally got ice from restaurant, after calling and going to front desk. Would stay again because of location and price.

1  Thank Ondagogrl
CasaResortsInc, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Anaheim, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I have forwarded your comments regarding the ice machines to our maintenance engineer and they are functioning properly at this time. We are happy to know you will return, and look forward to hosting you again soon.
Charlotte, Guest Services

Write a ReviewReviews (2,083)

Reviewed 2 July 2013

Two nights in Anaheim at the tailend of our USA holiday in June 2013 found us at the Hotel Menage. Checking in was no problem and the staff were helpful. The first thing we noticed (well the kids actually) was the pool (dad noticed the outdoor bar). The second thing we noticed was the freeway noise as we were staying on the 5th floor and faced the freeway but I have to say after closing the door this wasn't a problem. Overall the hotel has a great vibe and the staff are on the whole younger and very helpful. We took the shuttle bus to Disneyland on two days and had no problems getting there and back and you can buy tickets at the desk in the hotel. We ate breakfast at the buffet in the restaurant and it was fine and cheap. Dinner in the same place was ok too. The pool is definitely one of the plus factors and being able to have a drink by the pool while watching your kids swim is a definite thumbs up from me. WiFi was free and available in the room and worked fine. Overall I would recommend Hotel Menage particularly if you don't need to go back to your room from Disneyland multiple times during the day. Also it has to have one of the best views of the fireworks from the pool!

Room Tip: Don't worry too much about the freeway noise unless you intend to spend a lot of time in your ro...
Reviewed 2 July 2013

The lobby is basically a bar and very dark. The bed and pillows were like sleeping on boards. It is right on I-5 so the traffic noise is constant. We had a reservation for 4 nights (confirmed in writing), but the desk called my husband on the last night when we were at Disneyland and asked when we were going to get out of our room. He then argued with my husband about the reservation. Very rude!!
This is not a "boutique" hotel. It is an old motel that has been renevated and basically has the feel of a nightclub. There was a big loud party on the weekend that carried up to the walkways late at night. Maybe fine for young couples, but not exactly where you want to stay with kids while getting up early to go to the parks.

2  Thank JHM93

Thank you for your review. We regret to hear that your stay was not what you had been expecting.
I apologize for the confusion regarding the length of your stay, and we've spoken with the front desk regarding the way they handled the situation.
We appreciate your feedback and candid comments.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Harbor Blvd is lined with hotel upon hotel providing the most sparse (but often perfectly satisfactory) rooms for Disneyland tourists. This is a fun step up from those. The hotel is well designed, thematically consistent (so rare these days) and up-to-date with a fun and active ambience. We spent one day at Disneyland, but another at the hotel pool ... all day ... it was awesome.

The pool is 24 hours. That may be a burden to rooms in the immediate vicinity, but we faced the pool from the 4th floor and it wasn't a problem. The reality is that few use the pool very late, but it's nice to know that you can make use of this amenity for a quick dip after a theme park day if you want to. I've read disparaging comments about the fact that they play a pretty strong track of music around the pool until 10 pm. Seriously, this is a brilliant move on the hotel's part. My one big "issue" with this location is that it's right next to I-5 and the traffic sound is constant. The music around the pool relegates the cars and trucks to so much white noise, and it works. Our room was a pool and I-5 facing room, and I was impressed with the sound-dampening that took place when we closed our doors.

Rooms are up to date. I like the laptop-case-friendly safe. Comfy (if a bit firm) bed.

This hotel is located directly behind Disneyland (right behind IT'S A SMALL WORLD, actually, and the "backstage buildings" ... just across I-5). Since this is where they launch the vast majority of the park's nightly fireworks show, it really is a prime location for enjoying the pyrotechnics. They went off just as we arrived, which I thought was a nice touch. You really should plan to enjoy them if you're at the hotel at the right time. You won't be able to ignore them. They easily drown out the highway sounds.

The service was swell. The bartender at the poolside palapa bar was great. We spent a full day just relaxing at the pool, and then enjoying the 4-7 pm happy hour small plates and drink discounts. The hot dog sliders were tasty.

Looking at a map, you're basically at the corner of Harbor and Ball. There's a full complement of convenience stores (including a Walmart Neighborhood Market) at Ball and Anaheim, just two blocks east. The walk to the park entrance is not insubstantial (so I wouldn't recommend planning to go back and forth throughout the day), but it's an easy 10 minutes (especially to the park ... a bit more uphill coming back).

All in all, I'd recommend this especially to young couples. There were plenty of young families and kids having a great time, but the vibe seemed to be tuned to active adult lifestyles more than kids. In short, I'd stay here again ... and there are lots of choices in the area so that's saying something.

Room Tip: We faced the pool (and the highway) and the noise was not a problem. I'd recommend a higher lev...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We visited Hotel Menage in April of 2010 and had an amazing time. My husband and I travelled with another couple and got two rooms side by side. The decor is tasteful and contemporary. Rooms are clean and spacious. My favorite thing about this resort is the pool. Beautiful and lush foliage surround a freeform 24 hour heated pool and hot tub. Beside the pool there are plenty of loungers and a quaint tiki bar with tasty adult beverages. I really feel like I get the best of both types of vacations when I stay here. I get the lounging, relaxation when I'm at the hotel and the fun activities at Disneyland. The one drawback is the walk. It was fine with just us (two couples in their late 20's/ early 30's) but I think it would be rather challenging with children or grandparents. Also, starbucks is across the street if you need a caffeine fix! We ate at the hotels restaurant a couple times and I felt the portions were too small for the value. I found the menu to be almost too large. Perhaps if the menu was reworked and scaled back the offerings could be more plentiful or affordable. It was delicious though! And there are plenty of places to eat along the route to Disneyland.
Overall:
The Good- Amazing pool with view of fireworks and tiki bar, affordable cost, clean contemporary rooms, friendly staff.
The Bad- Long walk having to cross the overpass.
The Ugly- None as far as I'm concerned.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the freeway if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

We are thrilled to hear how you enjoyed your recent stay! Thank you for your comments, compliments, and feedback. We look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed 27 June 2013

This hotel is very close to Disney and downtown Disney, which is great if you are going there for the day/night. The rooms were pretty nice. Ours was poolside and close to the fun tiki bar! Really good breakfast- worth the price!

Room Tip: Most of the rooms face the pool so you may get noise from the tiki bar and/or pool since its open al...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Valet was not friendly, checked in with four people gave us a room with one bed. Asked for a different room and felt that we were inconveniencing the staff. Got a different room that looked like someone had kicked the door in. The door stayed close only because of the lock, tub and toilet leaked. Walls were paper thin and you could hear your neighbors. Asked staff for directions around the area and was told to get a map. Not friendly at all, stayed away from the front desk until check out which unfortunately we had booked 4 nights. Walk to Disney is taking your life into your hands considering you have to cross the freeway exit and entrance. Is not a 15 min walk, more like 30 min. Parking is not included in price, room not clean, very dusty. Not enough towels for 4. Drunks by the pool and very small hot tub, not family friendly.

Room Tip: Do not take th elevator on the North side, it smokes.
1  Thank KSnap
CasaResortsInc, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Anaheim, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

We are sorry to hear your opinion of your recent stay at Hotel Menage. Your feedback has been noted and passed along to the valet, maintenance and housekeeping departments.
Thank you for your candid comments.
Hotel Menage