“Excellent”
Review of Hotel Menage

Hotel Menage
Ranked #65 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Generally a good experience with clean comfortable room. Bathroom was aim need of a little repair. Metal bed frame sticks out and easily catches your leg. We placed pillows on corners to remind us. Very noisy as next to the I5, however the room was well soundproofed and all we heard was a hum of traffic. Great view of Disney fireworks in the evening. It was about 1/2 mile walk to park entrance but there is also a shuttle service for which $5 gets you a day pass and you can ride any of the ART busses including to outlets mall etc.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
CasaResortsInc, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Menage, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

We appreciate your feedback. Your comments regarding the bathroom and bed frame have been noted for discussion. Thank you for your candid comments... We look forward to the opportunity to host you again, should your travels bring you back to the Anaheim area!

Reviewed 1 May 2014

The staff is friendly, helpful and pleasant! The hotel is nice but the rooms are a bit old and dated, they were clean though. You are really close to Disney, we would walk there and back no problem! Please beware if you have little ones you are close to the parks and can hear the fireworks clearly at night and it actually might scare them. Check out Mimi's restaurant for a good priced meals. It's between the hotel and Disneyland and good value for what you get! Close to the highway as well.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank CostaRica12345

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, and we appreciate your candid comments.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Menage in April 2014. I booked this hotel after I read some other Trip Advisor reviews. The other reviews said the hotel was noisy because of the 24 hour pool and the proximity to the freeway. We had a room facing the pool so we did not hear the traffic noise. We also heard no pool noise for the first 4 nights. Night 5 was ridiculous. I didn't mind people being in the pool but the blaring rap music was unbearable. Night 6 also resulted in me calling the front desk to complain about the neighbors. They had a dog and it was barking and crying. The walls are quite thin so we could hear every move our neighbors made. We complained twice and the desk staff were very quick to apologize and confront the noise makers. After 2 complaints by us and 2 discussing with the other guests by the desk staff, they were quiet. I think it is a great place as long as you have no neighbors and the 24 pool is quiet by 10. The view of the Disneyland fireworks was really nice. The waitresses were not very experienced or knowledgeable on what they were serving. Great happy hour prices though. Brutal coffee prices. $3.25 for a cup of coffee is insanity. Do yourself a favor and cross the street to Starbucks and get a coffee for less that $2.00. Overall it was ok. Not excited to stay there again but not unhappy either.

Room Tip: Request a corner room at the end of a hallway, opposite end from the elevator. Room 101 was ok.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HeatherJane737
Reviewed 30 April 2014

When we originally booked our trip we expected to arrive a day later than we did. The hotel and staff were able to accommodate the extra day we needed without any trouble. The hotel is conveniently located on a transit route giving very easy access to Disneyland. Both Sureya and Erik took great care of us. I would definitely stat here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Well, I can not say enough about this luxury bouique hotel. My girlfriend and I stayed in this gourgeous hotel for 2 weeks. Be prepared to be treated like royalty, from the management to the cleaning staff. It is noted that the big wig management, do not glorify their positions to their staff instead I saw during my stay each one of them pitching in whenever the staff needed the help. There was no yelling screaming and not one of them stated, "this is not in my job description, so I will not help!" instead each one of them rolled up their sleeves to pitch in wherever needed. If this is not class, I don't know what is. Secondly, I happened to get sick with the flu and Siria in the front desk was very quick to refer me to a in hotel doctor that was able to see me and give me meds. This girl has been so kind with a lovely smile each shift she worked. I was really touched how Mark the manager of the restaurant would come over to our table to see how I was recovering from my sickness. He stated with a friendly smile, "You've got your color back, you are on the mend." I was so touched by the entire hotel staff been concerned about me getting better. By the way, I should mention this hotel's restaurant, "American Taverna" which serves the best foods. We ate at this restaurant 90% of the stay. Each sitting, we were warmly welcomed by Gabreil the top chef and his staff. He was so professional and you could see the sparkle and glow in this chef's eyes, to see persons enjoying the foods they love to create. Thank you David, Mark, Gabreil and all the restaurant staff, Siria, Sergio, Kent, Patrick, Isabell, Erik, Fernando and I am sorry anyone else I forgot to mention. I will without a doubt in my mind be returning, just make sure room 311 is ready for me, lol! Thank you Hotel Menage, I will miss everyone that I was in contact with.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Starbucks are the quietest.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank ShaeChloe
CasaResortsInc, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Menage, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

We are thrilled to read your review of your recent stay! Thank you for your kind compliments to our friendly team members... your shout-outs are very much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We loved our nice & spacious room, our beds were very comfy and the bathroom was very modern...coming from a nicotine soaked Vegas room to this fresh , clean room was a blessing. We absolutely loved the in-house restaurant with every meal enjoyable. Loved the relaxed atmosphere around the pool bar (especially happy hour). We saw so many fire-work displays while lounging by the pool it was heavenly.Do yourself a favour and get a 3 day shuttle bus pass...the 10 minute walk is a killer after walking around Disneyland all day and then use that pass to travel around Anaheim ......we recommend the O.C discount outlets (Route 15 I think)....get yourself a burger at Red Robins.....loved it!!! Overall this is a great place for Aussies....you'll meet lots & lots at the bar :)

Room Tip: The traffic noise didn't bother us....use the shuttle don't walk
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Simone I

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. We are so happy to hear that you had a great time at our hotel, and that you were able to enjoy the fireworks view from the pool and bar. Your kind words are appreciated!

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Loved our 4 night stay at Hotel Menage. Exceeded our expectations. A very short 5-10 min walk to Disney area. Room was large and comfortable, and beautifully serviced daily. The pool area was perfect for cheap cocktails and bar snacks at happy hour on comfy couches in the sunshine. Great on-site restaurant also. There is a service station right across the road with a Starbucks and Taco Bell, and more restaurants either side within a 15 min walk. The front desk staff were AMAZING. Cannot say enough about all their staff - they were all so helpful.

The only real downside to this hotel is their Wifi - it is very patchy making it impossible to Skype. We left our two year old at home so we were dying to see him! It works for short amounts of time making browsing the internet or skyping near impossible. The only other negative is there is no kettle to boil hot water to make cups of tea- just a coffee maker. Walls a bit thin, but I think we just had overly noisy neighbours in the next room.

Thank you Hotel Menage - will definitely recommend to all our friends back home and if we come back to Anaheim will DEFINITELY stay again :)

Room Tip: We were on the third floor facing the pool area, great view and little noise like others have mentio...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Liam S

Thank you for your review. We are very proud to have the friendliest hospitality team in Anaheim, and we appreciate your compliments to them! Our deepest apologies about the trouble with the internet during your stay... I can completely understand your longing to see and speak with your little one. We are so grateful for your candid comments, and we look forward to hosting you and/or your friends again!