“Dressed Up Motel”
Review of Hotel Menage

Hotel Menage
Ranked #62 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Hotel is practically on top of the 5 Freeway. Rooms on the backside of the property have deafening eight or ten lane traffic noise 24/7. Elevator was slow and felt like it was about to break. In the room my safe did not work, my bed sheet had a bloodstain and my entry key worked sporadically. The fridge made a whining sound. No HD Channels or at least not many. I'm sure the budget minded family going to Disneyland will find this place acceptable, but not me.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms that face the freeway.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
David G, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Menage, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear SeaAirMakesMeHungry,

I am sorry to learn you did not truly enjoy your stay with us. Please know that had these items been brought to the attention of Hotel Staff, we could have had those immediately remedied. They have also been addressed by the appropriate departments.

Please feel free to contact me directly at davidg@casaresortsinc.com if you wish to discuss your stay in greater detail.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Menage

Reviewed 11 August 2014

If you're going to Disneyland, this is a great choice, as it's a 10 minute walk from the park, or if you prefer (especially if you have small kids) there's a bus stop right outside that will get you to the park. The hotel itself was clean, and I ate breakfast at the hotel each morning at their breakfast buffet, which was great for kids, and ate in their restaurant one night, which was reasonable. The pool was ok, and it was convenient to be able to buy a beer right next to it, or to play ping pong in that area. My two gripes about the hotel were 1) it was too noisy at night - in my case, my room was on the freeway side, and there was a lot of freeway noise. The noise seemed to come in around the door, so weather stripping on the door would likely fix that (so hopefully management reads this!). 2) the wifi, at least in my room, was useless. I bought my laptop, as I planned to do some email in the evenings, but only once ever managed to connect to the network, and even then, is was glacial, so no real work could be done. Nonetheless, my family had a great vacation, and it wasn't spoiled by these two things.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
David G, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Menage, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Gavin S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with Hotel Menage. We truly appreciate your review.
Our Team has taken note of the items you shared and we have made the necessary corrections.

We are happy to know your family enjoyed the vacation and we look forward to having you as our guest soon!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I picked this place as it was near Disneyland and from the website had some great extras. 1. the pool was open 24hrs and was it was a nice pool. 2. You could also see the fireworks from the park. My experience however with this place was that we didn't check in until midnight and the room we got was HORRIBLE. My daughter was even shocked of how ugly and tacky it was. The room looked like it was not even finished, and there was no carpet which was odd to me.Since I had said I had a 2 yr. I was concerned if he fell he could of gotten hurt. Then there were pipes in the ceiling that also made the room very uncomfortable. Then there was the bathroom that had hair in the tub and also a pubic hair on the floor. I was literally disgusted that we were offered that room. Of course I insisted they get us another room and they did but I didn't feel at ease until the next night. I will not be going back nor recommending it to friends who wanted to know about the place. The only good thing I could say is that the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Maria I,

We are sorry to learn that our “loft style’’ guest rooms were not what you expected, however we are happy to know you appreciated the proximity to Disneyland and the.

If you wish to discuss your guest room and your overall experience in greater detail, please contact me at davidg@casaresortsinc.com

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Our family stayed at the Hotel Menage for a day at Disney. Very nice hotel with beautiful grounds, pool, lobby, restaurant. I would definitely stay here again for another trip to the area. We didn't eat at the American restaurant but I wish we did. We took the shuttle to Disneyland. Very convenient.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear ohiopapatraveler,
Thank you for the very nice review! We are happy to know you annoyed your stay while at Hotel Menage.

We hope to see you soon and have an opportunity to eat at our American Tavern Restaurant.
Thanks!

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

What a nice hotel. But with terrible location. Right next to the freeway and busy stay. But the windows work well. The fireworks display view is beautiful from the pool area. The rooms are clean and nice. The attached restaurant, American Tavern has good food. I do recommend this place. The service is great too. There is a shuttle to and from Disneyland but it isn't free. The hotel is right next to the I-5. I love the pool and Palapa bar. I love how the pool is open 24/7.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ThatOneNiko
David G, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Menage, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear NIKO C,

Thank you for your 5 star review! Our Team is excited to know your experience was pleasant and enjoyable.

We are glad you enjoyed out American Tavern Eatery menu and the nightly Disneyland Fireworks.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed at this resort in February 2013 and liked it so much that it was our first choice when we went back to California in December. I have stayed in at least a dozen hotels in the Disney area and even though this one is a 10-15 minute walk to the park, this was easily one of my favorites because it's away from all of the noise that comes with being right across from Disneyland. Definitely request a room with a view of the fireworks - we actually thought the view of the fireworks was almost on par with our view from when we watched them in the park (albeit without the music or the castle). Rooms are a good size. I've read a lot of complaints about the noise from the freeway but this was honestly never an issue for us... possibly because we were so tired from everything we did during the day that we were too tired to notice. The restaurant has really good food and an excellent happy hour drink/appetizer menu. Definitely recommend eating there at least once during your stay. Our one complaint - we tried to get into the hot tub (which is open 24/7) several times but it was always overflowing with people. Obviously not the fault of the hotel but annoying nonetheless. When we were there in December I think it was too cold for most people so we did manage to get in there one day undisturbed and the bartender came by and brought us drinks and menus which we were quite impressed by. I'm sure we'll be back!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear MeganO85,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are so happy to know you enjoyed your stay, our accommodations and our proximity to Disneyland.
It’s flattering to know you enjoyed your stay months back and are now sharing your stay’s details now with us.

We hope to see you in the near future!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We decided to stay at this hotel because of its close proximity to Disneyland, and because of the reasonable rates. I'm sorry I did because the beds were so hard, the pillow felt like someone folded up a towel and stuffed it in a pillow case. There was no covering over the box spring which added to the overall cheap feel of the room. The bathrooms are weirdly large and just don't feel clean. Yuck. I didn't like this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014
David G, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Menage, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear JodiNina,

We are sorry to know that you did not truly enjoy your stay and your guest room. Please know that our service team is trained to ensure our guests are always completely satisfied;

Please feel free to contact me at davidg@casresortsinc.com to discuss your stay and room in greater detail.