“Loved the European Suite”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Menage

Hotel Menage
Ranked #57 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Norhtridge
“Loved the European Suite”
Reviewed 13 February 2009

We stayed here for our honeymoon and LOVED it!!! but there is one thing that I will advise. It is better to book through the actual hotel rather than other sites such as hotels.com. I say this, because the actual hotel will know exactly what they have and what the rooms/suites are called. When I found this hotel on the internet, I went to hotels.com and saw the pictures of the suite and it was exactly what we wanted. When I called Hotels.com I told them that I wanted the king SUITE. The hotels.com rep said, "Oh that's great, we have a room with a king size bed and a sofa and a 42" plasma TV." I said, "Ok good, I want the king SUITE." So I went ahead and booked it (what I thought was the SUITE). We did think it was a really really good deal and didn't think anything else of it. So anyway, we get to the room on our wedding night and I see that the room is A LOT smalleer than what I thought we had booked, but I just thought that the pictures always make it look better and didn't think anything else. Although I was a little disappointed we stayed there and went to Disneyland the next day. When we got back to our hotel SUITE we decided to get some ice for a little drink. As we walked down the hall to get the ice, there was a room with the blinds/curtains opened and we saw what we saw on the internet and what we thought we booked. so I call the front desk and complain and I asked them what my room was called. Low and behold, it is NOT a SUITE but a STUDIO king!! Ok by this time I had gotten very disapointed and demanded that we get something in return for the miscommunication that the hotel rep had. Mind you, I had mentioned KING SUITE a few times when I booked it. The front desk manager had told me that the other sites DO get the names of the rooms mixed up sometimes. So I asked if there was anything that she could do to help me since it was our honeymoon and the SUITE is actually what we wanted. Again, when we walked into the STUDIO, I just figured that all the rooms were called suites and the only difference was the queen or king size bed. So anyway, the front desk manager said that we could upgrade our room to the SUITE for $100. My husband and I talked and decided that it wasn't even worth it anymore since checkout was at noon the next day and it was already 8pm. I told the lady that we don't want to waste the $100 and she said, "You know what, I'll go ahead and upgrade you guys." I told her that we did not want to pay/waste the $100 for just a few hours and she said that it was ok and she'd upgrade us anyway. So besides this really nice lady, the place is absolutely beautiful!!!! Even if we did end up staying in the STUDIO, We would have been happy. Everyone there is really nice and helpful and It's literally right down the street from Disneyland and there's a shuttle that takes you to and from the park. The rooms were really nice and clean. The room service people were even really nice. The lounge and restaurant is really nice too. They weren't too busy either so you can get your order right away.

My only tip again is to book your stay with the actual hotel themselves.
Oh, and if you ride the shuttle to Disneyland, buy your bus ticket at the front desk, it's cheaper and faster.

Stayed February 2009
MenageHotelAnaheim, Owner at Hotel Menage, responded to this review, 17 February 2009
em020709,

First and foremost, I am very sorry that you were told that the Studio Room was a suite. We have four suites that start at $350 per night and go up to $750 per night. All our rooms are newly renovated and quite nice, as you experienced, so again I'm sorry that they told you that you were booking the "Suite"... I am however very pleased to hear that our night manager upgraded you for the last night of your stay... Congratulations on your marriage and we hope to see you again soon at Hotel Menage hopefully sooner than later!!!! Thank you for your business!

Hotel Menage...

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (461)
Livingston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 February 2009

We booked in here for three nights to take our four year old to Disneyland and ended up staying for six and used it as a base for exploring the rest of Orange County. Hotel location can't be bettered, a ten minute walk from Disneyland and right off the freeway network so really easy to find. The coastal beaches at Newport and Huntingdon are only a 20 minute drive. Staff were first class (especially the concierge) , rooms well laid out and spacious and the pool area with jacuzzi pool excellent. The bonus of free internet access was very helpful too.

The attached restaurant K'ya was fantastic, breakfasts were first class and the steaks to die for. It can be a little noisy in the room at night with the traffic, but we were so tired after walking all day it made no difference.

You could probably spend far more at a nearby hotel from a large chain, but my advice would be not to waste your money and go here instead, where you'll be well looked after and have a superb stay.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Shugsterhibs
Shugsterhigs,

Thank you for your comments! I will make sure to let the concierge know that you enjoyed their services... We strive to make every guest experience perfect, and we are very glad we accomplished that with you! We pride ourselves on value with complimentary wireless and a great food and beverage prices... We hope you will be able to visit Hotel Menage again soon and please let the UK know about us!!!! Thank you for your business...

chicago
Reviewed 2 February 2009

Went to maui on our honeymoon and stayed here on the way back. great location, just a 15 min walk to the park. can see the fireworks from the pool. supposed to be family oriented but seems more for a romantic getaway given the decor of the place. good prices too.

• Liked — decor,price,location
  • Disliked — as always wish room was bigger
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
MenageHotelAnaheim, Owner at Hotel Menage, responded to this review, 5 February 2009
Yvesrn,

Thank you for your compliments! We appreciate your business and feedback and hope to see you at Hotel Menage again soon!!!!

Hotel Menage
Perth
Reviewed 30 January 2009

We picked this hotel primarily because of its newly renovated rooms and the fact that it wasn't a family orientated hotel, therefore less likelihood of there being hundreds of kids!

As it turned out, I did not see one child at the hotel for the length of my stay. Great for those people who want to see Disneyland, but who are not travelling as a family.

We were in a standard room on the fifth floor, almost directly opposite the elevators. I initially thought that this would be a noise issue, but it wasn't at all. Yes, outside the room walking along the corridor to the elevator, the freeway is very noisy, but inside the rooms we did not hear one bit of it!

The walk to the disneyland entry gate was less than 10 minutes at a leisurely pace.

The rooms are decorated beautifully. Very modern finishings. New, large plasma mounted on the wall. Couch and coffee table. Bed was SOOOO comfy! Plenty of pillows and blankets. Iron and ironing board. The bathroom sink was outside the actual bathroom which I always find annoying, but it seems to be quite common in US hotels. Not a big issue though! Bathroom was clean and well maintained. People on here have complained of peeling paint in the bathtub etc - I didnt find any.

Overall the rooms were excellent in both facilities and decor.

We would have dinner every night at the bar downstairs - happy hour between 4 and 7pm - all bar food and house beer/wine is half price! Most expensive meal you could possibly order during happy hour was therefore about $9! So the bar is well priced even not during happy hour!

The hotel adjacent to the bar hadly ever had any people in it - the most people we saw in there at night were about 4! The restaurant seems overpriced considering the bar food is excellent and so cheap! I highly recommend the ceasar salad!! Fantastic!

We were served by Andrew and Frank at the bar! These two guys were fantastic, fun and highly attentive. Excellent service!

We also spoke to the hotel/bar manager one night, who bought us all a round of drinks and gave us info for NYE events in Las Vegas from a friend of his! Very friendly and helpful!

Check in and out was a breeze! The internet room has these awesome lava lamps and is decked out with plush carpets and chairs! Music playing in the lobby was nice - we were there around Christmas so it was rat pack style carols all around! Loved it!

There are coin operated washing machines on the ground floor - these were very useful! There are also dryers. There are ice machines on every floor also.

All in all, a fantastic hotel! Hard to fault! The pools looked brilliant, but seen as it was winter, we didnt go in! :(

Fantastic hotel - the only option in anaheim if you are not travelling with a family! Great escape from the hussle and bussle of disneyland!

• Liked — Decor of rooms, lobby bar, location, how well the staff are engaged with customers
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank carmen88
Carmen88,

Thank you for your great compliments... I will make sure to pass on your comments to both Andrew and Frank and I hope you had a great time in Anaheim... and of course Vegas for NYE!!!! Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again soon! Take care of yourself in Perth!

La Loche
Reviewed 10 January 2009

Our group booked two rooms. We had adults, teenagers and two younger children. Everyone enjoyed their stay. The rooms were great. Comfy beds and a large flat screen tv. Our only concern was that we took our laptop but could only use it in the lobby. The cleaning staff were very friendly and didn't come into our rooms if we put the "do not disturb" signs on.
The lobby staff were great also. Very friendly and very helpful. They helped organize a trip to Medieval times, a tour of L A and our taxi back to LAX. Thanks!!!
The restaurant had really good food with big portions. When we were there they gave us our own heater because it was chilly. They treated us very well.
We used the pool and hot tub everyday which was a nice way to end the evenings.
Sometimes we walked to Disney and back because it was shorter than waiting for the bus. The bus stopped right outside of the hotel. It was nice to have the option because we were so close to the parks. There is a convenience store and Taco Bell right across the street too.
Overall, we would definitely recommend this hotel to others because we felt comfortable and welcome there and they had pretty much everything we needed to make our stay a good one.

• Liked — The staff were very friendly.
  • Disliked — coffee in rooms wasn't great.
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Martha M
Marthamorin,

Thank you very much for your kind words and compliments!!! Yes we did have some issues with our internet throughout the hotel and for a short time only worked "right" in the lobby, luckily everything is working correctly and is fixed. I will make sure that I pass on your accolades to our team! We work hard to ensure value and service is the top priority and love hearing good things... Thank you again and we hope to see you soon at Hotel Menage...

Fresno
Reviewed 8 January 2009

The staff at this hotel went above and beyond when it came to customer service, including management. The grounds are very pretty, and the hotel is very clean.

• Liked — Customer Service
  • Disliked — Bathroom Size
  • Stayed December 2008
ClovisDonna,

Thank you for your comments! We appreciate all feedback and do enjoy hearing your positive thoughts as well!!! We look forward to seeing back soon!!!!

Hotel Menage!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 2 January 2009

Menage was a mixed bag.

we loved:

- Location (just 15 minutes walk from Disneyland)
- Lobby (very trendy and cool)
- Service (I felt that staff did their best)
- Parts of room (HDTV 42" LCD, Bed, furniture)
- Actual HD signal on the HD TV, very nice~!
- pool looked nice but it was too cold to use because of weather

Lukewarm on:
- setup of hotel (motel style outdoor hallways leading to rooms)
- Parts of room (heater was a unit in the room, very loud motel heater)

didn't like:

- noise (hotel is in between 3 large roads)
- bathroom door and wall was obviously very old and not well cleaned up. Seems like an old motel with a new coat of paint along with chips on bottom of door
- room cleaning staff

we returned to the room at 1pm for a nap, the room had already been cleaned but housekeeping knocked and entered the room even though we were yelling "we're in here, we're still here". Suspicious that they would enter our room again.....

All in all it was an average stay. I noticed that all the non disneyland hotels in the area had the whole "outdoor" hallway setup. location couldn't be beat cause it was so close to disneyland.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelAddictCouple
MenageHotelAnaheim, Owner at Hotel Menage, responded to this review, 2 January 2009
TravelAddictCouple,

Thank you for writing your review on trip advisor. I'm sorry that you felt we did not meet all of your expectations. The team here prides itself on service, so I'm curious as to what you meant with "did their best"... They are always focused on customer service so more detail would be beneficial so we can correct the situation. As far as the AC units are concerned, we do not have central AC/Heat, however the units never really give us any issues, I will have our Engineering department look into your specific room. In addition, or houskeeping supervisors do come back to inspect the room and that is probably what occure, however, they should be able to hear someone in the room and I will follow up with the houskeeping team. We do hope that you will give us another opportunity and visit Hotel Menage soon...