“Excellent hotel stay with my children”
Review of Hotel Menage

Hotel Menage
Ranked #61 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Ventura, Ca.
“Excellent hotel stay with my children”
Reviewed 12 November 2009

I had made reservations at this hotel because it was one of a few listed on the eco-friendly websites. After reading reviews on various sites I was at the least hesitant and wanted to switch to another hotel it was too late to cancel w/o losing my first nights lodging. Now I am glad I didn't cancel. From the minute we drove up until we left we were impressed with this hotel and the staff. I did like the fact they have a no smoking policy in the rooms. You have to sign a form stating that if you smoke in the room you will pay a $200 fine, I wish more hotels did this. I hate when I go into a room and it smells of cigarette smoke. One of the things the hotel could work on is having the ice machines where we could find them (never did find one).
The hotel's location is not right next to Disneyland. It is the first hotel on the other side of the 5 freeway. I would estimate about 2 1/2 blocks away from Disneyland.. When we checked in we requested a refrigerator and microwave. We did have to call down after an hour as a reminder. While we were out the refrigerator was set up and turned on and ready for us to use.
They have a plasma tv in each room. The soaps they offer are of good quality most hotel soaps I have used make my skin feel so dry after I have used them The beds and pillows were the most comfortable I have experienced in any hotel. The sheets were very soft and pillows were comfy and they provided 6 pillows per bed. I am a cleanliness freak, especially after seeing all those shows on what is lurking on your hotel sheets and blankets, I bring my own. They were very accommodating and made the beds with them on there, instead of leaving them unmade .
During our stay fortunately, I didn't see roaches or any other kind of bugs in the room or anywhere on the property (as previously reported in other reviews). They could do some painting especially in the bathroom (paint is peeling in some areas) and the outside color of the hotel is not very attractive but these are about the only problems we could find with this hotel. The pool and jacuzzi were clean. I went at night after a day at Disneyland with my 10 year old on Friday October. 30th. We didn't see any drunk people (this we have encountered at other hotels) or loud boisterous parties. They did have a adult Halloween party with a live band going on at the time (both indoors and by the pool area) but no problems from them. Our room was on the fourth floor and over looking the pool. We stepped out our door for a better look at the fireworks from Disneyland at night.
I bring an air cleaner for my little girl (she has breathing problems), we had that going all night on medium speed and didn't hear any freeway noise. Traffic noise was a concern because I am a light sleeper. Upon arriving I told them it was a concern because of all the reviews I had read about the traffic noise. They told me there were rooms with less noise, but because they are surrounded by the freeway there weren't any rooms completely quiet.. Honestly, with the air cleaner on we didn't hear the traffic at all. I was also concerned if we would hear a lot of noise from the people in the pool because it was open 24 hours a day, we didn't hear a thing.
The staff was very friendly and respectful. We did have to pay $10 per night for parking which I did not like, but it's hard to find a hotel that doesn't charge for parking near Disneyland anymore. At least they had security and a guard rail that needs a key card to get into the parking lot. They also had gates at entrances to the hotel rooms that neede the key card. Most hotels in the area do not have all the security this hotel offered. We had a most enjoyable stay at this hotel and will return again. We did not get any discount or compensation for writing this review and we are not affiliated with this or any other hotel. We have stayed at different hotels at least twice a year for the past 10 years when we go to Disneyland and are always looking for a good deal, but also a safe and clean environment for myself and my two daughters (one is 10 years old the other 23) this hotel fit all the requirements. Believe me my children will tell you, I am a very picky person and I would complain if there were any problems, but this stay was enjoyable and best of all it is an environmentally friendly hotel. What more could you ask for.

• Stayed October 2009
hotelmenageAnaheim, Owner at Hotel Menage, responded to this review, 12 November 2009
We are very grateful that you did not cancel your reservation, and thank you for your detailed review. We appreciate you taking the time to detail your experience about our hotel. I would agree with everything that you mentioned, especially our staff. The team is dedicated to ensuring each and every guest receive the high quality service that you did... Our 42" plasma's, 24 hour pool, complimentary fitness center, and complimentary wireless all add value to everyone's stay... We do like having clean minded guests as yourself as it continually gives us the opportunity to improve with any issues, and again, I'm very glad we passed your test. As far as the noise is concerned, you are absolutely correct when you mention that the freeway noise does get drained out with the AC or your own fan on, but once the door is closed it the noise does go away. Again, thank you for your time and your business, we look forward to seeing you back again soon...

Hotel Menage...

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (476)
Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 11 November 2009

The room was large and the beds comfortable. Disneyland is within walking distance, although it is a little bit of a trek. There are shuttle services available but for the price we didn't mind walking. There is a nice restaurant that serves tapas size meals from around the world. The only fault I had with the hotel was poor water pressure in the bathroom.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
I'm glad you had a great experience at Hotel Menage! Thank you for your review and your business... We checked on the water pressure and I don't know what was occurring during your stay, however everything does seem to be working correctly. We look forward to seeing you again soon...

CA
Reviewed 9 November 2009

Traveled here in both April and August to go to Disneyland. Great pool, comfortable rooms (even the fold-out sofa was decent), perfect location (10 minute walk to Disney). Never got a chance to try the hotel bar but it looked very swanky. Great place to stay for Disney - walked back and took a nap on 2 days. Can even see the fireworks at night!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
hotelmenageAnaheim, Owner at Hotel Menage, responded to this review, 10 November 2009
Your comments are right on... Thank you for your words and keep spreading the word about Hotel Menage. Thank you for your continued repeat business and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Edmonton, Alberta
Reviewed 8 November 2009

I booked this hotel even after reading negative reviews about it. And I'm glad I did. Its hard to please me...and these folks did just fine.

THE BEDS( And Rooms)- very firm. clean. comfy pillows. Smaller than we are used to. Its seems as though a queen is a double where I come from. Just to be safe, request a king room woth a pull out bed. The bed frames are pretty fancy and look really pretty. But watch out for your shins and toes, my husband was rolling around on the ground spitting out profanities a few times during our stay. The rooms we stayed in were large.

THE TV- great selection of channels. 42 inch plasma... Who can complain?

THE POOL AND HOT TUB- a little chilly... but whenever we got in, the polite maintanence man would come around and crank the heat for us. Also you can see the disneyland fireworks from the pool at night.....AMAZING!!

THE RESTUARANT- K'ya. great... value priced. delicious. Build Your Own Burger was so much fun (B.Y.O.B). Kids eat breakfast for free!!

LOCATION TO DISNAYLAND- 15 minute walk. It's hard on the feet if your chubby like me. Our group prefered the ART shuttle. $4/person a day. You have to be patient, one day we waited for fourty minutes for our shuttle. BUT...thats not the hotels fault, its the shuttle's fault. Did I mention you can see the fireworks at night!!! So nice to not have to fight the crowds.

STAFF- the staff at the front desk was very accomidating and the bellhops were AWSOME. The entire staff was so helpful. From restaurant suggestions to taxi's and even bandaids.

FREEWAY NOISE- Yes it is noisy...when your room door is open. With the door closed its not that bad. In the pool area theres a wall that seems to muffle out the noise. if I had one bad thing to say it would be about the traffic noise, but I was still able to sleep at night.

PRICING- if you are a person expecting a grand hotel experience...you are mistaken. this is a great place to stay....but it is a refurbished Motel. I think the fair pricing reflects that. our king room was $ 97 USD per night. I heard a few guests say that they got even better rates, so watch for deals. Or ask for a deal!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank Bilboshmoe
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed report. We appreciate your tag line and agree, don't believe everything you read. We do have our challenges, and the noise from the freeway is there, however as you mentioned with the door close it's really quite nice. We took a lot of care to ensure that the needs of our customers were met, a good sleep, a good tv, a good pool, a good restaurant, value for price paid, and most importantly great service. Thank you for all your words and keep spreading the word. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

los angeles
Reviewed 1 November 2009

First, this is not a hotel. It is a motel with a lot of street noise. They advertise that they offer complimentary wifi internet. The internet did not work in the room we were assigned. We could only pick up the connection for the sales office. No ever offer to move our room or tried to get the problem solved outside of reseting the router once. When I told them I wanted make other arrangements the told me that they would "take Care" of me.
When I left the hotel the follow day I was told that I needed to email hotels.com and they would authorize the refund. Since I could not email them from the Menage I waited till I got to the next location and took care of it. The Menage charged me for the hotel room and for $10 a night for parking for the nights that I did not stay and then refused the refund when hotels.com (whom I paid directly) contacted them. Neither the Menage or Hotels.com has made good on the refund. I was offered an lousy $30 coupon for my next booking. I should be prepared to wait up to two months for the coupon to be sent to my home. I am a significant amount of money for trusting them. I hope you can learn from my loss unless you have hundreds of dollars to throw away and love the feeling of being ripped off.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank kcullie
I'm very sorry about your experience. I don't know exactly what happened with the internet service in your room, but we have double checked and all systems look in order. I know that some computers have issues connecting and could be a hardware issue. As far as your refund is concerned, the booking channel that you booked your room through has to refund your money and unfortunately we cannot approve the refund for your room and tax. Lastly, as far as parking is concerned, as with all full service hotels in the Anaheim area we offer both valet and self parking at the lowest fee in town. We do hope you'll give us an opportunity to fix the issues...

Hotel Menage.
california
Reviewed 1 November 2009

This hotel has a lot going for it - location, price, flatscreen tvs, and nightly views of the Disneyland resort fireworks. We'll be back!

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank itstimet0g0
hotelmenageAnaheim, Owner at Hotel Menage, responded to this review, 8 November 2009
We agree that we have all the amenities for the price paid and look forward to seeing you again soon... Thank you for your business...

Hotel Menage.
CALIFORNIA
Reviewed 30 October 2009

The Hotel Menage is not what it seems, first of all the pictures on their website are not at all what you get when you actually arrive. It reallly is just a souped up Motel 6. What really bothered me about the hotel was their staff, in particular Tiffany. I have never been made to feel so insignificant in my life. We had a miscommunication with another employee and when asked to speak to a manager we got Tiffany. I literally was shaking with anger after our encounter, would have defianltey left if not for the small children and baby along with us. Bathrooms are nasty, found someones flip flop under our bed. The only cool thing is the plasma tvs. The two days we were there we only saw the shuttle once that goes to Disneyland, by the way, its a good 15-20 minute walk to Disneyland if you dont take the shuttle or drive, plus its over the 5 freeway.Tiffany acted like we were a dime a dozen and if we were unhappy, who cares, there are others who will still come to their hotel. I read the other bad reviews, and Tiffanys name came up again! In all, go down the street to Days Inn and save yourself $50, plus you will get free parking, because the Hotel Menage is really just like a Motel 6 when you actually see the rooms. If this hotel offered me a month free stay I would turn it down in a second! Customer service is a must! No one wants to be treated the way we were by Tiffany. When I asked Tiffany for the Corporate number she grinned at me and said she was the manager for the Corp office too. Nice.....

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family