“Great Location and Value”
Review of Hotel Menage

Hotel Menage
Ranked #62 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
“Great Location and Value”
Reviewed 22 November 2009

The overall feel of this property is great. You can certainly tell this property was an enhanced remodel, as through bits and pieces of the property you can see the age, however it's modern appeal worked well. Staff interaction was few and far between, when I interacted with them they were - bland. Cool Reggae music playing in the bar.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
hotelmenageAnaheim, Owner at Hotel Menage, responded to this review, 28 November 2009
Being in the Anaheim area, it's important to us to create value for price paid and we have succeeded with your visit to Hotel Menage. Thank you for your business and we hope you will visit us again soon.

Hotel Menage.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (466)
california
Reviewed 20 November 2009

I was suppose to do this a long time ago right after i left from a wonderful stay but i get very busy. When I first walked in I was instantly amazed at the layout. Very sleekish with a side order of elegance. The staff at the front desk and throughout the building were very kind and helpful. Very happy and up beat like employees at Disneyland. The on sight restaurant was incredible! The menu consist of food from all over the world. I chose maybe 6 different dishes because the price was very low but tasted as if they should have been charging double. The room was very comfortable and skeekish. Beautiful room with a big flat screen. I highly recommend you stay there if you are in anaheim for the weekend. OH YEAH! The swimming pool is 24 hours!! Las Vegas do not even have pools open 24 hours! i LOVED THIS HOTEL! The valet were fantastic too!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
Thank you for all your kind words. Our team strives to give great customer service and I'm very glad you experienced this during your stay. Our value for price paid definitely works in our restaurant. We offer items from a street fare menu from $2 to $10 per item, something for everyone... I will make sure our team here's your compliments and thank you for your business to Hotel Menage. We look forward to seeing you again soon...

Australia
Reviewed 17 November 2009

We stayed at the Menage for 3 nights. The location was great - took 7 minutes to walk to Disney. If we were to go back we would request a room on the inside overloooking the pool (the pool was fantastic). Our room was on the outside and looked like it was being renovated - the carpet didnt cover the whole floor and there was an interesting "Pipe Sculpture" on the ceiling.
The restaurant was pretty good and it had laundry facilities.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank jaqs21
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Our renovations are complete and it seems you took a Loft Style room... These rooms are different then your average hotel room. The exposed pipes and concrete floors with an area rug are the New York style lofts you find in the east coast and only our first floor is completed in this manner. The rest of the rooms are quite different. I don't know if cheap is the word for our hotel, we do like to create value and with the competition in the area we continually like to keep in line with other hotels. We hope to see you again at Hotel Menage again soon.

Chicago
Reviewed 16 November 2009

Stayed for one week. Room was excellent and clean. Valet service was just incredible, the guys used to clean my car from the inside every night! Room service was superb, I had breakfast and dinner both show up in 15 minutes. The value was great too. They have a nice pool and really awesome outside bar as well that's open late.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
hotelmenageAnaheim, Owner at Hotel Menage, responded to this review, 17 November 2009
Thank you for your kind words. I will make sure the valet team and the food and beverage team hears of your great experiences... We thank you for spending one fourth of your month at our hotel and we hope you will do it again soon... Thank you for your business and please let us serve you again soon...

Reviewed 13 November 2009

We stayed when this was still the Holiday Inn Anaheim. The pool was the big draw. It needed a little work, but was still fabulous. Just what we were looking for - secluded, palm trees, felt Californian, and the first night we got there we did not have passes for Disney Land, but watched the Fireworks from the pool - boy, did that build the excitement!! An easy trolley ride to the park. Nice flora. Will stay there again whenever we can get back. Price was reasonable.

Stayed June 2006, travelled with family
Thank you for coming back after our renovations, we have spent a lot of time and money on our property, but most of all we spent our efforts ensuring that our team continually treats our customers the best in the area... Thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you back again soon...

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 November 2009

I took my husband here near the end of May for his birthday. We are from Wisconsin and had never stayed in Anaheim before, but wanted to be close to Disney. Check in was great, the nice woman at the front desk asked us about our trip and why we were visiting, and upgraded us to a beautiful room because it was a special occasion. Our room was beautifully upgraded, very large open concept "living room" area and bedroom with a large screen tv and huge bathroom. We really were surprised how nice it turned out to be, since you would never guess from the outside. Only drawback we had was that since you are very close to Disney, the fireworks each night are loud. However, this would be the same at any hotel that close to Disney. We did notice a little bit of traffic noise as well. We got the chance to eat breakfast in the restaurant there, and it was very nice. The staff is helpful and can set you up with tickets to Disney and will help you arrange your transportation. One of the shuttles to Disney stops right in front of the hotel throughout the day which was nice to have too. If you have a rental car, the valet / parking is a little pricey. Overall we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review and most importantly thank you for your business... We know you have a lot of choices in the area when visiting from Wisconsin, and your choice to stay with us is much appreciated. The fireworks are loud, but as you mentioned the view is quite spectacular from our pool deck. I will make sure that our front office staff knows of your great experience and they will be pleased to hear of your encounters...

Thank you again for your great review,

Ventura, Ca.
Reviewed 12 November 2009

I had made reservations at this hotel because it was one of a few listed on the eco-friendly websites. After reading reviews on various sites I was at the least hesitant and wanted to switch to another hotel it was too late to cancel w/o losing my first nights lodging. Now I am glad I didn't cancel. From the minute we drove up until we left we were impressed with this hotel and the staff. I did like the fact they have a no smoking policy in the rooms. You have to sign a form stating that if you smoke in the room you will pay a $200 fine, I wish more hotels did this. I hate when I go into a room and it smells of cigarette smoke. One of the things the hotel could work on is having the ice machines where we could find them (never did find one).
The hotel's location is not right next to Disneyland. It is the first hotel on the other side of the 5 freeway. I would estimate about 2 1/2 blocks away from Disneyland.. When we checked in we requested a refrigerator and microwave. We did have to call down after an hour as a reminder. While we were out the refrigerator was set up and turned on and ready for us to use.
They have a plasma tv in each room. The soaps they offer are of good quality most hotel soaps I have used make my skin feel so dry after I have used them The beds and pillows were the most comfortable I have experienced in any hotel. The sheets were very soft and pillows were comfy and they provided 6 pillows per bed. I am a cleanliness freak, especially after seeing all those shows on what is lurking on your hotel sheets and blankets, I bring my own. They were very accommodating and made the beds with them on there, instead of leaving them unmade .
During our stay fortunately, I didn't see roaches or any other kind of bugs in the room or anywhere on the property (as previously reported in other reviews). They could do some painting especially in the bathroom (paint is peeling in some areas) and the outside color of the hotel is not very attractive but these are about the only problems we could find with this hotel. The pool and jacuzzi were clean. I went at night after a day at Disneyland with my 10 year old on Friday October. 30th. We didn't see any drunk people (this we have encountered at other hotels) or loud boisterous parties. They did have a adult Halloween party with a live band going on at the time (both indoors and by the pool area) but no problems from them. Our room was on the fourth floor and over looking the pool. We stepped out our door for a better look at the fireworks from Disneyland at night.
I bring an air cleaner for my little girl (she has breathing problems), we had that going all night on medium speed and didn't hear any freeway noise. Traffic noise was a concern because I am a light sleeper. Upon arriving I told them it was a concern because of all the reviews I had read about the traffic noise. They told me there were rooms with less noise, but because they are surrounded by the freeway there weren't any rooms completely quiet.. Honestly, with the air cleaner on we didn't hear the traffic at all. I was also concerned if we would hear a lot of noise from the people in the pool because it was open 24 hours a day, we didn't hear a thing.
The staff was very friendly and respectful. We did have to pay $10 per night for parking which I did not like, but it's hard to find a hotel that doesn't charge for parking near Disneyland anymore. At least they had security and a guard rail that needs a key card to get into the parking lot. They also had gates at entrances to the hotel rooms that neede the key card. Most hotels in the area do not have all the security this hotel offered. We had a most enjoyable stay at this hotel and will return again. We did not get any discount or compensation for writing this review and we are not affiliated with this or any other hotel. We have stayed at different hotels at least twice a year for the past 10 years when we go to Disneyland and are always looking for a good deal, but also a safe and clean environment for myself and my two daughters (one is 10 years old the other 23) this hotel fit all the requirements. Believe me my children will tell you, I am a very picky person and I would complain if there were any problems, but this stay was enjoyable and best of all it is an environmentally friendly hotel. What more could you ask for.

• Stayed October 2009
hotelmenageAnaheim, Owner at Hotel Menage, responded to this review, 12 November 2009
We are very grateful that you did not cancel your reservation, and thank you for your detailed review. We appreciate you taking the time to detail your experience about our hotel. I would agree with everything that you mentioned, especially our staff. The team is dedicated to ensuring each and every guest receive the high quality service that you did... Our 42" plasma's, 24 hour pool, complimentary fitness center, and complimentary wireless all add value to everyone's stay... We do like having clean minded guests as yourself as it continually gives us the opportunity to improve with any issues, and again, I'm very glad we passed your test. As far as the noise is concerned, you are absolutely correct when you mention that the freeway noise does get drained out with the AC or your own fan on, but once the door is closed it the noise does go away. Again, thank you for your time and your business, we look forward to seeing you back again soon...

Hotel Menage...