“Birthday Getaway...with a few bumps along the road...”
Review of Hotel Menage

Hotel Menage
Ranked #63 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 11 December 2009

We decided to stay at Hotel Menage due to its convenient location (only being .5 miles from Disneyland) and its good reviews. We decided to book a King Suite because my friend and I felt that the standard rooms looked a little small on the website. We stayed the night of my birthday, which was a monday, and checked in a little after 6 PM. We decided to leave out luggage before checking out our room, so we headed up after getting our key. The room was such a dissapointment! It looked nothing like the suite on the website, and was small, with no fridge or microwave; certainly not what we expected for paying an extra fee to upgrade. My friend went downstairs and asked the receptionist why our room seemed so small compared to the picture on the website, and after looking into it, they discovered they had placed us in the wrong room. We were moved to the next room over, which was actually a suite, and we were much happier! Two flat screen tvs, a huge walk in shower, a large leather couch with a sitting area, and tile floors, bathrobes and slippers welcomed us. We went down to get our luggage, and when we brought it back up (in 34 degree weather, i might add) we discovered that our hotel room key didn't work! we went downstairs, they reswiped it, and told us to try again. When we tried it for the second time, it still didn't work. i waited out on the freezing deck while my friend went down yet again to tell the front desk. They sent out the maintenance man, and he couldn't get his key to work either. We stood outside in the cold for about 10 minutes until the maintenance man opened another room for us to wait in while he finished working on the door. Eventually, he realized that he would have to completely unscrew the lock box on the door and replace it. He let us back into our room 5 minutes later, but he continued to work on the inside and outside of the door while we sat on our bed watching tv (which was a slightly awkward experience.) The manager was so gracious, however, apologizing for the inconvenience, and offered to not only comp our stay there but to provide us with a free dinner or breakfast in the restaurant downstairs. If not for the manager, we may have remained extremely irritated, but we realized it was out of his control, and that things like this just happen. Overall, it was a pleasant stay, as the hotel is clean, comfortable, and with amenities like high speed internet and large HD tvs, there is little to complain about. And althought the hotel was right next to the freeway, we really didn't hear much traffic or noise.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
hotelmenageAnaheim, Owner at Hotel Menage, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2009

First and foremost I'm sorry that they checked you into the wrong room and then the key not working. Obviously these bumps shouldn't happen during anyone's hotel visit. Thank you for understanding. We look forward to seeing you back at Hotel Menage...

Hotel Menage.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,073)

Reviewed 8 December 2009

Our stay was excellent from the time we arrived to the time we checked out. Our rooms were very clean and had a cool modern feel to them. The front desk was very courteous and knowledgeable. Loved the holiday decorations and music., very festive. Great 24 hour pool/spa. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank findmewarmweather

Thank you. Your review is very much appreciated and we always look forward to the Holiday Season as we can decorate and play some very festive things throughout the hotel... We look forward to serving you again soon...

Reviewed 7 December 2009

Hotel Menage has a friendly comfortable atmosphere fron the valet to check out. The resort style hotel with a very spacious pool and spa area with the poolside Palapa Bar, Its and great place to relax and have a drink or watch the nightly fireworks from disneyland. The 24 hr pool area is nicely furnished and comfortable with music playing all day throughout the property. Almost forgot to mention the food....a unique street fare menu has sometime for everybody and the food is fantastic
Hotel manager Tiffany and her staff are doing a great job and couldn't be more friendly and helpful. I would and do highly recommend this hot spot and i always look forward to my return

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends

I'm very glad your experience at Hotel Menage exceeded your expectations. We take pride in our service and I will make sure Tiffany hears your comments. Our k'ya street fare concept is exactly what you stated, something for everyone at a very reasonable price. Lastly our 24hour pool area is a hit with families and couples alike. Thank you for you business and we look forward to seeing you again...

Reviewed 4 December 2009

clean room, nice swimming pool and jacuzzi! we stayed 2 nights in September 2009. there was a big screen TV set in the room. we enjoyed the Disneyland firework. the restaurant on the 1st floor was having special dinner something called street food festival. there were Mexican, Italian, Japanese, Thai, Korean dishes and more. we enjoyed a lot!!! only 15mins. distance from Disneyland! we difinitely will stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. Our 42 inch plasma's truly are a hit and our k'ya street fare restaurant is actually a new concept that we launched 4 months ago. Thank you for your business and especially for taking time out to write a review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 4 December 2009

I really fell in love with this hotel. The lobby service, the bar and outdoor pool/spa really set the scene of the hotel. The rooms were great, very clean and fully modern. The bathroom layout was great for a couple and the room was a decent size.

They provided free wireless internt and a huge HD TV within plenty of chanels.

Great location for disneyland, a five minute walk. Plus you can see the fireworks every night from the hotel blacony which is quite nice. The front desk organised a shuttle for us to Knotts Berry farm which was about a 10 minute drive.

Highly recommended, especially for 20-something couples wanting to have a romantic visit to Disneyland.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments. We have something for everyone and I'm very glad you, as a couple enjoyed our hotel. Our team works hard to ensure every guest experience is top notch, and your experience makes the time we took to train the team that much better. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 30 November 2009

just got back from a two night stay to celebrate my girlfriends birthday & visit Disney & were very impressed with the Hotel Menage.
from the complimentary bottle of Champagne left in the room when we arrove to the guy making sandwiches at midnight everything was perfect & everyone went out of their way to make sure we were being helped or needed anything.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
hotelmenageAnaheim, Owner at Hotel Menage, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2009

Thank you for writing a review about Hotel Menage. We appreciate the feedback and we're glad you enjoyed your visit to the area and wish your girlfriend a happy birthday! Thank you for your comments about the team, I will make sure they hear your kind words. Lastly but most importantly thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again soon...

Reviewed 24 November 2009

I was meeting up with family for a LA/Disneyland wkd and felt that Hotel Menage met my price point. It was only a 15 minute walk to get to the park. I liked the contemporary feel and spaciousness of my room. The bed was great and the large LG TV was a plus. Would have been nice to have a room safe and a mini fridge. I was surprised and disappointed by the $10/day parking fee, but it sounds like this is the norm for Disneyland properties.

There is freeway noise and the pool music does not stop until after the fireworks. I didn't have a problem with either of those.

But my room was directly above the lobby. My first two nights (Wed and Thurs) were fine but on Friday there was a piano player in the bar/lobby and I could hear him in my room. I had to turn on the room fan to drown him out. Saturday was worse, piano man was still at it but also a nightclub/wedding was pumping out the tunes well past 2 AM. I again tried the fan to drown everyone out but there were people smoking in the bar area and the fan was sucking that smoke until my room. Since you can be charged for smoking in your room, I was nervous that this secondhand smoke could get me in trouble. So off went the fan and it was back to the noise.

The hotel seems to be marketing to a young adult crowd. So depending on your room you could potentially be in for some loud nights. If your a 20-something you'll love the hotel. If you have a young family or like a restful night's sleep make sure to check that you're in a quieter part of the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
hotelmenageAnaheim, Owner at Hotel Menage, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2009

I'm sorry to hear of your experience during your visit. Our piano player does play every Friday and Saturday night in the lobby, however this is the first time I've heard of the sound going to the rooms. I will have our engineers look into the insulation above the lobby level. We like to cater to all generations as we like to create a good comfortable environment for all ages so again, I'm sorry you felt like you did... I do hope you'll give us another opportunity to serve you in the near future.