“Don't judge a book by it's cover”
Review of Hotel Menage

Hotel Menage
Ranked #60 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
victoria
“Don't judge a book by it's cover”
Reviewed 28 February 2010

This Hotel is not what you expect. Its outer looks old and not as modern as others, but once you step through the door you will be surprised. Fantastic service, casual atmosphere souded by great music and great food.
The rooms are also one that you may think, oh no, but once you walk through what feels like a lower class hotel, you open your door to a modern room with all that is needed, comfortable beds and plasma tv's. The pool area is fantastic, usable pool all year round as it and the spa/jacuzi are heated to the perfect temperature for a dip in winter/fall.
This hotel is a must stay.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
hotelmenageAnaheim, Owner at Hotel Menage, responded to this review, 10 March 2010
Thank you for your kind words and review. When we renovated the hotel it was hard to really do anything with the exterior of the hotel, however as you experienced we work diligently with the interior of the hotel rooms, lobby and restaurant. The focus for us at the end was our continual focus on excellent customer service. I'm very glad to hear you experienced this as well. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again soon at Hotel Menage.

Hotel Menage.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (469)
Reviewed 20 February 2010

I had booked my reservation online and upgraded to the "Romance Package" to surprise my boyfriend for Valentine's week. When I checked in the associates up front seemed more interested in talking about clothes and what bars they would visit after work than checking us in. I also had not recieved the romance package. When I called to ask about my reservation the agent said that I had not upgraded. I told them I had checked it on the website and that I had confirmation on it. Long story short I had to ruin the surprise to my boyfriend to get the problem sorted out. I returned to the front office and showed them the confirmation email I had recieved. They did appologize and offered a voucher for the package I did not recieve. In the end, I still paid for the package due to their mistake. I'm not happy with the service I recieved and will tell others to make sure to bring their confirmation emails and be ready to pay extra for their mistakes.

• Stayed February 2010
2 Thank JollyRodgerette
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Hotel Menage. I am deeply sorry about the experience you had upon check in. This is not indicative of experiences from our customers nor is it the way our front desk team should react to incorrect confirmations. Trust me we will address this immediately with our team. I do hope you'll give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Bakersfield, California
Reviewed 11 February 2010

The room was nice and clean and the staff was very friendly. There was some freeway noise but I knew this already having read other reviews so no big surprise. The Deli had excellent sandwiches. My only real complaint was that the phone was not working for incoming calls. I could call out but could not get incoming calls. I however did not know this until my cell phone died and I had to call my wife from the room phone and told her to call me right back on the room phone. She called the front desk and had them put her call through (she asked the front desk if there was a way for her to call the room direct and they were not sure and said they didn't think so.) It rang and rang on her end but never rang in my room. She tried it four times before giving up. I just assumed she had fallen asleep and not called. However, the next day I called my wife again and she told me she had called. I told her to call me back, which she did and it never came through on my end. Since my cell was still not working (whole nother story, bad charger port) I had no choice but to communicate with my wife (we have 4 kids so it's required to be able to stay in touch) via calling her from the room phone. Had she been able to call me from her cell to the room it would have been a free call. It was very frustrating for her having no way to contact me. After my business meetings when I got back to the room I called the front desk to tell them my phone was not allowing incoming calls. They sent someone right away to check it out. Turns out the lines were crossed, line one and line two. Had they known this they could have put my wifes calls through. I then had to call her once again to tell her to call the front desk and tell them to put her thgough on line two. What a hassle and I wonder how many calls people have missed due to this issue.
When I checked out, my phone bill was almost $30 (which I paid for, I do not charge personal calls to my business acct) I told them it wasn't fair that I had to pay all these charges due to their crossed wires. They didn't offer any reasonable solution but simply said sorry, they'd let maintenance know. Well, that's great for the next guest but why should I be punished for their issue. It's the little things like that I consider when deciding where to book all my future business meetings and recommending or not recommending a hotel to other business associates/clients. I am not sure I will be recommending this place to others and if I do, I will tell them to make sure their phone works. This caused unnecessary expense on my part and an upset wife when she called my room and couldn't reach me. Can you imagine how frustrated she was when I told her to call me right back on the room phone only to get no answer from me and have no way to contact me.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank handgunner
hotelmenageAnaheim, Owner at Hotel Menage, responded to this review, 15 February 2010
Thank you for taking time to write this review. I'm extremely sorry that this occurred and apologize for the inconvenience. The front desk should have just taken the phone charges off the bill. There are many things that should have occurred during your troubles, and we failed to meet your expectations. Again I apologize for the situation and wish the team would have handled it better. At times we cannot control technology, however we can control how our team handles the resolution. I do hope you'll give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Gilbert, AZ
Reviewed 9 February 2010

Where to begin? From check-in to check-out my stay was flawless. Great front desk staff, awesome room and perfect amenities. K'ya was AMAZING!!!! The service staff was outstanding. Food was worth every penny! Ate food from there on three separate occasions. I wish I could have tried everything on the menu! On my last day in the hotel I had a delightful convesation at the lobby bar with Frank and Anthony. They made a great team and really made me feel welcomed. The K'ya manager was so sweet and active. I can really see why the servers had great attitudes. My colleagues can not agree more! We will be back very soon! I can't wait to bring my family to enjoy this hotel. The Hilton has nothing on this hotel.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
Thank you, thank you, thank you... We work hard to ensure each customer has an experience like yours... Your time and energy writing and recognizing the specific team members are greatly appreciated. I will make sure they hear your wonderful words of encouragement. This is what keeps them going... Most importantly thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again soon...

edmonton,Alberta,Canada
Reviewed 8 February 2010

A few of my Freinds and colleagues and I visited Anaheim in 2008 for some training. We never heard of this Hotel before and I being the avid traveller was responsible for booking our entire trip. Lucky me. I booked this Hotel and the rest of our travel through Expedia and when we got to the Hotel, we were amazed at the look of this hotel at night. It was amazing. We thought for sure that the rooms would be horrible if the rest of the hotel looks this good. Wrong again. The rooms were recently redone and the beds were so comfortable. We each had our own room and all 3 of us had the King suites. All our rooms had small fridges for our own beverages and such. The exersise room was not bad for a small space. At the end of the week that we stayed, none of us wanted to leave. The staff was great, the food in the kya was great, and for 3 - 30 something year old guys, having a drink and watching the disneyland fireworks from the bar by the pool at 10pm everynight is still pretty cool. Yes the freeway is noisey during the day and early evening, but if you close your room door, you dont hear anything.

As a matter of fact, i liked this hotel and its service so much, im taking my wife and kids, plus my inlaws to anaheim, and we will be staying at this hotel again from march 23 - 30, 2010. I just hope that it will live up to its reputation once again.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. When you look good we look good and we appreciate your business. Thanks for your wonderful words and you are correct, once the door is closed in the room, the noise from the roads do go away. We look forward to seeing you in March and exceeding your expectations once again...

Roseville, California
Reviewed 6 February 2010

I have stayed at Hotel Ménage twice now and each stay was wonderful. It is a comfortable boutique hotel with all the amenities. What is truly exceptional about this hotel are its Staff and its Restaurant. We have received extraordinary service from Ashley, Sylvia & Tiffany. There isn’t a challenge that they can’t handle or a question they can’t answer. The Restaurant’s service is also amazing and the food excellent, not to mention the uniqueness of the Street Faire format.

Anyway, we love the place and look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comments! We hope that we are not a best kept secret as we would love the world to stay with us... I know that Silvia, Tiffany, and Ashely will be greatly appreciative of the comments as well as the restaurant staff. We strive to ensure each guest experience is exceeded and we are proud to have the team that we do. Thank you for your repeat business and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

los angeles
Reviewed 4 February 2010

From the moment we came in you could tell that this place cared about their guests. The front desk manager, Tiffany was AMAZING!!! The valet staff was AWESOME! The rooms, as with the rest of the hotel, had special touches! The rooms were updated & clean. The view of the fire works fro Disney was SPECTACULAR (thank you Tiffany!). I had such a great experience, that I will be back many, many times-including this weekend! Pet Friendly and they mean it, they even have a little grass area for your dog:) (without an obscene deposit, like most places!) K'ya -the restaurant-AWESOME! Free wireless!!!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
hotelmenageAnaheim, Owner at Hotel Menage, responded to this review, 5 February 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I know that Tiffany will be ecstatic to read your words. We want to continue to create experiences like yours and continually create value while exceeding our customers expectations at Hotel Menage. We look forward to many more visits from you and your family. Thank you again for your time and mostly thank you for your business.