“Great service but noisy”
Review of Hotel Menage

Hotel Menage
Ranked #62 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 28 March 2010

This hotel is close to Disneyland and on the shuttle route. The staff was friendly. We asked for a quiet room and they told us this was the quiet side of the hotel - facing the pool and the freeway. It was really loud and then the pool music plays from 10 am to 10 pm so very difficult to get any rest for us. If you are looking for more of a party hotel, this would work for you. The sheets were frayed and the bath tile and grout was spray painted over in places - mildew is my guess. The restaurant food was decent and again good service but it had a night club feel to it so breakfast was a little odd. I have stayed in three star hotels (and motels) that were cleaner and better kept so I guess I'm feeling a bit betrayed by the rating system.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rmsvcplz
hotelmenageAnaheim, Owner at Hotel Menage, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am hopeful that you'll give us another opportunity to serve you soon. We strive to make our environment conducive to all demographics including families, so I'm sorry your experience didn't pan out.

Hotel Menage

Write a ReviewReviews (2,073)

Reviewed 27 March 2010

We just returned from staying at the Menage in Anaheim.
Pros:
1.Close to Disneyland - 10/15 minute walk - although you walk beside a busy street and uphill. You can take a shuttle for $4 a day adult and it runs every 20 minutes. (Most people take this shuttle.)
2. Food Food Food ! The restaurant K'ya is in the lobby along with a bar along with a deli along with a pool side bar! There is no shortage of places to relax and eat or drink! The food is AWESOME! and very reasonable - most items below $10. My favorite was the stuffed french toast! Kids eat free in the am!
3. FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL STAFF: shout outs to - Sergio the valet, Big blonde curly Valet (sorry no name!) Dan the concierge, Wendy, Ashley, Anok and Guadolupe at K'ya! (Thanks for trying to teach me spanish!) I know there were others but I forgot names! These staff members went out of their way to be helpful! Giving me bandaides - phoning tour companies, arranging car rental, giving me extra coffee, bring my daughter rice instead of fries - so thank you!!!
4. POOL - gorgeous pool! Warm and surrounded by palms! Lovely big big big lounging chairs and beds!
5. Room - Very nice looking - clean newish rugs and funky bed linens!
6. Fireworks - you can see them (yes and hear them!) directly overhead if you are out by the pool area! Better view than Disneyland!
7. Free internet area!

Could do better but not the end of the world!
1. Washroom - was outdated - door needed to be replaced instead of repainted. Also there was a screw and some hairs on floor (233.)
2. No Mini fridge or pay movies. Again not the end of the world but it would have been nice to have had a mini fridge.
3. Rough linens - I don't know what kind of matress pad you are using but it is uncomfortable. Also the pillows are stiff and not the nicest - also you should have a nicer duvet and sheet. Our bottom sheet kept coming up and I was sleeping on the mattress pad - not the greatest experience.

Overall though I would definately recommend this hotel! Other than the few things that I mentioned this hotel is definately trying hard to please it's guests and it shows in the attention that the staff shows.

1  Thank cridge

Thank you for taking your time out to write a detailed review. I will personally address the issues' that you had during your visit. I'm glad you had a chance to experience the great service from our team. We work very hard to exceed our guests expectations and I'm very happy to hear of your experiences. Our location and value to our guests' are something we pride ourselves on and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Again thank you for your time.

Reviewed 23 March 2010

we stayed at hotel menage feb., 2010 with my husband and 3 teenagers while we visited disney. we had 2 adjoining rooms- each with 2 queen beds. there are many pros with the hotel but also cons. hope this review will be helpful to you.

pros; location is good if you are doing disney. we walked to and from disney each day- it tool 12-15 min. from the front gate to the hotel. if you have small kids- i recommend the shuttle as you are walking adjacent to a very busy street. it even scared me with my teens!
the lounge area in the lobby is quite nice to hang out. our kids sat with us one evening and watched a basketball game on the large tv's.
the menu has a large selection of very reasonable dishes. nothing on the menu is over $10- the dishes are each like appetizers. great for our family.
heated pool and pool area are lovely! wish it would have been warmer-the weather not the pool. really enjoyed hanging out drinking, eating- even in the evening we sat out under a heater.
carpet and furniture in the rooms are new. VERY large flat screen tv's in rooms.

cons;
the bathrooms were TINY. could not even sit down and close the door because there was not enough clearance! no fan in the bathrooms. sounds like not a big deal- but the black mold on the ceiling was over the top for me.
there is a lot of road noise. hotel is situated at intersection of 2 very busy, fast moving streets and Int 5. they play the music at the pool VERY loud- we figured it was to drown out the road noise.
heater/air cond. VERY old and outdated.
the exterior of the hotel is disappointing when you drive up. it is a remodeled (and unfortunately in some areas not remodeled well) drive up motel.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank kristinnoelle
hotelmenageAnaheim, Owner at Hotel Menage, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2010

Thank you for your comments. We work hard to ensure all our guests enjoy every part of their visit. I wish that you had no cons, however I assure you our engineering department will look into the the area of the bathroom you mentioned. We do hope you'll give us another opportunity.

Reviewed 22 March 2010

My husband and I booked a "Mystery Room" through Bookit.com and it turned out to be the Hotel Menage. For the rate we received, it was a nice place to stay. As mentioned in other posts the exterior is a little off putting but you can tell that they are trying to update the rooms and restaurants. They try to advertise it as an "It" boutique hotel..you will be greatly disappointed if you believe this. It is definintely no Joie De Vie or W hotel.

The staff is extremely friendly and helpful whic was nice. The hotel offers a shuttle to Disneyland that runs until 12:30am which is nice but parking at the hotel will set you back about $10.

All in all I would rate the hotel as average or just okay. It is great for families since there is a pool and a shuttle to the theme parks. I would only really recommend it if you could get at great deal. I honestly would not pay the listed rates of $120+.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ppbcup

Thank you for taking your time to write a review. Our rooms do sell for a lot more than you paid and we do have some great channels that give good discounts during off season times, however I'm sorry you felt the hotel was not up to your standards and hope you will give us another opportunity. Thank you for your comments about our team, I know they'll be glad to hear your words....

Reviewed 22 March 2010

I just returned home from a stay at Hotel Menage, and I have to say how happy I am with this Hotel and the Staff were so friendly. We stayed there March 14 and 15, and I wish we would have stayed there for our whole vacation. The rooms are super clean and modern, as is the whole Hotel. I asked for a room with a Pool view, as I knew my daughter would love that, and Ashley emailed me back right away and said it wouldnt be a problem. She was very helpfull each and every time I emailed her or phoned the Hotel. And Trevor was so nice upon checkout that it made it not so bad we had to check out at 3am to catch our flight home. The pool and hot tub are fantastic, open 24 hours and heated too, i have to say we took advantage of that because we were on our last 2 days of vacation..We had breakfast, which was very tasty and quite a good selection, and of course my daughter ate for free - cant complain about that! We were never bothered by any noise of the freeway, but we had an inside room facing the pool area and the rooms are quite insulated. The shuttle to Disney was quite convenient, we would have walked, but after 4 days of theme parks already, I was happy to take the shuttle. If you are looking for a Friendly, Clean, Upscale Hotel, you can count on Hotel Menage to meet your needs! I cant wait to go back, Im thinking of a return trip in May, and this time, Im booking all 5 nights at Hotel Menage!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write such great words for us at Hotel Menage... I know both Ashley and Trevor will be happy to hear of your kind words, and I know that they will continue to do the great job they do. Our hotel, as you mentioned, is close to Disneyland and the freeway, but once the doors are closed the rooms are quiet and as you said, comfortable... We thank you for all your comments and look forward to seeing you sooner than later.

Reviewed 20 March 2010

Spent three nights with my wife and two small children at the Hotel Menage to visit Disneyland. Found the Menage right off of I-5, just across the Harbor Blvd bridge withing easy walking distance to the park entrance. The resort shuttles stop here last before entering the park so shuttle trips are only minutes. The staff was EXCELLENT! Everyone from maintenance to desk staff were happy and knowledgable. Even the valet guys were cool, everyone knew something that helped our stay. The restaurant KYA was the best food we ate on a week long trip, never ate the same thing twice and that was three breakfasts and two dinners. Kids ate FREE for breakfast. 24 hour heated pool access allowed us to unwind after a long day of Disneyland adventuring. I WILL be back!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family

Wow, thanks for the comments... We do have something for everyone, families, singles, couples, etc... I'm glad you had a chance to experience our hotel with the entire family. Our team will be extremely happy to hear that they were all a part of making your visit with us memorable... We look forward to seeing you again soon and thank you for your business.

Reviewed 16 March 2010

A friend and I stayed at Hotel Menage for an extended weekend at Disneyland. We are both in our early 20's, and I'm SO happy we picked this hotel. We had no problems the entire time we were there. Some highlights; The pool was amazing. Neither of us wanted to hang out at disneyland to watch the fireworks and it was great to be able to watch them at the pool. The food in the resturant was great as well, I think we ate 3 or 4 meals there. Room service was very quick, and perfect for a nice breakfast while getting ready for a day at the parks. We were on the freeway side of the hotel and didn't have any problems with noise. If the door was open you could hear the freeway, but it was by no means a big deal and didn't disrupt our sleep (or awake time!). This hotel was perfect for us, minimal kids (after dealing with them all day at disneyland it was nice to see 95% adults around.) and we loved the feel of the hotel. The music in the pool area was great, but I could see it being a problem if you have small children going to be at 8. Overall this hotel was just what we needed in disneyland, and for the price you couldn't get any better. The walk to disneyland was about 10 minutes, not sure why anyone would complain about this?

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with friends

Thank you for your comments. We do want to be the hotel for everyone and families do enjoy our 24 hour pool and the fireworks from Disneyland over the pool deck area. Our restaurant, k'ya street fare, has something for everyone and I'm very glad you got to experience it on more than one occasion... We look forward to seeing you and all your friends again soon....