“The pros outweighs the cons!”

Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites
Ranked #31 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stayed in a C2 suite on the third floor. Our family consisted of four adults and three kids (7, 4, and 2). We really loved having the extra sitting room in front. When we first arrived, we were greeted in front by a parking attendant who showed us where to pull over and register. He also helped us park in the underground lot because we were afraid of the narrow spaces, but it turned out to be fine and he was really helpful and nice. At first, we had also thought the narrow parking area in front was it and were relieved there were many more spaces underground. They loaned us a cart to transport our luggage upstairs. We noticed scratches on the walls and within ten minutes, our kids' feet were a dark black underneath. We bought flip flops from the store down the street to wear for the remainder of our stay. We remained vigilant not to let the kids out things off the floors, so that was a little stressful. After the first night, I wasn't so disturbed by the dirty carpets anymore. The bathrooms were extremely shiny and clean. The shower head was even more comfortable than ours at home. The hot water was great! The beds were very comfortable....not too hard nor soft, and I am usually pretty picky. We were surprised to realize there were no closets, but the wardrobe was fine. The Wifi usually worked okay, although we couldn't stream our Roku through it and sometimes it stalled. Since the breakfast room was being renovated, we had breakfast in one of the guest rooms. The coffee could be much more rich and dense and the boiled eggs had a very peculiar texture to them and were slightly sour on two of the three mornings. I am allergic to nuts, so I could not eat the muffins, since some had walnuts and they were in the same serving area. It was nice to have a tray to carry the food upstairs. We were people walking back and forth, but it didn't disturb us. We had a great view of fireworks from our room. The air conditioner worked great. The garbage cans were a little strange.....no bags! We called and asked for bags, and they brought two instead of the requested four. Ad they were huge bags! The walk was literally five minutes away from the park entrance, like everyone says. We will want to stay here again next time of sure. We had originally planned to stay at Park Vue next door because it looked fresh and clean and has the hot breakfast, but this hotel has the suites. Our friends recommended it and we will too, as long as you are willing to be a little flexible and not too picky. :-). The location makes it all worth it!

2  Thank Rwlplee
Carlos P, Manager at Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Hello Rwlplee,

On behalf of our entire staff, we would like to apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay with us. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations.

Carlos Padilla

Write a ReviewReviews (2,279)

Reviewed 24 August 2014

The hotel is clean, the workers are really nice, beds were more firm than we are used to but nonetheless we got a good nights sleep! We will be staying here again in the future. It was very kid friendly which was a perk for traveling with 3 toddlers!

• Stayed: August 2014

Hello JoanieRamsey,

Thank you for your great feedback, it was our pleasure to be of service and we look forward to your future visits.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

We have stayed with Desert Inn in the past and have enjoyed our stay.. You really can't beat the price/location. But this time we had to deal with the constant sound of construction right outside our door beginning as early as 7am!! Good morning :-( There was no warning upon reserving our room or upon check in. I hope for future Desert Inn patrons that this has passed because it really affected our stay this time.

• Stayed: August 2014

Hello awilliams17410,

Thank you for your continuous business and taking the time to share your experience. I apologize for the constant sound of construction that you and your family encountered. We pride ourselves on great customer service and as evidence on our reviews we do offer fantastic services and accommodations. Should you decide to stay with us again, we would take that opportunity to be of better service to you and your family.

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very close to the parks and reasonably priced for the location. The rooms are average size but the beds were terrible. The sheets wreaked of bleach and the mattress was very soggy. My back hurt for days. Breakfast was very limited. Parking was a nightmare. But you spend most the time in the parks so if they have a decent rate then book this hotel early, it often sells out.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank MrsDre

Hello MrsDre,

We are extremely sorry and we would like to apologize for the unsatisfactory experience your encountered. Your feedback is really appreciated and we will definitely work on these areas that need attention. We hope upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

The location couldn't be better. Anaheim Desert & Suites was actually closer to the main entrance than the Disneyland Hotel. When we arrived, the front desk couldn't find the key to the scooter we rented for Gramma, so we headed to breakfast. When we came back, still no key. We had to call and ask Apple Scooter to bring an extra key. We came back late that afternoon for check in and were issued room keys. We went to the door and saw a Do Not Disturb sign on the door handle. We knocked. No answer. We used our key and probably frightened the current residents of the room. I had to go back down and was assigned a different room. Housekeeping was phenomenal. Plenty of towels and the room was always clean and ready to go by mid-afternoon. Since the breakfast was under construction, we only tried to eat there once. It was cramped and the offering meager. The juice machine wasn't working and the line for the toaster was way too long. I'm hoping that will improve. The rooftop deck was under construction and I understand it's to benefit the hotel, but it would have been nice to mention that on the current description. The rooms were clean and adequate but the little sitting room at the front of our suite was too hot to use. The little fan from the bedroom did little to cool the room. I would recommend this hotel to a family needing basics for a Disneyland stay, but not as a hotel to provide an oasis.

Room Tip: Stay in third floor or higher for less noise.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Carlos P, Manager at Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Hello SandyWB,

We appreciate you taking the time to complete a survey regarding your recent stay with us. On behalf of our entire staff here at the Desert Inn & Suites we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced at our hotel.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

I have stayed at this hotel over 20 times in the last 14 years, and have had positive experiences with my stays. I last stayed here June 22, 2014 through June 26, 2014. When we first parked, in the covered parking on the upper deck, there was a maintenance guy working on something and had coned off a space. We remember seeing a metal cart with tools, etc... Either Monday night or Tuesday morning two vans parked in the spots next to my car, and never moved. When we left Thursday morning (around 845), I noticed that the driver side mirror had been pushed shut, but did not think much of it. Due to a shadow on the front of my car, I did not see the damage to it until I stopped for gas. From the passenger side front bumper corner, along the front bumper, corner of the passenger bumper, and along the bottom of driver's side door area were various deep scratches. When I returned home, I showed my husband the damage, and he immediately asked who moved a metal cart around our car, probably with sharp equipment sticking out, as it was clearly damage not done by another car. I contacted the hotel and was forwarded to the manager. I sent pictures and he said he would investigate. After about a week, I spoke with the manager again and he said he had spoken to most of the employees and they said no work had been done near my car. After more time went by, I was told that my matter would be referred to their insurance but they probably would not pay. It is now 2 months later, and have not heard back. I can no longer stay here knowing that their employees do damage, don't report it, and lie. We did not imagine them doing work near the car! If this was damage caused by another vehicle, I would have never contacted the hotel since that is not their responsibility. For now on I will take my business to the Park Vue Inn next door, which several friends have tried to get me to stay at in the past, but I have stayed loyal to Desert Inn and Suites. Park Vue is about $10 more, but includes free parking and a hot breakfast, and the overall reviews on Tripadvisor are better. To the management of Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites, please do not respond to this. I really don't care anymore. Your lack of follow through demonstrates your lack of caring. Even if the "insurance claim" is still pending, I should have received a check in call.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Shazamsue

Hello Shazamsue,

I want to personally thank you for your 14 years of continued patronage and for staying with us again. On behalf of our entire staff, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered. Be assured that your experience was unique and does not reflect the overall quality of the Desert Inn.

Anaheim Desert Inn

Reviewed 19 August 2014

By far, best value. The crosswalk to disney is literally right next to the hotel. Yes, not the swankiest hotel but good for those quick disney trips where you need a place to stay thats walking distance to the park

Room Tip: 3rd and 4th floors have ice machine 5th does not
1  Thank Lester C

Hello Lester C,

We do appreciate your feedback and look forward to be of service again in the near future. Thank you for choosing us.