“nice hotel but next to a car recycler smelter factory”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North
Ranked #56 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We stayed ( family of four) one night to go to Disneyland the next day. I love Embassy Suites so I chose this location since it was cheaper than the Anaheim S. Very nice staff, good breakfast, nice room amenities, fitness center, etc but we faced the back of the hotel. Right next door is a car recycler with trucks full of smashed up cars coming in ALL NIGHT long. They work 24 hours a day so we heard the BEEP BEEP BEEP all night long with occasional car smashing. Either the windows need to be sound proofed or earplugs provided to guests who stay in the back. I can't believe that factory works all night long but they do. I also can't understand why the CIty of Anaheim would allow for the mixed use of a hotel next to an industrial 24 hour operation. I didn't complain to the front desk b/c I thought what was the point. I paid 125.00 with my AAA card on a Tue night.

Room Tip: Request a room in the front of the hotel
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank jenniferd159
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North

Reviewed 14 May 2012

Biggest drawback:ALL ROOMS HAVE BATHROOM ACCESS ONLY THROUGH MASTER BEDROOM. That means kids trooping through at all hours. Friendly staff. Breakfast prep could improve...stems still on grapes, seeds floating in melons. Omelette chefs very professional and friendly. Pool area hot, humid and stings nose with chlorine smell. Water was out in gym room. Toilet flushed very slowly, after reporting problem to front desk. Love Embassy...would definitely pass on this site in the future.

Room Tip: South side more quiet...north side rooms have A LOT of freeway noise
Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank lllearner
Reviewed 11 May 2012

We stayed here during Easter and the place was packed. But if you woke up early you had no idea how many people were around until after you had breakfast.
Anyone staying at an embassy knows how it works, so how does it rate compared to all the other embassy suites - a four-. Not the new, but clean , good food, drinks, and nice management. But not like going to a full service hotel, no recognition of member status, no bellboy or help with luggage.
tips- try to get the larger king suite the extra space was helpful
One Main problem- the Lion it roared all night- where is the off button, I think if i had stayed there one more night I would have found a way to unplug that thing. It really bothered all of us.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank cj15
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Our family of 6 (including 4 young children) stayed at this particular Embassy Suites for three nights in April for a (non- Disney) family trip. I've stayed at one other Embassy Suites last year, and I remembered their gorgeous atriums and FANTASTIC breakfasts. It wasn't until this trip that I realized that all Embassy Suite hotels follow the same design. If you are traveling with kids, this is the perfect place... tons of "distractions" in the hotel to keep the little one occupied. The indoor pool is beautiful, and my kids got a lot of use out of it. The made-to-order breakfast was always wonderful with tons of selections. Seating is in the beautiful atrium with many tables near the multiple koi ponds. Our kids loved watching the fish and walking around the bridges during breakfast, down time that we had in the hotel, and during the evening Manager's reception. Staying here just took a lot of the stress associated with traveling with a young, and larger family.

Some things you should know... some of the rooms face a 24/7 operating scrap metal yard. It's not a pretty view by any means, but if you have kids who have never seen one, it kept them intrigued while the adults got ready for the day. Good thing was that it wasn't loud. The only noise that was slightly bothersome was the hotel generators that were relatively close to our outside window.

The hotel rooms are a little dates and in need of some cosmetic repair, but that really wasn't an issue and wouldn't stop me from returning.

The staff at the front desk as well as the chef during breakfast were such a delight and very friendly and helpful.

We stayed during the middle of the week in low season, so even though their were some families there that were doing the Disney thing, it wasn't loud or overcrowded.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank mommaness
Reviewed 10 May 2012

The staff was very attentive and pleasant, Jack at the front desk made you feel welcomed, Anna the shuttle bus driver to Disney Land was great, she was very personable and knowledgeable, great sense of humor - I actually enjoyed the 15 minute ride to Disney when she drove. We were in Disney Land for my daughters wedding. When Anna found out the reason why we were there - she had a plate of chocolate dipped strawberries delivered to her room with a hand written card. Stan was another shuttle bus driver that totally went out of his way for us, the original shuttle broke down prior to us and he was sent to the rescue, he apologized over and over for the inconvenience, during our ride back to the hotel he had overheard my husband and I talking about how we forgot the “car paint” – we had wanted to paint Just Married on her car. Stan called the Hotel to see if he had anymore pick ups – he had none scheduled so he took us to the local Ace Hardware store and actually came in to the store to help us make the purchase – My daughter was so excited that we painted her car – he really made a difference in her wedding memories.

The free made to order breakfast offered delicious omelets, pancakes and French toast and they were yummm! I loved the atrium, the coy pond the turtles, the setting was very pleasant and calming. The free late afternoon manager’s reception was a big hit with the weary travelers, the munchies that were offered were just ok I have to say, popcorn, chips and salsa, I order a shrimp cocktail. I would stay there again! Two thumbs up!

Room Tip: The hotel is pet friendly - so I asked not to be near the 2nd floor - I have pet allergies - I was p...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank cheese4me
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I was traveling with a coworker and he stated his room was so unclean he requested another upon check in. Mine looked like housekeeping had been there, but the duvet had lots of hair on it and there was hair in the bathroom.
On a positive note, the front desk staff was friendly and when I requested the duvet changed, they did put a clean one on the next day.
The breakfast was excellent, as expected from Embassy Suites.
I only gave it two stars because when I am in the area again I won't be staying here because of chancing getting a clean room.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
mjdrios, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Thank you for notify us concerning your recent stay at our Hotel.

Above all, please accept my sincere apologies for the cleanliness issues that you experienced during your recent stay. And please accept our deepest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Your comments concerning the Front Desk Team are greatly appreciated and will I will pass along your observations to our Team members.

Reviewed 3 May 2012

My family and I have stayed here several times and are always happy to return. Of all the ESs we have stayed, this one has the most friendly and helpful staff. Even the manager was in the breakfast area cleaning tables and making sure everyone had a clean table for their meal.

The rooms at this particular ES are very spacious and the house keeping staff does a wonderful job making up the rooms each day.

Also not far from all the theme parks and restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Mamasix
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anaheim
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - Orange
Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort – Convention Center
Hyatt Place at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center
Staybridge Suites Anaheim - Resort Area
Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North? Share your experiences!