“Service is ok but dirty hotel”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North
Ranked #55 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Central California
“Service is ok but dirty hotel”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This place is dirty..and it's not from the remodel.. I stayed here in January and in March because they were close to where I needed to go and I'm a Hilton honors member. After the hotel being dirty two visits in a row I sent an email to hilton. I figured that might prompt housekeeping to step it up so I tried it again in May. That is my last visit. I'm never staying here again. The bathrooms were not clean they had dust build up in the corners. I had blood on my cover sheet, crumbs were still on the desk from the occupant before me. When we checked in several rooms had dishes outside of them from room service..the same dishes with crusted on food were still sitting by the doors when we checked out the next day by all the doors. I used my Hilton points for my May visit and I felt like I wasted them. The front desk staff is so nice and the lobby area is amazing! The coy ponds are beautiful! It's a shame that they do not take as much pride in the guest rooms. Sorry I hate to write bad reviews..but I gave it 3 chances! I should have stopped after the first one!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jen R
Francois K, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Jen R.,

Thank you for your feedback on you last visit with us. I sincerely apologize for the lack of cleanliness you experienced. Let me assure you that it is a priority for myself and the Housekeeping staff, while there is no excuse for it. After three visits and based upon your review I am actively participating with our housekeeping staff to ensure that we improve our cleanliness standard.
Would you please contact me at the hotel? Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Henderson, United States
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I travel weekly to Southern California and needed a centrally located hotel to visit my reps in Orange County and the Inland Empire. I also wanted a place with breakfast included, so Embassy Suites was top on my list. This hotel is right off of the 91 freeway offramp, making it very convenient as a business location. I also noticed that the hotel is on the local ART tram route, transporting people to and from Disneyland and other area attractions (great for the family). Service was friendly and the room was spacious. The only downside of this hotel is that it is right in the middle of nowhere - my view was of a river which had no water, the alternative would be the 91 freeway. That being said, there is a shopping center about 4 miles through local roads and the hotel has a bar and a separate restaurant if you wanted to stay in. Breakfast was standard for Embassy Suites - omelette station, breads, meats, cereals. As a HHonors diamond member, I was provided free internet access which worked just fine.

For business, the location and service was great. For families, it's a great location if you want to access Disney and other attractions away from the middle of it all.

Room Tip: Higher the better - I think a view of the river would be better than the freeway.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My family and I love staying at Embassy Suites but this particular hotel does not measure up. When we checked in for the room we reserved through their website, they said we had reserved two rooms and required handicap access. I showed them our reservation confirmation and had to argue with them a bit to get things corrected. The hotel is under construction so there was only one working elevator on our side of the hotel and a five minute wait wasn't uncommon. The only stairs exited outside of the hotel. About 8:30 in the morning we would hear construction above our room that sounded quite similar to a jack hammer. Occasionally it smelled as if a sewer line had broke and our room smelled awful. When we mentioned this to the front desk, the response was, "What do you want me to do about it?" The breakfast was so so, not as good as the other Embassy Suites we have stay at. Housekeeping was reluctant to leave more than 3 towels even though there was five of us and I had asked for a couple more. They also didn't always leave a shampoo. The hotel tried to check us out two days early and shut off access to our room keys, which again, we had to bring down our reservation and show them we booked the room for six days. We will definitely be booking a different location in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
San Luis Obispo, United States
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This hotel was great! I had booked a large party (7 rooms total) and they were able to quickly accommodate us,and even gave us the conference room to store our bags while we went to Disneyland! The breakfast was incredible and all of the kids in the youth group loved it! I will for sure be booking this hotel in the future for all of our trips!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Salinas, California
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I thought my stay would be close to LAConvention Center but realized traffic makes everything a 2 hour jaunt. The hotels food was awesome for a hotel. Our room was clean it was quiet until what must be Disney closing hour then hallways were bit noises. We now choose corner rooms
And that makes huge difference.
If you are coming from north you must pass Disney for few miles which means traffic. Over all no complaints high score for food.

• Stayed April 2014
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This place is a dump. They respond to maybe 30 percent at best to maintenance requests. It's always hot not to mention unclean. The sofas are far too old while the carpet is damp in half the rooms I have stayed in over the last 6 months. Housekeeping is terrible with dirty sheets and unswept and dirty carpet and tile. They don't mop consistently. Proven by broken glass in my room that should have been found by housekeeping if they actually mopped. Managers could care less. If you want a quiet, clean, cool room, keep looking. I have had quieter Hilton property rooms next to Disney. One positive note is the speed of the internet here.

Room Tip: Ask to be opposite of the 91 to avoid freeway noise.
3 Thank Sarah D
Francois K, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you Ms. D. for your feedback. I was hoping we had already addressed your concerns during your last two visits. We do appreciate your business and hope you will be coming back soon.

Rockwall, TX, United States
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The team here treats you like family and always is accommodating to reasonable requests. I always greeted like I’m special and will continue to come back. Yes, the hotel is under renovations and could cause a little delay here or there but it will be worth it. The complimentary breakfast and cocktail hour are also really good.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Anaheim
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - Orange
Staybridge Suites Anaheim - Resort Area
Holiday Inn Anaheim-Resort Area
Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County
Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort – Convention Center

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North? Share your experiences!