“A Quick, Cheap trip to Disneyland”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Alamo Inn & Suites

Alamo Inn & Suites
Ranked #95 of 117 Hotels in Anaheim
vancouver
“A Quick, Cheap trip to Disneyland”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

I would like to start this review by saying, I am NOT a picky person. I am merely writing this review because there are so many people who write and say "i knew what I was expecting, but I was so disappointed". Ok, if you knew what you were expecting - then how could it be disappointing! This review will be to give a couple of 'heads up's' to the people who might be a little more picky than they think... this way you WILL know what to expect.
With the Alamo Inn -i really did know what i was expecting. I was expecting to stay in an extremely cheap, extremely close hotel to Disneyland. I would spend 12-14 hours in Disneyland per day, go back to the hotel, sleep and go back for another 12-14 hours of rides and fun. I knew the hotel wouldn't be the nicest (or even NICE at all by some people's standards), and I knew it likely would have a few things that didn't work the way it did in the 80's. A couple things I noted, while staying at the Alamo - and these are cold hard facts:
1) The shower head is VERY LOW. I am a 6'0" tall woman, and I had to bend to the side in order to shower. The shower stream hit my chest.
2) The toilet wouldn't flush when we arrived. My boyfriend put his hand in the tank (gross, we know) and fixed it.
3) The water took a long time of fussing around in order to make it a reasonable temperature to shower. Eventually, it was fine.
4) The rooms are OBVIOUSLY old. So deal with the 'old hotel' stink and you're fine.
5) The walls are thin. First thing we heard while waiting for the elevator upon arriving at 2am - a couple having sex. And we were outside.

So, if you can deal with all of these things, in order to have a bed to sleep in - then sure - go stay at the Alamo Inn. I had a perfectly fine visit there, I didn't let the little thingss bother me but I am also extremely easy going and really don't care what a hotel room looks like.

Just be honest with yourself and think if you are really as 'oh we don't care, it's all about Disneyland' as you think you are... then you shouldn't have any problems. But don't sit here and read reviews about what other people are telling you are facts then come on here complaining about things you knew would happen.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TTTVancouver

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

Stayed at this property for 4 nights in order to be within walking distance from Disneyland/California adventure. Basically the close proximity was the only good thing about this hotel. Right away after we checked in, we found a spider in our room and could not get the air conditioner to work. When we phoned the desk the agent told us that they couldn't come look at it and they had no idea why it wasn't working. We then asked to move rooms. Luckily they had one available. Although after we got to a new room even though the AC worked we continued to find at least 2 bugs each day throughout our stay. Then to top it off we had little to no hot water throughout the entire stay. I would definitely NOT recommend this hotel under any circumstances. It is dirty and the staff is horrible. There are plenty of other hotels in the area that are just as close to disneyland that you can stay at for around the same price. Scratchy towels, ice machines that don't work, dirty rooms, poor service, just all around bad! Poor hospitality!

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, do not stay on the ground floor, bugs can get to your room easier!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Alyse K

Travellers are raving about these Anaheim hotels

Saratoga Springs, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

We go to Disneyland every winter and normally stay at a Quality Inn within walking distance to the park for about $50-60/night. This year, however, our usual place was booked so we jumped on Expedia and took this place. While, geographically, it looks like it is near the park, it is not really within a reasonable walking distance to any of Disney's entrances, as far as I could tell (the front desk was swamped, so there really was no one to ask). The room we got was really antiquated. The heating system looked like it was out of the 1950s. The towels were like sandpaper. The hot water in the shower came in and out. This is a place to rest your head and nothing else, and not really even worth the cheap price tag considering there are so many similarly priced and somewhat better motels in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TheyKnew
OLYMPIA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

The room was inexpensive, but the accommodations were horrible. The room was dirty, and I wouldn't even walk on the carpet without socks on. The pool is outdoor/non-heated, so it isn't usable during the off months. The hot tub was gross and the room it was in smelled strongly of urine! They said it was only .6 miles from Disneyland, but that is as the crow flies, because it is on the opposite side of the park from the gates. Just spend a couple more bucks and stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Spend a couple more bucks and stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MEAGAN R
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013

Although the location is perfect to walk to Disneyland or the Anaheim convention center, there are manybetter options along this same stretch of Katella.

Mattress springs poked my ribs all night. The blanket had several cigarette burn holes. The walls were so paper-thin, I could hear ever syllable of the phone conversationin the room next to me while someone above me paced the floor all night.

None of the ice machines had any ice at any time of the day or night. Not the kind of place you'd want to expose your family or wife to. Although cheap, it's worth spending a couple more bucks for a room that's at least clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: There are no elevators so perhaps a first floor room is most convenient to load and unload luggage.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2013 via mobile

Jacuzzi smelled like the sewer, looked like pure pee, not even blue like the pool, and it was not hot, we complained to front desk, and they called pool person, igot about halfway in it and was afraid I would catch some disease! Went right to my room and took a shower. They only only gave us one wash cloth two days in a row. Covers over bath room lights were broken. My husband had to make three different reservations when we booked the room and they couldn't combine them so we had to check in again everyday.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Judy K
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2013

Anyone who complains about this hotel, is not seeing everything this hotel offers. It is within walking distance to Disneyland which makes it perfect. There's a bed, a refridgerator, and a microwave. Everything you need for a successful trip to the park. It may not be the cleanest hotel in the world, but what do you expect for $50 a night? I LOVE this hotel! I have stayed here at least 30 different times. I have never thought about staying anywhere else. The price makes everything worth it. (I put excellent for everything because even if Alamo does not offer it, the amenities are all close) Remember walking distance to Disneyland for $50 a night!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business