I would like to start this review by saying, I am NOT a picky person. I am merely writing this review because there are so many people who write and say "i knew what I was expecting, but I was so disappointed". Ok, if you knew what you were expecting - then how could it be disappointing! This review will be to give a couple of 'heads up's' to the people who might be a little more picky than they think... this way you WILL know what to expect.
With the Alamo Inn -i really did know what i was expecting. I was expecting to stay in an extremely cheap, extremely close hotel to Disneyland. I would spend 12-14 hours in Disneyland per day, go back to the hotel, sleep and go back for another 12-14 hours of rides and fun. I knew the hotel wouldn't be the nicest (or even NICE at all by some people's standards), and I knew it likely would have a few things that didn't work the way it did in the 80's. A couple things I noted, while staying at the Alamo - and these are cold hard facts:
1) The shower head is VERY LOW. I am a 6'0" tall woman, and I had to bend to the side in order to shower. The shower stream hit my chest.
2) The toilet wouldn't flush when we arrived. My boyfriend put his hand in the tank (gross, we know) and fixed it.
3) The water took a long time of fussing around in order to make it a reasonable temperature to shower. Eventually, it was fine.
4) The rooms are OBVIOUSLY old. So deal with the 'old hotel' stink and you're fine.
5) The walls are thin. First thing we heard while waiting for the elevator upon arriving at 2am - a couple having sex. And we were outside.
So, if you can deal with all of these things, in order to have a bed to sleep in - then sure - go stay at the Alamo Inn. I had a perfectly fine visit there, I didn't let the little thingss bother me but I am also extremely easy going and really don't care what a hotel room looks like.
Just be honest with yourself and think if you are really as 'oh we don't care, it's all about Disneyland' as you think you are... then you shouldn't have any problems. But don't sit here and read reviews about what other people are telling you are facts then come on here complaining about things you knew would happen.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alamo Inn & Suites is a budget hotel conveniently located in Anaheim, California. The Alamo Inn is one block away from Disneyland, Disney's California Adventure theme parks and the Anaheim Convention Center, and it is a short drive away from Knott's Berry Farm, Angel Stadium of Anaheim, The Outlets at Orange and pristine Southern California beaches. Our rooms (all non-smoking) are spacious and we are in the process of updating them for your comfort and enjoyment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Alamo Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alamo Hotel Anaheim
- Alamo Motel Anaheim
- Alamo Inn & Suites Anaheim, California