All reviewshard wood floorsfree parkinggrand californian hotelsave moneynice staywalking distance to disneylandmini fridgedisney tripcalifornia adventureparksblindssignal
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights November 2012 with 3 kids. It was a basic, older room. But it was clean and functional - no problems at all. It's very close to Disneyland - across the road from carparks. So for the price (we paid about $45 AUD a night) it was great. Also has a nice indoor spa that the kids loved.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I made the mistake of paying for two nights. A little over a week before my stay, I decided to cancel one of the nights. They said I would get a refund within 3 to 5 business days. My reserved day came and I still hadn't received my refund, I asked them why and they said it normally took 5 to 7 business days (this was the 11th business day). Finally, four days after my stay, I got my refund. Then, 4 days later, they charged me again! They went into my checking account without my authorization!!
The rooms are dirty and the carpet is filthy!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Cynthia R
Reviewed 16 July 2013

It was clean, beds were fine. It was just a bed to sleep. It was very close to Disneyland, a ten min walk. It was nothing fancy. If you want to save money and spend it elsewhere, this is a good place.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2013

It's a "you get what you pay for" type of deal. It was very inexpensive to stay here compared to other places in the area. Not entirely next door, but in walking distance to disneyland (10-15 min walk) and family restaurants/mini marts. HOWEVER, the hotel was very run down. The carpet felt sticky, the hot water ran out quickly, paper thin walls, and the room didn't feel clean. The room smelled musty to me. I'm sure the maids did their best about cleaning it, but the place was just old and rundown. The linens didn't feel super clean, and the bed wasn't super comfortable (probably because the place was so old).

We stayed there for 3 nights to be close to disneyland, and on the last night we stayed there, I KILLED A COCKROACH. I was disgusted, but I knew the place was old and rundown, so I didn't do anything about it. Honestly, it was just a place to sleep since we spent the majority of the time at Disney.

Next time, I'll just pay a little more to stay at a nicer, cleaner, and more updated hotel that's right next door to Disneyland...because after a long day at disneyland, your feet already hurt, and you don't want to walk anymore than you have to back to a rundown hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephanie S
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I would like to start this review by saying, I am NOT a picky person. I am merely writing this review because there are so many people who write and say "i knew what I was expecting, but I was so disappointed". Ok, if you knew what you were expecting - then how could it be disappointing! This review will be to give a couple of 'heads up's' to the people who might be a little more picky than they think... this way you WILL know what to expect.
With the Alamo Inn -i really did know what i was expecting. I was expecting to stay in an extremely cheap, extremely close hotel to Disneyland. I would spend 12-14 hours in Disneyland per day, go back to the hotel, sleep and go back for another 12-14 hours of rides and fun. I knew the hotel wouldn't be the nicest (or even NICE at all by some people's standards), and I knew it likely would have a few things that didn't work the way it did in the 80's. A couple things I noted, while staying at the Alamo - and these are cold hard facts:
1) The shower head is VERY LOW. I am a 6'0" tall woman, and I had to bend to the side in order to shower. The shower stream hit my chest.
2) The toilet wouldn't flush when we arrived. My boyfriend put his hand in the tank (gross, we know) and fixed it.
3) The water took a long time of fussing around in order to make it a reasonable temperature to shower. Eventually, it was fine.
4) The rooms are OBVIOUSLY old. So deal with the 'old hotel' stink and you're fine.
5) The walls are thin. First thing we heard while waiting for the elevator upon arriving at 2am - a couple having sex. And we were outside.

So, if you can deal with all of these things, in order to have a bed to sleep in - then sure - go stay at the Alamo Inn. I had a perfectly fine visit there, I didn't let the little thingss bother me but I am also extremely easy going and really don't care what a hotel room looks like.

Just be honest with yourself and think if you are really as 'oh we don't care, it's all about Disneyland' as you think you are... then you shouldn't have any problems. But don't sit here and read reviews about what other people are telling you are facts then come on here complaining about things you knew would happen.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple