“NAMM Convention Centre accommodation” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alamo Inn & Suites

Alamo Inn & Suites
Ranked #95 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Glossop, United Kingdom
“NAMM Convention Centre accommodation”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

The Alamo is perfectly situated for a trip to the Anaheim convention centre. It is very basic accommodation and a little tired and shabby-looking compared with other nearby accommodation and was expensive, particularly on the peak days (Friday and Saturday). The lack of included breakfast or coffee-making facilities was disappointing and should be considered, as this means that guests must dine out every morning for breakfast, a further expense which it would be reasonable to expect not to have, considering the price charged.

Room Tip: If location is number one priority then this is OK but shop around. Other local motels offer better...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
SAN LORENZO
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

The outlets and lights didn't work, the bathtub leaked (this wasn't a drip, it was a stream!). The front desk staff claimed things would be fixed, but they never were. The carpets are funky (think damp and dark) and the bedding (and beds) were questionable and uncomfortable. The proximity to Disneyland is good, but not worth the trade off! This place was gross. The final straw, my cosmetics bag went from our bathroom missing the last day... when I mentioned this at the front desk at check out they mysteriously "found it" behind the counter... it had been used! Eww! Never again. There is no good room here. Nasty, dirty, broken and gross! They couldn't pay me to stay here again!!
REMEMBER THE ALAMO, and go somewhere else!!

Room Tip: There is no good room here. Nasty, dirty, broken and gross!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Rachel G

Travellers are raving about these Anaheim hotels

Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

I just stayed here for 3 nights as I was participating in the Disneyland Tinker Bell 2014 half marathon race. The night before I checked in, 2 women were attacked at this hotel in an attempted sexual assault. One of the women was stabbed repeatedly and received over a dozen stitches. Luckily, the attacker was caught and the women are "ok." However, the thing that bothers me about this place, aside from it being run-down, not as clean as I'd like and the rude staff, is that there are no deadbolt locks on the door. No chain or those flip type security locks, nothing. Also, some other runners who also stayed there said that their bathroom windows had no locks either. This hotel DOES NOT value the safety of their guests. The peep hole on my door was smudged or damaged so I was unable to even look through it. Despite the fact that this hotel is close to Disneyland, there are other options that I think are much better. Oh, and they are very stingy with the towels. You're better off bringing your own anyway, as their towels feel like sandpaper... ugh!

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, choose rooms 101, 102, 201, 202, 301, or 302 as they are closest to the fr...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank MommyReporter
Redmond, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

I didn't expect glamour for a basic hotel but neither did I expect to awaken to my 6-year-old grandson asking, "Mimi, what are all those things crawling around on the floor?" They were cockroaches...lots of them. Having already inspected the swimming pool, which had what looked like buckets of dirt in the bottom and was unusable for sanitary reasons, I wasn't entirely surprised, but we had only three days at Disney so I asked to be moved to a room that was not infested with vermin. The three of us were put in a room four doors away that had not been made up, but I was assured this would be done during the day. We got back at eleven that night and surprise, surprise, the room was the same pigsty it had been when we put our things in it 14 hours previously. The bathtub was filled with sopping towels interspersed with long black hairs. So was the sink. More dirty towels overflowed the wastebasket and the counter beside the sink. The beds were unmade and something had been spilled in one of them. I demanded that someone bring clean linens and come up and inspect this mess but they had no other vacant rooms for us. No one could take a bath or wash, and we had to sleep on top of the covers with our clothes on. We fell asleep to the sounds of rustling in the walls...something was living in there. We left the next morning, part way through our stay. This place should be reported to the Department of Health for cockroach infestation. The pool is not usable. There was not even a phone book in either room. You'd be better off in a tent in a campground.

Room Tip: My best recommendation about choosing a good room is to locate one in a different hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Julia S
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

The good points:
1. It's a 10 minute walk to Disneyland
2. It's definitely affordable for those on a budget.

The bad points:
1. I woke up covered in bug bites; photos to prove this. I noted 3 different kinds of small bugs I was consistently flicking out of my bed.
2. The hand basin in the bathroom was blocked. It would run down the drain to an extent before filling and taking ages to drain.

Overall it's a very cheap hotel for a reason. The rooms are serviced daily and were clean apart from the bugs - definitely needs a bug treatment. The beds aren't soft, the towels are cheap and small, the free soap and shampoo/conditioner are crap and if you're unlucky enough to have a room by the elevator like us, your room will be illuminated all night because the wooden blinds don't keep out the light and the maids are noisy as hell getting in and out of the elevators during service times in the morning.

I won't stay here again even if I want to save cash.

• Stayed November 2013
5 Thank ChiefWickham
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Since the last time I stayed here, they have installed new window shudders, painted the rooms, and expanded their wifi capabilities. I already love this place, and now they have made it even better. Always important to remember how close to Disneyland Resort it is. Hope the prices stay the same.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank J D
Reno
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

Horrible! Do not stay here. Yes its a 10 minute walk to Disneyland, but this place is scary. I have stayed at my fair share of "budget" motels but this one is the worst. The room was VERY small and had a full/double bed and we had made a reservation for a queen. Also each day there was a "new" guest in our room. We had cockroaches!!! The room didn't feel or look like it was taken care of at all. The walls were dirty and there were broken fixtures in the bathroom. The room did have a fridge and microwave. The service was poor at best, nobody was rude they just acted like they didn't care. We checked in at 2 am and didn't want to hassle to ask for another room. We stayed here a total of four nights. I personally have stayed at the America's Best Value Inn down the street and it was much more nice for a "budget" motel.

Room Tip: Don't Do it!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple