“Crowded, crowded, crowded!”

Ranked #11 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
El Dorado Hills, California
“Crowded, crowded, crowded!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

If not for the completely full parking lot (no parking) and the overcrowded breakfast room, I would have given this hotel another point. We got one of the two room, two bathroom rooms, with bunk beds in one room and two doubles in the other. The bunks were more than adequate for our two teen daughters. For the price we paid, I can't complain. We arrived after spending the day at Disneyland, and it supposedly is only three blocks, but it took us a good 20 minutes of driving from the Mickey parking structure to the hotel.

We had a room at the back, so the noise was minimal. When arriving at the breakfast room about half way thru the breakfast time, there was almost nothing left. Every time the hotel worker would put out food, it disappeared instantly (there were that many people). People were actually being rude and taking 10 donuts and 10 oranges at a time - not the fault of the hotel. There was no yogurt, bagels, bread or sausages left - only minimal amounts of sweet pastries that no one wanted. It was just an extension of the overcrowded Disneyland and Disney California!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Heidi M
wjiang, Owner at Stanford Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 24 August 2011
I am regret that your impression for our property is “Crowded, crowded, crowded!”.

Our property has 108 rooms and has 110 parking spaces, which I don’t even include the 14 parking spaces we give to Ramada Inn for their parking usage. City of Anaheim only requests every hotel/motel has number of parking spaces equal or larger than 70% of their guestroom number since there are so many tourists not driving to Anaheim. Our parking availability ratio should be one of the highest ratios among the Disneyland Resort area. I am not sure that whether you aware that there is additional parking spaces located behind the building and right next to the Sport Bar Restaurant at our next door. I may need to improve the signage to indicate this parking area to prevent any further confusion. Be honestly, so far, we have no complains that we are short of parking spaces available for our guests.

For breakfast room, I know even I already provide 64 seats total in our breakfast room, it still appear that the room is not big enough. The waiting lines for Waffle and Toaster may make it look much worse. This comment is the same as shown on the other guest’s review, some people are so selfish and do not consider other persons. I need to come out some different way to operate the breakfast services.

Thanks you for choosing our Comfort Inn Maingate to fulfill your lodging needs. I hope the above explanations can earn your understanding and forgiveness. Wish we have another opportunity to serve you and your family again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Korean first
Langley City, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

My recent stay was a good experience. The room was big and clean, this hotel offers breakfast which is a bonus, but most of all the two ladies at the front desk, Hazel and Helen, who went out of their way to help me, when the lobby computer was down. Management I think you need a new computer..Anyways Hazel was kind enough to let me use her laptop to register and check in for my return flight home, I really appreciated her concern and kindness...thankyou Jill C

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank cccalijillangela
wjiang, Owner at Stanford Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 25 August 2011
I am glad to learn that our staff went beyond to assist our guests for their needs. Hazzel and Helen will get their rewards from the Management Team.

Since I received several comments regarding our lobby computer was always down, I already replaced that lobby computer about three weeks ago. So far this new computer is working fine.

Thanks for your business and looking forward to seeing you back to stay with us again.
Klamath Falls, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

We stayed here on our return trip from Louisiana to Oregon, the motel was nice. The people at the front desk were very friendly and the room was nice. It was very spacious and I liked that it had a refrigerator, that is very important if you plan on spending time at Disneyland.
The room was clean, it could use a little updating, and the carpet was a little on the dirty side. The beds were comfortable and clean. The chairs at the desk, and the oversized chair by the front door were very dirty, they had some stains and one of the towels had a red stain in the corner of it ,but other than that it was great. I think the layout of the room could be adjusted some, there was a lot of room between the air conditioner and the bed and then where the TV stand/dresser was it was very crowded with that, the chair, and the desk with chairs. Oh and the alarm clock didn't work or we couldn't figure it out.
The swimming pool was nice, we only used it once but the kids enjoyed it. The free hot breakfast was decent, there was a lot to choose from but the area was a little small and there were a lot of people. The lady that was taking care of the breakfast was not very friendly but she tried to get things filled back up promptly.
The free internet was nice and the parking was easy to access. Our room was in the corner so it was hard to get to it with the vehicles and the chain blocking part of it off.
It is close to the park but it is still a walk if you plan on walking it, there is however about a block up from it, a parking lot designated just for Disney goers so if you walk to it you can catch a shuttle to the park, however we discovered this after the fact so we didn't get to use that feature. It is nice to know that you can do that though and there is no cost that we are aware of to catch that shuttle.
Overall a decent place to stay that is pretty close to the park and the price was decent.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank smalltimetraveler08
wjiang, Owner at Stanford Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 22 July 2011
It is our pleasure to have this opportunity to serve you and your family and glad to learn that you have a enjoyable experience to stay with our Comfort Inn Maingate.

I order to provide more convenience to our guests; we furnish refrigerator and microwave oven in every guestroom.

We have submitted and tried to get an approval for using seat covers over the in-room chairs for the past two months. We did not get the response for yes or no yet. We have always cleaned those chairs during the time we shampoo the carpet. It is getting tough to remove the stains off when it is caused by juice and/or coffee split. However, it is much easier to wash the seat covers.

“Breakfast room is too small” is the problems I have no way to fix it. The franchise requests us having a breakfast room with 27 seats. Now we furnish 65 seats already, but it is still not enough. Due to most of our guests are the families with children to visit Disneyland, they can really easily make our breakfast room crowded. Matter of fact, my breakfast vendor told me that he sell the breakfast products to every Comfort Inn in Orange County, we are the one ordered most. In the other words, we have more guests than other general area.

Again, thanks you to choose our Comfort Inn Maingate to fulfill your lodging needs. Wish we could see you coming back soon.
Queen Creek, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2011

when we got there the we checked into the 2bd/2br suite but only half of it was cleaned i picked up the phone and called up to the desk and they asked if we wanted to switch rooms or wait for it to be cleaned, we chose to wait and the house keeping was there to clean it with in 5min!!! On that note my daughter had ripped one of her dolls and when we came back from disneylands that night the housekeeper had fixed the doll and placed it on her bed. I felt like that was someone who went above and beyond her/his job discription. Thank you for taking the time and always being prompt when we would call with a problem.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank amw1984
WayneJiang, Owner at Stanford Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 July 2011
in our property. Since we just changed our reservation computer system on the May 19, 2011, our front desk staffs are still not 100% familiar with this new reservation system yet on the date your family checked in. Otherwise, there is an area does show which room is clean/ready and which room is not ready yet. Our front desk staffs should not have this problem again.

Regarding the extra mile my housekeeper did to your daughter, it impress me as well. If you don’t mind, please contact me at hotel and let me know that your name and which date your daughter’s doll being fixed, we have enough records to find out who cleaned your room. I will give her a compliment and an award.

Again, thanks for your business. We are looking forward to having another opportunity to serving you and your family.
Brazil
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2011

I have a great surprise whit this hotel. Huge and clean room, with all that we need: silence, coffe, bathtub, lcd tv. They have breakfast, spa, pool and gym, near disney, a good staff and the room for a good price. I really recomend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank aniedani
I am glad to learn that you have a great experience to stay with Comfort Inn Maingate. We try really hard to maintain our property to meet and/or excess the industry standards.

By the way, we just upgraded our breakfast into the “Hot” breakfast on the early June. In addition to our original continental breakfast items, our hot breakfast increases meats, scrambled eggs, a second flavor of waffle, two different flavors of yogurt, whole milk, and lots more. Come back to check out our new “Your Morning” breakfast.

Again, thanks for your business and looking forward to seeing you again soon.
U.S.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2011

I was hoping against hope that Comfort Inn Maingate would be one of those places where you could say, "Oh, it's cheap, but you get more than you pay for." Unfortunately, that's not the case. You definitely get what you pay for. The hotel is relatively close to Disneyland (about 20 minutes walking distance), and a shuttle (albeit a very unreliable one via the Anaheim transit system) runs from the hotel next door to Dinsneyland. We stayed in the kids' suite with two kids. The setup was nice because we could put the kids to bed earlier and stay up.

My biggest complaint is that the hotel was so dirty. It was surface clean, but the carpet looked like it had NEVER been cleaned. Our toddler ran around for a few minutes in his footie pajamas one day, and the soles were literally black. One day we got back from DL after 5 p.m., and our room still hadn't been cleaned. And even when the room was cleaned, it was NOT deep cleaned - it was a fast and spotty job. The comforters and blankets were also quite dirty and had a musty smell. By the end of the stay, we were all grossed out by the condition of the room.

The staff was relatively friendly, and the breakfast was ok (free). They cooked hard-boiled eggs for the week, and they kept serving the same things; the breakfast seating area was also much too small to accommodate more than a few guests. The hotel has free parking (a bonus) and free internet access, but calling it "high speed" is a big stretch - it was VERY slow and kept going down on me when I would try to use my laptop.

Also, we stayed on the bottom level, and the people above us were so loud at all hours of the night, our ceiling would shake. We called the front desk to complain, but nothing happened. The people above us kept on being loud.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend despite the lower price, and we'll stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Dani0309
wjiang, Owner at Stanford Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 24 July 2011
I am regret that our room conditions do not meet your expectations.

We do lots of works to maintain our carpets in a reasonable clean condition. As you may aware that our building is constructed as an exterior corridor structure, it is always more difficult to maintain the carpet cleanness. In order to do so, we already did the followings:

· We re-sealed our parking lots on the October 2010 to prevent the parking lots has too much dusts to allow the guests to carry into the rooms.
· We bought several heavy-duty commercial floor mats and laid on each entryways to try to catch the dirt before the guests go into the rooms.
· We bought a new cleaning solution to clean the carpets dirty spots. With this solution, we can make a rough clean much easier and it can assist us to maintain the carpet at a reasonable cleanness between we do the deep cleaning.

However, the efforts we put into still can not guarantee we can make every guest satisfied. It does make our guests complain much less than before. In accordance with your description, our housekeeping crews must overlook it. We sincerely apologize for that. We regret that we didnt be informed when you feel uncomfortable, otherwise we should be able to do a quick clean for you.

Regarding the high-speed internet access services, we have contracted with Inn Flux, which is providing a 24/7 internet technical support for our guests. If any guest have difficult to get on our internet network, they can always assist our guests within a phone call. The only thing the guest needs to do is to call our front desk, so we can transfer to them for their assistant.

Regarding the noisy from the upper level, I have apologized for this manner. We have experienced that some kids are so excited during their vacations and running around on the upper stair. It really makes noisy to other guests. Usually, once we got the phone call to complain the noisy, the front desk will call to the room makes noisy to talk to the parents to calm down their kids. However, my front desk should call you back later to confirm the upper stair has quiet down. Look like he did not do so.

Thanks you to spend times to share your experiences and sincerely comments with us. We will continuously improve ourselves. If possible, please stop by again to check us up. Again, thanks for your business and hope we can earn your understanding and forgiveness.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2011

We stayed at one of the Kids Suites with 2 bathrooms over Spring Break with my husband, 3 year old son, and Mother-In-Law for 4 nights. We were so impressed with the location (only a 15 min walk to Disney!) and the price for all that you get - delicious breakfast and yummy coffee & a place for my son to 'claim'. We will definately be staying there again!

Room Tip: Kids Suites, top floor