“Budget Hotel, Great Value”

Stanford Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Located close to Disney Resort. Rooms are clean and price is reasonable. Includes free breakfast and free wi-fi.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank johnh96813
wjiang, Owner at Stanford Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2011

I am great that you gave us a positive review regarding our room value, sleep quality and cleanliness. Thanks for your compliments. However, you only graded our guest services as a fair level. It appears that we still have rooms to improve our guest services. Would you able to send me a mail or e-mail to describe where we can improve our services? Thanks in advance.

We are looking forward to seeing you back to Disneyland soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,284)

Reviewed 30 August 2011

I'd stay there again anytime. Housekeeping staff did great work. Registration desk staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank divegranny1
wjiang, Owner at Stanford Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2011

There is nothing more excited to learn that our services make the guests loving to stay with us and become to be our repeated customers.

Thanks for your businesses and compliments. We are looking forward to seeing you and your family again.

Reviewed 23 August 2011

I chose this hotel because on their website they were 3 blocks away from Disneyland and it would be convenient to walk. Arriving we were told that it was not 3 blocks but a mile away. They do offer a shuttle service for $4 a person but we preferred to drive. Front desk was nice; very quick in checking in and out. Room was ok. Rust on toilet paper holder and no flat screen television as advertized. Biggest frustration was the shower with the water temperature. It would immediately change from hot to cold and never stayed one temperature. Loved having the free breakfast in the morning! Overall, good service, ok room and bad advertising.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank breefee
wjiang, Owner at Stanford Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2011

First all, I appreciate for choosing our Comfort Inn Maingate to fulfill your lodging need and also spend your time to write this review to share your experience.

The shuttle is provided by Anaheim Resort Transit (ART) to take guests back and forth from every hotel/motel to Disneyland. After this ART established, City of Anaheim does not allow any more property to provide their own shuttle service unless they already have this service existed. We are just courtesy to sell the ART passes to our guests for their own convenience. We do not get any profit during these transitions.

On August 7th and 8th, we received several complains stating that the shower water temperature cannot stay in a comfortable temperature. After we investigated, we found that somebody turn the cold water branch valve half way off, which are located on outside of building columns. Each coldwater branch valve controls eight (8) units’ coldwater in-take. You must stayed in one of these 8 units during that time. Since the coldwater was insufficient, the shower water temperature became unstable. After we turned the water valve back on, the problem is solved. We apologize this issue caused you any inconvenience.

I sincerely hope that the above explanation can earn your understanding. Wish we have another opportunity to serve you and your family again.

Reviewed 16 August 2011

My son scalded his hands with the water that was set on cold, come to find out the handle was stripped. No maintenance person on duty. Finally a housekeeper came with the wrong tools and fixed it temporarly. I had to fix it myself before we checked out. Room upstairs sounded like a gymnasium all night long that my sons had to leave their room (the one with the bunkbeds) and come and sleep in our beds because it was so loud. One day, the housekeeper didnt leave towels and cleaned only half of the room. The toilet would self flush every half hour, which drove us nuts.

The breakfast room was another straw on the overloaded camels back. Overpacked and the other guests were rude and would make 4-6 waffles at at time instead of allowing those waiting to get a chance. They would even ask their family who were already eating if they wanted another waffle and proceed to make it for them (not managements fault), but the staff person working in the room should move those people along. Eggs and sausage were gone in the first 10 minutes of opening. The staff person even said that you should line up outside before the doors open to get any of those items. Perhaps serve people so they dont load up with an entire plate of eggs and 10 sausage patties.

Stayed here many times before and had a great time, this time was a disappointment. Might not return and writing to management. Very substandard.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

I am sincerely apologizing that you did not feel satisfactory during this stay.
On August 7th and 8th, we received several complaints, yours is one of them, stating that the shower water temperature cannot stay in a comfortable temperature. After we investigated, we found that somebody turn the cold water branch valve half way off, which are located on outside of building columns. Each coldwater branch valve controls eight (8) units’ coldwater in-take. You must stayed in one of these 8 units during that time. Since the coldwater was insufficient, the shower water temperature became unstable. After we turned the water valve back on, the problem is solved. This problem is beyond my housekeeper’s capability. No matter which tool he carried, those are wrong tools anyway. We apologize this issue caused you any inconvenience.
We did also experience that some kids are so excited during their Disneyland vacations, they just consistently running around even on the late evening. Once and wile, we need to call to remind their parents to claim down their kids. But sometime it is difficult to do so. Staying on the second floor is one option. Otherwise, if you experience this type problem, call to our front desk and let us to talk to their parents.
Having our staff to serve certain items in breakfast may be a good idea. However, how to cut down the waiting time for waffle and toaster line is still a challenge. I need to discuss among my staffs to come out a better way to solve this problem.

Reviewed 4 August 2011

If not for the completely full parking lot (no parking) and the overcrowded breakfast room, I would have given this hotel another point. We got one of the two room, two bathroom rooms, with bunk beds in one room and two doubles in the other. The bunks were more than adequate for our two teen daughters. For the price we paid, I can't complain. We arrived after spending the day at Disneyland, and it supposedly is only three blocks, but it took us a good 20 minutes of driving from the Mickey parking structure to the hotel.

We had a room at the back, so the noise was minimal. When arriving at the breakfast room about half way thru the breakfast time, there was almost nothing left. Every time the hotel worker would put out food, it disappeared instantly (there were that many people). People were actually being rude and taking 10 donuts and 10 oranges at a time - not the fault of the hotel. There was no yogurt, bagels, bread or sausages left - only minimal amounts of sweet pastries that no one wanted. It was just an extension of the overcrowded Disneyland and Disney California!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Heidi M

I am regret that your impression for our property is “Crowded, crowded, crowded!”.

Our property has 108 rooms and has 110 parking spaces, which I don’t even include the 14 parking spaces we give to Ramada Inn for their parking usage. City of Anaheim only requests every hotel/motel has number of parking spaces equal or larger than 70% of their guestroom number since there are so many tourists not driving to Anaheim. Our parking availability ratio should be one of the highest ratios among the Disneyland Resort area. I am not sure that whether you aware that there is additional parking spaces located behind the building and right next to the Sport Bar Restaurant at our next door. I may need to improve the signage to indicate this parking area to prevent any further confusion. Be honestly, so far, we have no complains that we are short of parking spaces available for our guests.

For breakfast room, I know even I already provide 64 seats total in our breakfast room, it still appear that the room is not big enough. The waiting lines for Waffle and Toaster may make it look much worse. This comment is the same as shown on the other guest’s review, some people are so selfish and do not consider other persons. I need to come out some different way to operate the breakfast services.

Thanks you for choosing our Comfort Inn Maingate to fulfill your lodging needs. I hope the above explanations can earn your understanding and forgiveness. Wish we have another opportunity to serve you and your family again.

Reviewed 25 July 2011

My recent stay was a good experience. The room was big and clean, this hotel offers breakfast which is a bonus, but most of all the two ladies at the front desk, Hazel and Helen, who went out of their way to help me, when the lobby computer was down. Management I think you need a new computer..Anyways Hazel was kind enough to let me use her laptop to register and check in for my return flight home, I really appreciated her concern and kindness...thankyou Jill C

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank cccalijillangela
wjiang, Owner at Stanford Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2011

I am glad to learn that our staff went beyond to assist our guests for their needs. Hazzel and Helen will get their rewards from the Management Team.

Since I received several comments regarding our lobby computer was always down, I already replaced that lobby computer about three weeks ago. So far this new computer is working fine.

Thanks for your business and looking forward to seeing you back to stay with us again.

Reviewed 6 July 2011

We stayed here on our return trip from Louisiana to Oregon, the motel was nice. The people at the front desk were very friendly and the room was nice. It was very spacious and I liked that it had a refrigerator, that is very important if you plan on spending time at Disneyland.
The room was clean, it could use a little updating, and the carpet was a little on the dirty side. The beds were comfortable and clean. The chairs at the desk, and the oversized chair by the front door were very dirty, they had some stains and one of the towels had a red stain in the corner of it ,but other than that it was great. I think the layout of the room could be adjusted some, there was a lot of room between the air conditioner and the bed and then where the TV stand/dresser was it was very crowded with that, the chair, and the desk with chairs. Oh and the alarm clock didn't work or we couldn't figure it out.
The swimming pool was nice, we only used it once but the kids enjoyed it. The free hot breakfast was decent, there was a lot to choose from but the area was a little small and there were a lot of people. The lady that was taking care of the breakfast was not very friendly but she tried to get things filled back up promptly.
The free internet was nice and the parking was easy to access. Our room was in the corner so it was hard to get to it with the vehicles and the chain blocking part of it off.
It is close to the park but it is still a walk if you plan on walking it, there is however about a block up from it, a parking lot designated just for Disney goers so if you walk to it you can catch a shuttle to the park, however we discovered this after the fact so we didn't get to use that feature. It is nice to know that you can do that though and there is no cost that we are aware of to catch that shuttle.
Overall a decent place to stay that is pretty close to the park and the price was decent.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank smalltimetraveler08
wjiang, Owner at Stanford Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2011

It is our pleasure to have this opportunity to serve you and your family and glad to learn that you have a enjoyable experience to stay with our Comfort Inn Maingate.

I order to provide more convenience to our guests; we furnish refrigerator and microwave oven in every guestroom.

We have submitted and tried to get an approval for using seat covers over the in-room chairs for the past two months. We did not get the response for yes or no yet. We have always cleaned those chairs during the time we shampoo the carpet. It is getting tough to remove the stains off when it is caused by juice and/or coffee split. However, it is much easier to wash the seat covers.

“Breakfast room is too small” is the problems I have no way to fix it. The franchise requests us having a breakfast room with 27 seats. Now we furnish 65 seats already, but it is still not enough. Due to most of our guests are the families with children to visit Disneyland, they can really easily make our breakfast room crowded. Matter of fact, my breakfast vendor told me that he sell the breakfast products to every Comfort Inn in Orange County, we are the one ordered most. In the other words, we have more guests than other general area.

Again, thanks you to choose our Comfort Inn Maingate to fulfill your lodging needs. Wish we could see you coming back soon.