We frequent Disneyland & we're always looking for a new favorite place to stay that's more reasonable than our favorites (Best Western Park Place Inn, Embassy Suites or HoJo's)
We picked this hotel through Get Away Today based on Trip Advisor reviews, price & their hot breakfast. I was also impressed to see someone from the hotel actually reads these reviews.
Check in was smooth & the front desk was very friendly. A much welcomed change from the hotel we had just come from in Irvine. We had just come from the beach, so we checked into our room & headed to the pool. The pool & hot tub are very nice, but they're in the parking lot & this causes a HUGE downfall. Right behind the hot tub area is the garbage dumpster. Maybe it would be ok in the cooler months, but in August, the smell of rotting garbage was disgusting. It greatly lessened our enjoyment of the pool area & limited our time there to a quick dip & then back to our room.
The rooms were a comfortable size, as were the beds & pillows. The tv worked fine, the a/c would shut off randomly, but the filter was nice & clean (we always check) the refrig & microwave in the room was nice also. My two complaints about the room are the water. I read a few of the reviews below that said this problem was fixed & they only had problems on certain days, yeah right. Every day of our 4 night stay we had problems w/the water temperature. It would go from warm, to freezing cold, to burning hot without any warning. Not a pleasant experience by any means. My other room complaint is, we had early entry on Sunday, so we left our hotel at 5:45 AM & came back @ 3 PM for a nap & our room had not been cleaned. We called the front desk for some towels. They said they’d have them up to us in a “little bit” Well, 2-1/2 hours later we got a knock on the door, which woke us all up, since we fell asleep waiting for the towels. The 2nd day we made a request that our room please be made while we were at the parks & when we came back in the afternoon, it had been cleaned. (beds made, garbage taken out, fresh towels, etc) The 3rd & last day, we came back from the parks, again afternoon, probably 3 o’clock & again, the room had not been cleaned. I never did ask if you have to request maid service. Maybe this is their policy?
One other issue we had was parking. The weekend we were there, there was a sign on the door that said all rooms were sold out. So I’m not sure this is always a problem or not, but the evening we closed the park, (Tuesday evening) we were unable to find a parking spot. (We didn’t use ART, it was cheaper to park at the resort) My husband checked at the front desk & they told him to park at the hotel just down the block & he had to walk back. We felt very uneasy, worried about a break in or possible tow.
Ok, so on to the breakfast. One reason we picked this hotel was for the expanded breakfast I read about here on Trip Advisor. There is the standard breakfast fare, toast, bagels, cream cheese, hard boiled eggs, cereal, oatmeal, fruit & yogurt. They also have 2 flavors of “make them yourself,” waffles. (blueberry & malt during my stay) scrambled eggs & sausage patties. Well, your mileage may vary, but the scrambled eggs are powdered eggs & bad ones at that. IMO, they were inedible. The sausage patties were put into a plastic container & then microwaved (I watched the gal do this) & this, again, IMO, made them inedible. The rest was fine, but again, it’s just a standard breakfast & had I known the above, probably would have picked another hotel. Others have commented on how small the breakfast room is & it is tiny & it made navigation through the breakfast line very difficult. I think there could be a way to streamline the buffet to make it easier, especially by the waffle line.
So all in all, it was a so-so average stay. Enough good to out weigh the bad, but not enough for us to want another stay here. There are so many other, better hotels to pick for our Disneyland stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stanford Inn & Suites is conveniently located 3 blocks away from Disneyland, California Adventure, and Downtown Disney (1 mile south). We are also within walking distance of the Anaheim Convention Center, restaurants and shopping centers. Nearby Attractions include Newport Beach, Angel's Stadium and Knott's Berry Farm. We offer complimentary hot breakfast daily, heated pool and spa, free parking (No trucks), guest laundry, free wi-fi, free newspaper, fitness center, local restaurant discounts, guest computer (with free printing) & domestic faxes. Discounted Disneyland Resort tickets and Anaheim Resort Transportation (ART) tickets are sold at the front desk for a nominal fee. Stanford Inn & Suites is located in the heart of Anaheim and our rooms are 100% smoke free & pet free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Stanford Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Maingate Hotel Anaheim
- Anaheim Comfort Inn
- Stanford Inn & Suites Anaheim, California