We had a large group, 12 people. So we booked two of the 2 bedroom kids suites. It was such a relief to have 4 full bathrooms for all of us. The kids loved having bunk bed rooms for all of the cousins to play together in. The rooms were comfortable and clean. Refrigerator and microwaves came in handy for cooking and storing of food while on vacation. When we booked our hotel through a popular vacation website, we also bought ART passes for the shuttle to Disneyland. This was very convenient the stop was only one hotel down the road.
Breakfast time can be a little busy with all the people, but we never had a problem finding seating. There is seating outside, and even more seating outside and around a corner. It is true that many people are only concerned about their own party, and will take all the helpings of one item, but this is not the Hotels fault, rather humanities. It was obvious that the workers worked really hard to keep it stocked and garbage taken out.
Two of our party came in a day early to assist in transporting some people from the airport. They got a different room because the suites had all been booked by the time they decided to come in a day early. Since check-out was at 1100 and check-in was not until 1500. The hotel staff was very accommodating and allowed these people to stay in the room until one of the suites could be cleaned and moved into. The staff cleaned out one of our suites early for us and we were able to check into it by 1200. In order to ease our burden the staff checked us into both of our rooms (side by side) at 1200. The other room would not be cleaned until later, and we were told to just come back later and all we would have to do is pick up the keys. So after a long day at Disneyland we returned to the hotel tired and worn, stopped by the front desk to pick up the keys, only to find out that the day time clerk had given our second room away while we were away. The clerk was really confused because the names of the people who were staying in the room was different, from the people who checked in. The clerk was really apologetic and tried to help us as best he could. Luckily they still had extra suites. The clerk gave us the option of moving our whole party to two adjoining rooms or just booking a separate room. We just got the separate room since everybody had already moved all the luggage and food into the one room. Instead of being side by side the two rooms ended up on opposite ends of the second floor. Making it real inconvenient for visiting. Overall it turned out OK, but the added stress of that evening was not enjoyable. No other compensation was offered for this confusion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stanford Inn & Suites is conveniently located 3 blocks away from Disneyland, California Adventure, and Downtown Disney (1 mile south). We are also within walking distance of the Anaheim Convention Center, restaurants and shopping centers. Nearby Attractions include Newport Beach, Angel's Stadium and Knott's Berry Farm. We offer complimentary hot breakfast daily, heated pool and spa, free parking (No trucks), guest laundry, free wi-fi, local restaurant discounts, guest computer (with free printing) & domestic faxes. Discounted Disneyland Resort tickets and Anaheim Resort Transportation (ART) tickets are sold at the front desk for a nominal fee. Stanford Inn & Suites is located in the heart of Anaheim and our rooms are 100% smoke free & pet free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Stanford Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Maingate Hotel Anaheim
- Anaheim Comfort Inn
- Stanford Inn & Suites Anaheim, California