Stanford Inn & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
2,352 results
All reviewswafflesbunk bedsart busroom was cleanfree breakfastkids roomfamily suitefree parkingseparate roommickey mousehot breakfastgreat roomgreat place to stayfridge and microwavedisney tripnear disneylandthe breakfast area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 April 2012

This is a good place because its close to Disneyland and resturant the rooms are not that great is very hot in the rooms and smells we had to run the ac all night just to keep it fresh,the carpet is very very dirty stains all over the floors.. the towls where like scrubs very hard the breakfast was ok the bk room is very small you had to rub pass people tp get to one place to another .. i dnt recomended for familys with small kids that sit or like to drag on the floor ..

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank TRAVELINGFAM951
wjiang, Owner at Stanford Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2012

Thanks for spending your valuable time to provide your comments for Comfort Inn Maingate – Anaheim.

Due to our hotel is an exterior corridor property. All guests walk from the parking lot directly into the room. Sometimes, the guests walk back and forth from their room to swimming pool with their bare foots. It always carried dirt form outside into the rooms no matter how they do it. That’s why even we clean our carpet much more often than normally required, we still not able to maintain our carpet as clean as we intend to. The second floor’s conditions are better than the first floor.
In addition to clean carpet more often and re-surfaced our parking lot to decrease the dirt, we installed some rubber area mats in last year at all entrance locations to try to catch the dirt when the guests walk across those mats. However, the results were not good as we expected and those rubber area mats were totally worn out already. So, we removed all those rubber area mats.

Now, we are on the process to consult with some carpet manufacture to come out some exterior carpet option to be installed at our hallway or entrances. Once we selected the carpet, we will submit it to obtain our franchiser’s approval prior to our installation. It may take us several months to complete it. Hope this exterior carpet can help to improve this situation.

We are also on the process to enlarge our breakfast room. It will also take several months to design a plan, obtain the permit from the Building Department, and construct it.

Again, thanks for your business and your comments. Hope you will visit us when you come to Disneyland next time to check out the improvement.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Being one that frequents Anaheim, this was our first time staying at the Comfort Inn Maingate, & must say I wasn't impressed. First off, using the word "Maingate" in the name of the hotel is misleading. One would assume that it would be right by the park entrance but it is over a mile away from it. There were stains of who knows what on the little sofa in our room & the tile in the shower seemed to have been a little moldy at one time because the grout was stained too. Our daughter's family stayed in one of their "kid suites" & it had a bad musty smell in it. The "full" breakfast was a let down. They had a variety of foods to eat, buffet style scrambled eggs, sausage, make you own waffles, etc., but the eating area is small & therefore the whole area was crowded all the time. There are better hotels with good deals & kid suites also in the area... I'd keep looking if I were you.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Bishopsontheroad
wjiang, Owner at Stanford Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2012

I am regretting to learn that my property does not meet your expectations. However, I sincerely appreciate your businesses and valuable comments.

Regarding the “Maingate” issue, this property has re-branded his flag to be Comfort Inn for more than 10 years. Within these years, it has been owned by three different ownerships. There are total nine (9) hotels named themselves as “Maingate” around Disneyland Resort. Each one is flagged as different brand and all are the closest property away from the Disneyland Resort for their brand. I only consider one of these nine hotels is located right across the Disneyland, even it is on the end of the whole block with around 8 minutes walk. Among these nine (9) “Maingate” hotels, we are the fifth closest hotel and we are exactly one mile from Disneyland.

I did have one time considered to remove the “Maingate” from our name. However, it has taken so much efforts and money to build our reputations for the past 10 years. I am afraid our repeated customers may not find us and reserve to other Comfort Inn. Please be aware that there are totally 3 Comfort Inns in Anaheim and 2 of 3 are located on Harbor Blvd, we are on the South Harbor Blvd and the other one is on the North Harbor Blvd. Even right now we have “Maingate” shown on our name to try to separate from them, we still see lots of our guests came in and want to check in and then realized that they booked to the wrong one. Since there is a one-day penalty charged for the same day cancellation, the guests have no other choice and have to stay to other place which they don’t intend to do in the first place. I can see there will be a lot more confusion happened if we really remove “Maingate” away. That’s why I decided to keep our name as is. Besides, if I really want to change the name, not only I need to spend lots money to do advertisement, change all my printed material or amenities, but I also need to change all my contracts and/or agreements with my lenders, franchisor, and all my vendors since the guarantor has been changed. That is too much works involved and I don’t see the benefits from this action.

Regarding the moldy smell, would you please contact me directly or call to our place and leave a message for me to indicate which room you were staying. I will definitely looking into this issue.

I realize that our breakfast room is not big enough, even our franchisor requests us to have 27 seats for breakfast and we already offer 64 seats. Since we are located within Disneyland Resort zone and our guests are much more families with kids than all other Comfort Inns not in the resort area, our seat requirements should be higher. Please understand that it is a hug e task to change an existing building layout to accommodate with a large breakfast room. I am consulting with an Architect to see any way we can accomplish this task within the budget I can afford.

Again, your business and comments are greatly appreciated. Please do contact us for the room you stayed. If we have any progressive for the breakfast room, I will post it on our facebook or twitter. Please follow us on our facebook and twitter.

Reviewed 14 March 2012

Kids suite with second bath (and closet) was perfect for our family of six for a six-night stay. Everyone had a bed and we had plenty of room for all of our stuff.

Three-minute drive to Toy Story parking lot, about 15 to Mickey & Friends structure, making it quick & easy to get to Disneyland.

Price is great for what you get--free breakfast, free parking, free wi-fi. Rooms are clean and beds are comfortable.

Breakfast is the same each day but there's a decent variety of food, both hot and cold. Seating area is small but there are overflow picnic tables just outside.

Our second-floor room (220, at the back of the parking lot) was perfectly quiet.

Though this is an older property, it's a good mix of price and convenience, especially for families with three or four children. I recommended it to a friend who also has a family of six and she was similarly pleased with their stay.

Room Tip: Get a family suite with the second bath and you'll also get a second closet. Second floor at back of property is quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank minnemommy
wjiang, Owner at Stanford Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2012

It makes me feel exciting to learn that you and your family have an enjoyable time to staying with us. In additions, it is glad to know that you also recommended us to one of your friends and they have a great time as well.

As you know, the best way to build a successful business is to earn the repeated customers. Once these customers start to recommend your business to their friends, then your business will take off in a big time. I am glad to learn that you did it all for us.

Thanks for your business and all the “Good Words” you put for us. We are looking forward to seeing you visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 9 March 2012

This is the 2nd time we stayed with them and once again they never failed us. Nes and Helen of the front desk were extremely helpful and very accomodating throughout our stay.
i really love the kid suite with 2 bathrooms that we got, the convenience of having 2 bathrooms for a big family such as ours is just really nice! rooms were clean and suroundings were quiet just perfect for the weekend. i also want to mention the free breakfast they have, they place was neat and they offer good food for breakfast! The sausage and the breads were my favorite and the space or the room also is just enough so it does not get crowded as other hotel breakfast areas are.
overall, i still totally recommend staying here if you want a place of convenience and quality for a good fraction of the cost.
To the folks at Comfort inn maingate, thanks for a good weekend! you made my son's birthday really memorable! We'll be back again!

Room Tip: if you're a big family, get the kid's suite with 2 bathrooms!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank s2pify
wjiang, Owner at Stanford Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

It is glad to see a repeated customer come back to stay with us and continuously support our business and give us such wonderful review.

Kid suite room is a special feature we have to fulfill the needs for the large families. That’s why we spent money to convert 60 standard rooms into 40 kid suite rooms. Usually in our lodging industry, every hotel/motel wants to have more rooms be able to rent. But we chose the different approach to satisfy the guests like your family. Look like the efforts and money we spent are worthwhile.

Thanks for you to give us this opportunity to include us to be part of your son’s wonderful birthday memories. We are looking forward to seeing you and your family come back to visit us again.

Reviewed 6 March 2012

We were in the Kids Suite with 2 bathrooms and it was just what we wanted!
Room Setup: Walk in to a normal (but nice) hotel room with 2 queens, flat screen tv, microwave, fridge, and bathroom; then there is a door that goes into a smaller room with box tv, mini table and stool (very cute), bunk, and nice big sink area and bathroom.
Pros: It was clean, area felt safe, beds were comfy (even the bunk beds), price was great (2bathrm kids suite for price of regular room elsewhere) and let me tell you having 2 bathrooms was priceless! Free normal hotel Breakfast (including waffle maker), internet, and parking.
Cons: Scrambled eggs were not so good (bland to the point were it was hard to eat) but not a big deal because lots of other options (mainly gluten options but had a few alternatives) and well its free!
Tip: Disneyland is about a mile down the road...could walk but after a long day of walking all around the park I recommend just buying a ART bus ticket ($4 all day).

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank AZ3

Thanks for your businesses and spend your valuable time to write this review to share your experience with us. I do sincerely appreciate all your comments, good or bad, since those are very valuable information for us to be able to operate this property in a good standards level.

Our breakfast attendants cook the scrambled eggs every morning freshly. We bought the liquid egg from our food supplier vendor. Those liquid eggs are already pre-whisked, vacuumed seal in a paper container like milk, and ready to cook. I am not sure what the problem for it since they are cooked right before the breakfast serving time? However, I will look into this issue more thoroughly and get more guests’ feedbacks to identify the exact problem then I can find the right way to solve this issue.

Again, thanks for your valuable comments to assist us to improve us to be better. We are looking forward to having another opportunity to serve you and your family in the near future.