“Dad was right.. you get what you pay for.”

Stanford Inn & Suites
Ranked #11 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Evans, Colorado
“Dad was right.. you get what you pay for.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

This hotel was incredibly dirty, and felt very unsafe. We stayed here for a few nights, and during that time observed some interesting things in regards to housekeeping. When the housekeepers would come to work, many would bring their significant others to work with them.

These people would hang around outside by the pool, on benches by the front office, and picnic tables located outside the breakfast room. Whats more.. they would sit around and stare at guests as they came and went. This particularly irritated me when I noticed them ogling my wife and daughters.

And it wasn't just during the day.. These scumbags were hanging around at 1:00 in the morning just staring at everyone as they were getting out of their cars. There is no security, and it's very evident. If you park on the backside of the hotel by the restaurant, be VERY careful. There's not much parking, so if you get back to the hotel late, you WILL have to park there.

One evening I was emptying out the back of the car, and my wife and I noticed someone lurking around in the shadows. When he saw us removing luggage etc. He sat under a tree and started watching us. It was such an uneasy feeling that we got, we moved the car to the other side of the hotel and parked in an area that was not even a designated parking space.

As for the cleanliness, it's what you would typically expect in a cheap hotel. Clipped toenails on the carpet.. smudges on the television sets and flat surfaces, and strange smells, and disgusting stained furniture. The walking surfaces outside are so filthy, you hate to even walk on them, and for sure don't want to set your luggage down on them. I wouldn't let my kids swim in the dirty and cloudy looking pool, for fear that they would get ear infections.

The continental breakfast was cut and dry, but not the worst I've ever seen. The office staff I dealt with on the dates we stayed (7-15 through 7-18) were very nice and professional. If it weren't for them, I would have absolutely nothing good to say about this hotel.

I learned my lesson, and am willing to pay double the price next time to stay at a place where my family will be safe. It's true, you absolutely get what you pay for.

Room Tip: If you stay here, get a room upstairs. There are so many shady people hanging around the property t...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Korean first
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

My teenage son and I stayed over the 4th holiday and were very comfortable. Nice tv's, comfy beds and a great a/c system...
The room was great, however there must have been a leak under the sink because it smelled very, very moldy by there. I knew that the hotel was full so trading rooms wasn't an option, however I reported it when I check out and the front desk clerk assured me it would get fixed.

We missed breakfast both days so I can't comment on that but we were very close to Red Robin, Coco's and Joe's Crab Shack and really close to Disney. I would definitely recommend it, for price and location.

Room Tip: I would choose a room far from the pool -ours was towards the back of the hotel and pretty quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Krisathome
Elk Grove, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

Upon arrival, Staff was waiting for our prompt check-in. Our room was clean, sheets crisp, pillows awesome. Big LCD TV and fridge worked great. Breakfast next morning was fresh and ample and lots of option (eggs, snausage, toast, waffles, rolls, fruit, donuts, coffee, juice, milk, etc) Within walking distance is plenty of fast food outlets and a store only a half block away for most needs. Across and up the street a short walk is a Denny's, another favorite. Grounds (landscaping, paint, walkways) could use a bit of refreshing and cleaning, just basic stuff. Parking was easy and ample. Management even recognizes and appreciates nice sports cars and that was bonus and in no way influenced on my report.......

This Hotel is clearly Buffalobunny approved and will be our Hotel of "choice" for our future Disneyland visits.

Room Tip: We prefer ground floor rooms that open directly to the parking areas, nice an easy access and short...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank buffalobunny
NYC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012

I can see why this would be a decent choice for a small family traveling to Disneyland, but this Comfort Inn is the epitome of "motel". There is a free breakfast that was generous and consistent. The housekeeping staff does a nice job.

Overall, though, I would never go back. My room was next to a solar power generator (according to the front desk) that ran loudly almost the entire day. A good portion of the motel also backs up into a restaurant parking lot, which seemed to be a popular spot for people smoking pot in their cars. I spotted it a couple of times during my stay and I don't think it's an anomaly. I was also unpleasantly surprised to find that they give you a small bottle of shampoo and moisturizer but no conditioner, so consider yourself warned. There is no elevator so keep that in mind if you get a room on the 2nd floor and have a lot of luggage.

It's a motel, nothing more and nothing less. If you're expecting any kind of perks then you should pay for a hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid 149 and make sure to ask about the solar generator when booking.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank megny
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

Pros:
-Reasonable rates
-Comfortable, clean, spacious rooms
-Free Breakfast includes scrambled eggs, sausage, make your own waffles, fruit, breads, donuts, cereal, juices, milks, coffee, lots of condiments.
-No charge for parking
-Free Internet wifi access
-Swimming pool & jacuzzi - open till 11pm
-Options for free food delivery from nearby restaurants.

Cons:
-Besides your room, the property consists of a parking lot & small pool area
-Too far to walk to Disneyland, especially in the heat or dark
-The bus route #3 only comes about every 30 minutes and isn't very consistent. Other hotels have multiple busses and routes. The ride takes about 10-15 to the park and about 5-10 to return.
-Breakfast is free so don't expect amazing things. The eggs are always over cooked but eatable for a quick bite.
-I could hear people coming and going, doors opening and closing all the time. Probably because there's no where to hang out at if your at the room, just walk by other rooms.
-The pool & jacuzzi are just ok... Nothing special.
-Can't see fireworks from here, just hear them at 9:30pm

Overall
-I would recommend this hotel for a short 1-2 night stay or budget minded. The free breakfast although not fancy, will get your day started.

Room Tip: The breakfast room opens at 6:30am - get there as soon as possible. Also, the bus doesn't pic...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Michael P
Shingletown, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

This was one of the most comfortable places I have ever slept. The beds are big and soft, the rooms are very clean and they don't run out of breakfast items, keeping things out until closing time. It is not as close as you might think to Disneyland. Walking time between 20 and 30 mins. Google maps shows about 2 blocks, not true. After the 1st day, we bought the all day bus pass at the front desk for $4 for adults and $1.50 for kids. It stops at the hotel right next door. The front desk folks were very kind and always helpful. We got to the front desk 3 hrs. before check-in, 3pm, and they let us use the pool until our room was ready. We were very happy with our stay here.

Room Tip: all rooms seem to be quiet, but be aware that about 6:30am folks are moving about back and forth to...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank forefrnite
Grand Junction, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

We have been to Disneyland a couple of times in 10 years. Had 3 families with kids ranging in ages 8-18 so we chose this hotel due to reviews saying it was an easy walk to/from the park.

Positive points = That is true, the walk is probably a mile and was easily done each morning. By the end of the day we did use the A.R.T. bus to get home and that was fine. The rooms were clean and the queen beds are comfortable even for people with back issues.

Negative points = We have stayed at several Comfort Inn hotels and this one was definately a disappointment. The grounds were poorly kept. The pool and hot tub were not clean, as a matter of fact the hot tub had green foam? We all felt bad for the ladies running the breakfast area as people were taking way more than the "average meal" and it was difficult for them to keep food stocked.

3 years ago we stayed at the Ayers Inn in Anaheim, it's further away but if you have a car I would recommend that hotel over this one. If you need a cheap place, this will probably do but a little lower quality than the other Comfort Inns we have stayed at.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family