This hotel was incredibly dirty, and felt very unsafe. We stayed here for a few nights, and during that time observed some interesting things in regards to housekeeping. When the housekeepers would come to work, many would bring their significant others to work with them.
These people would hang around outside by the pool, on benches by the front office, and picnic tables located outside the breakfast room. Whats more.. they would sit around and stare at guests as they came and went. This particularly irritated me when I noticed them ogling my wife and daughters.
And it wasn't just during the day.. These scumbags were hanging around at 1:00 in the morning just staring at everyone as they were getting out of their cars. There is no security, and it's very evident. If you park on the backside of the hotel by the restaurant, be VERY careful. There's not much parking, so if you get back to the hotel late, you WILL have to park there.
One evening I was emptying out the back of the car, and my wife and I noticed someone lurking around in the shadows. When he saw us removing luggage etc. He sat under a tree and started watching us. It was such an uneasy feeling that we got, we moved the car to the other side of the hotel and parked in an area that was not even a designated parking space.
As for the cleanliness, it's what you would typically expect in a cheap hotel. Clipped toenails on the carpet.. smudges on the television sets and flat surfaces, and strange smells, and disgusting stained furniture. The walking surfaces outside are so filthy, you hate to even walk on them, and for sure don't want to set your luggage down on them. I wouldn't let my kids swim in the dirty and cloudy looking pool, for fear that they would get ear infections.
The continental breakfast was cut and dry, but not the worst I've ever seen. The office staff I dealt with on the dates we stayed (7-15 through 7-18) were very nice and professional. If it weren't for them, I would have absolutely nothing good to say about this hotel.
I learned my lesson, and am willing to pay double the price next time to stay at a place where my family will be safe. It's true, you absolutely get what you pay for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stanford Inn & Suites is conveniently located 3 blocks away from Disneyland, California Adventure, and Downtown Disney (1 mile south). We are also within walking distance of the Anaheim Convention Center, restaurants and shopping centers. Nearby Attractions include Newport Beach, Angel's Stadium and Knott's Berry Farm. We offer complimentary hot breakfast daily, heated pool and spa, free parking (No trucks), guest laundry, free wi-fi, free newspaper, fitness center, local restaurant discounts, guest computer (with free printing) & domestic faxes. Discounted Disneyland Resort tickets and Anaheim Resort Transportation (ART) tickets are sold at the front desk for a nominal fee. Stanford Inn & Suites is located in the heart of Anaheim and our rooms are 100% smoke free & pet free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Stanford Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Maingate Hotel Anaheim
- Anaheim Comfort Inn
- Stanford Inn & Suites Anaheim, California