“Exceeded our expectations”

Stanford Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Our family of five stayed 6 nights. Our room was very clean and nicely decorated. I loved the separate/attached bunkbed room for the two younger kids, decorated with disney bedding and decor. They were in heaven! The beds were fantastic (I've heard some people complain, but we all thought they were fabulous and we slept great) and the bedding was either brand new or very well maintained. The staff, from front desk to maids to groundskeepers and workmen were very friendly and accommodating. The ladies working the breakfast area were amazing! They kept everything stocked and cleaned, swooping in to clean tables as soon as a family left. Breakfast doesn't open til 7 on weekdays, so if you want to do early entry on a day the park opens at 8, you'll need to plan accordingly and do your own food. (They do have fridges and microwaves if you want to start extra early or bring your own things). Hotel breakfast consisted of 3 types cold cereal, hot scrambled eggs and sausage, juices, milk, waffle maker, toast, donuts and yogurt. Our first day we walked to the park; it was just over 30 minutes for us (kids are 17, 8, and 7) to get to the front gate. The walk back was LONG. We ended up getting ART shuttle passes the rest of the time. The shuttle saved our legs, but was inconsistent. It is supposed to be every 20 minutes, but once we saw it go by again after 10 minutes, and another time we waited 40 minutes. Ugh. If you plan on using laundry (we did), note that there are only two washers and two dryers, but they are a bargain at $1 each. The pool was very clean, hot tub very warm. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,286)

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I stayed here the last week in March while attending USA Spirit Nationals at the convention center. This motel is an older property, but nicely kept, and updated. Breakfast had several gluten free options: scrambled eggs, sausage links, yogurt, several juices, and milk. The king bed was a little firm for my liking, but the pillows were comfy. The pool area was nice. This motel is within walking distance to the convention center and Disneyland. And there are many restaurants within walking distance: Denny's, Outback Steakhouse, Del Taco, Red Robin, Joe's Crab Shack. The room was very clean. But not all that quiet. I heard muffled conversations in the room next door. The room I stayed in was on the 2nd floor facing the pool. I experienced the La Habra earthquake while in the room, and I felt safe. I recommend this place and would stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We don't normally stay at motels but this was clean quite and accommodated our family of 5 comfortably and breakfast was great and offered eggs fresh donuts and waffles which the kids loved. Bus to near by parka were just 1/2 block away and very convenient

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 3 April 2014

A great hotel for the price! Although it is an older property, the rooms have been updated and are very spacious and comfortable. The entire staff was wonderful - both friendly and very helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I booked this hotel because it had bunk beds and a full breakfast! It's not easy to find a hotel that is affordable and large enough for our family of 7. We were also able to get a government discount.We stayed for 6 days. When I first arrived, the outside look of the place looked like a budget motel but was happy once we saw our rooms. There were 2 queens in one room and a bunk bed in the other room. The bunk beds had mickey sheets and a blanket. The room was separated by a door with a glass window. I brought a pack n play for my infant. My kids liked their room because it had their own TV with more channels than we had at home. I was a little disappointed that they only offered a tiny bottle of shampoo for our family of 7 but was happy that the 2nd day one of the house keeping ladies gave us an extra. The shower head was awesome, it spewed a lot of water. The housekeeping staff do a wonderful job and are nice too. My daughter lost her shoe and I asked them for some help. The only thing about them that is hard to work with is they speak little English. The breakfast room can get really crowded and the food runs out sometimes. When you ask the breakfast crew to refill something they do. They also do a good job cleaning up after people when they left. One day they shut the breakfast room early and made the last batch of eggs/sausage 30 minutes before closing and when all the people ate it they said that was it. Btw, breakfast options are Sausage links/patties ( on different days), scrambled/pattie eggs, yoplait yogurt, bread for toast, powdered, chocolate and another kind of donut that I don't know the name for, instant oatmeal, fruit loops, frosted flakes, cheerios, orange juice, milk (2% and skim), apple juice, water, tea, coffee and blueberry/ regular waffles. Breakfast is 7 am to 9:30. I think on the weekends it's 6:30. Doesn't give you much time if you want to sleep in or go early to Disneyland. One day a door knob fell off and the maintenance man came and fixed it right away, he also fixed our remotes when they didn't seem to work. Didn't have time to use the pool because my kids got sick in the beginning of our trip. The pool also had a Jacuzzi. We used the laundry room once. It didn't have a quarter machine or soap dispensers. The office didn't have much in the morning but later that evening they had more quarters. You can buy laundry or whatever you need at Target which is close. I liked that they didn't charge extra for parking like other hotels but sometimes the spaces fill up in the main area so you have to use the back parking lot. They have this huge area reserved for buses in the main area. I think it would be better for the buses to go in the back parking lot because they take up so much room. My husband did not like his bed but they didn't seem to bother me as much as it bothered him. It was pretty quite most of the time. Occasionally you would hear loud people scream but they probably had to put up with my babies crying so it's all good. Behind our hotel looks like a low income apartment and people seem to hang out there at all times of the day but they haven't been bothersome.They have a smoking area next to the gym/laundry area that has a table and chairs. There are signs all over the property that says Please don't smoke due to Children being present. My neighbor would smoke outside of his room everyday. His smoke would come into our a/c unit and go into our room so I was not happy about that. Going the opposite way from Disneyland on Harbor Blvd is a good Chinese buffet restaurant. I think it had the word Harbor in it's name.We also bought food to make lunches with to bring with us into Disneyland at the grocery store called El Super. Walking to Disneyland is doable but hard after walking all day. If you don't use the shuttle and pay for the parking ticket make sure you have a collapsible stroller or you will have to walk even though you paid for your parking ticket and it's not close. There are hotels that are in front of Disneyland entrance that offer to let you park in their lot for less than the Disneyland parking lot. I saw one for 8 dollars and the Disneyland parking lot is 16. One more thing about the property, their map that they give you is confusing. I think it was written wrong.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank bigbuggie5
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel while on a 2 day trip to Disneyland with a friend. Check in was smooth and our room was ready when we got there. Clean room with all the necessary amenities. Added bonus is that parking is free, wifi is free and breakfast is included. Breakfast was better than your typical free breakfast that included sausage and egg patties, make your own waffles, cereal, toast, donuts, juice. Would stay again!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Myself, daughter and 4 grandkids spent time going to Disneyland. It is older but large and clean (we had the suite w/bunk bed in separate room. Breakfast was really stocked well entire time.
We had to call office regarding noise one evening. It was taken care of. We were on back side with street that had loud music in cars- ask for a room in the front .
All in all-in- we got a good price and was worth it- Good customer Service.

Room Tip: Ask for room in front-end probably quieter.