“great value”

Stanford Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Great value on the 2 bedroom/2 bath suite. My teenagers loved the bunk beds with Mickey Mouse bedspreads and having their own bathroom. The staff was nice, the place was clean and well maintained, and the breakfast was fine, with sausage available alongside cereal and yogurt. Short driving distance to Disneyland, though there is a shuttle you can use all day for 5$. Would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank Kate B
Write a ReviewReviews (2,279)

Reviewed 24 July 2014

stayed for 7 nights during school holidays and this place offered excellent rates for a 1 bathroom suite that could easily accommodate larger families like mine. Kids ecstatic to have their own room with tv and mini table decorated with disney characters. They thought they were staying in disneyland! Suites have been recently updated and the hotel provided everything we needed.

Positives - great location (walk to disneyland, shops and nearby eateries), free wifi, excellent clean motel style rooms, updated bathroom, friendly helpful staff, excellent free breakfast with hot and cold items and fresh fruit, nice pool area, guest laundry, free parking (lots in this area so close to disney don't), fridge in room, quiet AC

Negatives - Kettle in room would be nice. Breakfasts are small but much larger than many we have been to and they expanding the outdoor area whilst we were there.

Room Tip: get a room away from ground floor breakfast area as it is pretty busy early in the mornings.
2  Thank roxy392
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed here for three nights and had a great experience. The rooms were large, clean, and the beds were comfortable. I was impressed that their cribs were fully sheeted and they even had Disney pillows and blankets to go with it. We had stayed at a different hotel the night before and the crib was just a mattress. The staff was friendly and allowed us to check in early even though the hotel was fully booked. The breakfast each morning was awesome and they had a lot to choose from (eggs, sausage, cereal, waffles, yogurt, fruit, donuts, etc). They had discounted ART bus tickets for sale in the lobby (a must if you're shuttling to the parks). I would recommend asking for a room in the back of the hotel by the pool since they are further from the street and quieter. There are a lot of restaurants nearby, within walking distance, if you don't want to eat at Disney. We will definitely be returning here in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the road, towards the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Weheartpugs
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Very nice hotel, good breakfast, very kind staff, comfartable with quite big room. It is close to the parks. It's a good choice if you want to get to the park very soon e come back at the ent of the show.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Vizz3d
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed at this motel in July of 2014. We selected it primarily for price as well as for the child's bunk bed room. Somehow I got confused and thought there was a separate parents' room, but it's a separate bunk bed room for the kids, not for the grownups. The grownups get to share a queen bed in the main room with another queen bed with more kids. What it really needs is some rooms with a king bed and a couch in the main room and two sets of bunk beds in the kids' room. Now that would be awesome.

The hotel is clean, yet I wasn't sure about the cleanliness of the carpet. My feet seemed to stick ever so slightly to the carpets when I walked, so I always made sure to wear socks/flip flops/shoes when walking around. I don't know if it was just dirty, or if the stickiness was due to the humidity? The linens, towels, bedding, etc., was all clean and satisfactory. The tile in the bathroom was beautiful, yet the wallpaper was dirty/had some mold spots in a few places. The door knob to the bathroom was falling a part. The granite counter for the sink was pretty. The water took a while to cool off/heat up to the sink. The light to the vanity took quite a while (a minute?) to turn on in the mornings. That was weird. While we were there, a pipe broke in one of the rooms, so the water had to be shut off to some/all? the rooms in the motel. We were ready to bathe the sweat off after a long day at Disney, but had to wait until the water came back on, once it came on, we had no hot water in both sink and tub. I called and they said they'd check it out. No one called back/came over to check it out/tell me it was fixed, but after about an hour I tried the hot water again and it was working. Another weird thing about the bathroom area is that the soap/shampoo/lotions don't match. That's fine and all, I just thought it was kind of weird that they were all different. The soap is cheap. We'd use it a few times and it would break in half. One day the cleaning lady removed all the soap (broken pieces) and didn't leave any new. Maybe she was in a hurry and forgot? The drains were also slow in the sink and tub.

When we arrived at the hotel, I noticed the door to the kids' room was REALLY squeaky --- Squeaky enough that I worried I'd wake the kids up when opening the door when I went to check on them at night. I called on that, and shortly, they had a nice man up there with some WD-40.

I believe some of the high chairs in the eating area were IKEA. I also wondered if the dressers and headboards were IKEA in the room. It was cute and looked fine now, but wonder how long it will hold up! The microwave, tv's, and fridge were brands I'd never heard of, which is fine, I buy off brands frequently enough, but I wondered about the quality! The spinner plate in the microwave never seemed to fit and would bang on the microwave door every time it spun around.

One day I had a sleeping 2-year old in a stroller and was attempting to take her up the stairs to our room. A kind worker told me to wait and that he'd come back and help me. It was very thoughtful of him, and helped a lot. I felt the maintenance people were very good and thoughtful.

Breakfast. Breakfast was super crowded if you didn't go early. It was even more crowded Saturday morning. The variety was a bit slim (no bagels, no muffins, same hot foods every day: eggs, sausage; only bananas for a fruit option). There were yogurts, instant oatmeal, Cheerios, and Fruit Loops. I was impressed that there were two types of waffle batter: regular and blueberry and two types of waffle irons, four minis (good for kids), or the one large one. The breakfast ladies seemed a bit flustered with all the people and all the craziness. I do wish they'd start breakfast earlier than 7:00 a.m. because we felt rushed trying to feed all of us between 7 and 7:30 to be able to catch the ART bus around 7:30.

In summary, they stay was fine, and even though it was mostly clean, and I think they're always fixing the place up and adding new, nice things, it just wasn't quite there --- some of the nuts and bolts seem to be missing. I guess I've been spoiled by a bit nicer places. I won't say don't stay there, especially if you get a good deal, but just know it's not all the luxury and special treatment that is Disney.

2  Thank embeyfar
Reviewed 18 July 2014

That room was awesome and very lovely!!
Also staff was super kind and outside and inside are very clean.My kids love that place cause they have an own kids room with bunk bed which is very good idea.It was perfect for our family vacation this time. we enjoyed hot breakfast as well.
Super nice service !!!

Room Tip: The room with kids room
3  Thank ke4689
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The rooms were very clean and comfy. What we really enjoyed was the hot breakfast. It was very good and the employees would never let the pans go empty. It was perfect for our family vacation. They were very accommodating. We needed a handicap room and they were great. Excellent service!!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel