“Super friendly staff, very clean, and family friendly hotel!”

Desert Palms Hotel & Suites
Ranked #22 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Our family of 4 injoyed our stay. The very friendly staff answered questions when we had them. The suite we were in was very clean and roomy. Also very convenient with microwave and mini fridge. Perfect for warming and storing bottles for my 9 month old son. And leftover dinner from the night before. I was also impressed with their breakfast, it was a great fresh selection of different things you could pick from. That was perfect for my picky 2 year old daughter! Overall we had a wonderful stay and a great time!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank jiill
Write a ReviewReviews (2,055)

Reviewed 15 March 2013

We stayed in a queen room for 4 nights and just checked out a couple of days ago. The hotel needs some renovations. The beds were nice, but there is an ugly orange color on the door to the room and one of the walls. The room we were put in was facing Katella and the noise was so loud at night it sounded like the window was open. Also, we came back to rest during a long day at the park one day and a man (I'm guessing part of housekeeping) was knocking on every door on our floor. We could hear vacuum cleaners, but I'm not sure what they were doing. It was late in the afternoon. The next day we asked to be moved to the back of the hotel and the staff moved our belongings while we were at Disneyland which was nice because we didn't have to go back and do it ourselves. It was a lot quieter in the back of the hotel. The only issue we had in the second room was that we were on the 2nd floor and the main elevators don't go to the second floor for some reason. So we had to go to the 1st floor and take a the main elevators to the 5th floor for breakfast. Breakfast was great. They had a variety of items everyday of our stay. All in all it was a decent stay for the price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel, but not on the second floor.
Reviewed 15 March 2013

first impressions of hotel were great, the staff at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. the rooms were clean and inviting, the breakfast was great a lot of options, the sandbox bar and grill had great food and the portions were a lot bigger than expected. the food was also priced very well. we were a little disappointed that we did not get to enjoy your pool as it was under construction, but no big deal. I do want to state that this was our very first family trip, and it was our very first time ever going to Disneyland. we enjoyed it so much that we are planning on returning sometime this November. based on our experience with your Hotel, I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else..

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank VANESSA K
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We recently stayed at this Hotel for our trip to Disneyland. We stayed in a one bedroom suite that included the frig, microwave and living roonm with sofa sleeper. The sofa sleeper was in poor condition, very uncomfortable and I felt badly for my daughter and son-in-law. The queen beds were average, sheets seemed older. The bathroom was a good size but towels were very thin and seemed older also. It was really nice having the refrigerator for water and my grandson snacks. We did not use the microwave or the stove. The TV was newer which was nice. We did have a suite that was located right next to the elevator which was good but really bad for noise. We were on the 3rd floor and the upstairs was noisy also. Staff seemed really friendly though. We tried to have dinner at their restaurant but they had to close due to some problem with the kitchen. The server was really friendly and suggested several places down the street, which included a lot of really good restaurants, which we decidedly on Cheescake Factory and the food was GREAT! Service was wonderful. I would recommend this Hotel to families due to the price, convenience of location to Disneyland, pool (the kids there seemed to LOVE it) and the breakfast in the morning (but expect long lines if you are not there very early).

Reviewed 14 March 2013

My first stay and I will surely come back again! Hotel is clean, rooms are nice and the hotel staff is great! I have always left a small note in the morning to thank the cleaning staff. It wasn't until last week, at this hotel, that I received a response back - nice!! Location is close to convention center. Convenient store right next door. Walking distance to many restaurants. I appreciated the morning breakfast adding some different options each day.

Room Tip: Depending on how much time you plan to stay - check out room options. Some have small accomodations...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jane M K
Reviewed 13 March 2013

This was our first time staying at the Desert Palms. Overall an enjoyable experience and I would recommend it to future Disneyland travelers. The one drawback would be how busy the breakfast room is in the morning, the line would backup up quite a bit and often they'd be out of stuff and not have in refilled quick enough. The breakfast room looks limited in seating but there is a deck outside with table and chairs with umbrellas which was nice. Options for breakfast are limited and so we only ate there a few times and did character breakfasts the other days.

When we first checked in we were bumped up to a family suite that had a separate room with a bunkbed and TV. My son loved this! It was nice for him to play with his toys while we got ready for the parks each morning. Thankfully we were on the first floor and didn't have to deal with elevators except when going to the breakfast room. The room overall was clean and nice. Plenty of closet space and a nice shelf area with the fridge and microwave. Safe was in the closet and uses a key, which I didn't like because you have to keep track of the key with you. I prefer a safe that has a code locking system. Lots of sink space. Towels are a bit thin. The carpet was stained though so that was the one problem I had with the room, made me wonder exactly how clean the floor was so I kept all our stuff up off the ground. Beds were adequate but nothing great. Rooms are very narrow so even in the suite don't expect a whole lot of room. There was more room in the separate room with bunkbeds. My parents had a standard king room and they said the room was very small and no shelf with the fridge and microwave. Really friendly staff and they were very helpful. The walk was only about 10 minutes and wasn't a big deal since our son was in the stroller.

I'd rate this an average hotel. FYI, used a central air conditioning which was nice and quiet and could be adjusted as needed.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2013

The Borrego Suite was perfect for our trip! We had 4 adults and two children and had plenty of space for everyone.The tv room was a great addition as well as the mini fridge and microwave! I have an infant and would have been in big trouble without it!! The staff was super friendly and helpful, even the house keepers were great help! The complex was clean and safe. The restaurant had GREAT food and good pricing.The extra bonus was the free breakfast. They had eggs, sausage, cereal, burritos everything that would suit anyone! I would definitaly stay there again as well as recommend it to friends.