Desert Palms Hotel & Suites
  • Restaurant
US$120
US$114
US$155
Kings Inn Anaheim(Anaheim)(Great Value!)
US$114
Anaheim Marriott(Anaheim)(Great Value!)
US$184
  • Restaurant
US$141
US$130
Four Points by Sheraton Anaheim(Anaheim)(Great Value!)
US$144
HolidayInn.com
US$485
Orbitz.com
2,087 results
All reviewsborrego suitewafflesfree parkingminute walkfree breakfastcottage cheesekids suitebunk bedswithin walking distanceright next doorfront desk staffhot breakfastbreakfast roomacross the streetgreat place to stayseparate roomafter a long day
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Had family from outside the country to stay near Disneyland and we couldn't be more pleased. This hotel was more then we asked for. Great location, Great Employees attending to all our needs, everything is around and walking distance from here. I would live here. If you decide to stay here ask for Manager-Jessica Lizardi, she is the best and will make ur stay feel like a blessing.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank stephanie c
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Location is very good!

Hotel overal is acceptable.

Recomend as good hotel near Disney Parks in CA!!

Breakfest not good at all.
It is better to find other place to breakfest!!

Good thing is not worry about transportation or shuttle to the parks.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We spent three days in the hotel in early October.

OK part
- Location was really good, Disneyland is a few minutes walk away.
- Pool was rather small, but the water was warm and the kids enjoyed it

Bad part.
- Bar/restaurant in the hotel is not really kid-friendly, only a few tables, basic menu and rather loud TV in the background
- Breakfast at the hotel was poor as well, with some stuff (like oatmeal and fruit selection) finished by 9 am even though breakfast should be served till 10 am. Breakfast food selection was limited.
- I forgot my laundry quarters in our room on the table in the morning of the second day, and they were gone when we came back (with the cleaners, presumably, as nothing else was amiss)

Ruin-your-vacation part
There was an awful smell in our room in the second day of our visit. Reception explained that there was "tar work on the roof" and offered to have maintenance people to come to our room with air-refresheners. We said no to the air-refreshener and settled on the explanation as it was getting late, but come night, the smell was starting to disturb sleeping. As I went to complain to reception, I found out that there is only a night-shift person working after 11pm, with no knowledge/authority to do anything. In the morning both adults had a headache. On the third day the smell got even more overpowering and we were offered another room. The room we were given was a bit more spacious, but had the problem of a leaking fridge. There was a square meter of wet carpet in front of the fridge. That complaint went unaddressed. When we left the hotel, we asked to be informed of the source of the smell, as the "tar work on the roof" did not really give out the same nauseating smell in the outside air, which our room had. Reception person took our inquiry, but explained in a bored manner "it's the tar". After we called the hotel (they did not call even though they promised) the response was "maintenance checked the room, the smell is tar". I'm still not 100% convinced that tar could be the cause of such smell.

Overall we got the impression that the hotel skimped on everything and the only selling point was the location. Not recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jussi T
Reviewed 10 November 2013

The hotel location is very good maybe a 5 minute walk to Disneyland or the shuttle picks up and drops off almost in front of the hotel. The shuttle is $5 per adult and $3 per child but that's for all day hop on and off cheaper to buy day ticket from hotel than on the bus per ride.
We stayed in a family suite with 4 queen beds and 2 bathrooms and found it to be very comfortable, the hotel is a bit tired and could do with a revamp to bring it up to its star rating, we didn't really stay in the room much so its not a huge problem.
The breakfast is very average and we ended up eating at the I Hop across the road even though it was free in the hotel, long waits and the food was very average.
All in all the location makes up for the shortfalls if Disney is your only real destination.
Staff were very good and friendly with advice.
Don't eat at Tony Romas opposite Disney entrance poor service and the food we couldn't eat

Room Tip: Ask for the family suite with the 4 queen beds on the 4th floor or you can get a suite with queen and bunk beds if your kids are smaller.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I spent about a month trying to decide which hotel to get for our latest family trip to Disneyland. I settled on the Desert Palms because I like the set up of their Borrego Suite (I have small kids and it allowed my husband and I a place to hide while they fell asleep).

Unfortunately, the weirdness started when we checked in. Parking is kind of ridiculous. There is a garage underneath. You get to take an elevator to the hotel lobby, then walk a little bit to another elevator to get up to the rooms. For some reason, I always turned the wrong way to get to the second elevator (not their fault just it was weird). Our first room was on the 5th floor. We exited the elevator and this horrible, acidic smell hit me. I spent to length of our stay attempting to discern what in the world that horrific smell was. I settled on stomach acid. Our room was not the set up of the Borrego Suite that was advertised on the internet and the smell was worse in the room. So, with 2 small kids who just want to be let loose after a 6 hour car ride, we had to go back to the lobby and get another room.

The second was on the 3rd floor. Thankfully the smell wasn't as bad and I didn't feel as nauseous. The room was set up as advertised, which was nice. The carpet in the hallway kept making me shake my head because it was similar to that on the Shining.

Breakfast was just sad, There was waffles, Wonderbread toast, 2 types of cereal (Fruit Loops and Cornflakes), yogurt, cottage cheese, apples, oranges, oatmeal and then the typical diarrhea inducing buffet foods: fake scrambled eggs that are still gooey, "meat" I guess we could call it sausage and biscuits. Oh and there were mini muffins and donuts of strange textures. It ranks the lowest on my list of hotel breakfasts. My biggest complaint? More fruit. Why not a banana?

So overall, the hotel was meh. My husband and I both agreed that the room set up was excellent. It was very clean and housekeeping was excellent. But I am leery about staying again because of the other rooms they label as the Borrego Suite and I don't want to get stuck with that one. The Wifi was ridiculously slow and difficult to access. The smell which permeated all of the 5th floor (where breakfast was so every morning I got another whiff) was nice enough to provide me with a headache every day. The placement of the hotel made for an easy walk to Disneyland. The vagrants who hang out at the 7-11 at night really add some spice to the walk. I especially liked that our window looked out of the alley by the 7-11 and I got to watch a drug transaction, someone drinking, and then multiple people urinating. I was briefly sad it occurred at night so my whole family couldn't experience the soap opera alley.

We will not be returning to this hotel. The smell is one of the biggest offenses. My concern about the differing hotel room set ups also make me hesitate. The lackluster breakfast and excellent alleyway views really solidified this decision. Thanks Desert Palms, but we are going to pass next time

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family