We had originally booked a Holiday Inn in the area and the room was too small. Our travel agent was able to book us into the Desert Palms at the last minute without any additional fees.
The lobby area was large, clean and comfortable. My wife and two teenaged children were assigned to a Kalahari Suite. It's pretty much two rooms put together. The door from the hall leads into a bedroom with two beds. (not sure if they were doubles or queens). The other bedroom was the same setup but was separated from the first room by a large vanity area with two sinks. There were two bathroom with shower/tubs in the same vanity area.
Our room had a view of the back of Cars Land and we could also see the ferris wheel and California Screamin'.
The room was large and clean with decent towels. The front desk staff and other staff were friendly and helpful. I did not hear noise from other guests or rooms during our stay. It was quite peaceful and quiet when we were relaxing in our room.
The breakfast is a buffet served on the fifth floor. They have waffle makers, scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy, Hostess type donuts, pastries, toast, cottage cheese, yogurt, fruit, oatmeal and a variety of drinks. We always had enough food in our bellies to last until lunch time.
The walk to Disneyland was just under 15 minutes for us and we were happy not to have to rely on shuttle service.
The pool area was nice but surrounded by the building so I suspect there wasn't much sun to be had. We used the hot tub a couple of times and it was warm but not too hot. I guess that's because of all the kids running back and forth from the main pool.
I will try and book this place again the next time I go to Disneyland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Desert Palms Hotel and Suites is located in the heart of the Anaheim Resort. It is right on the corner of business and pleasure; located next door to the Disneyland Resort and across the street from the Anaheim Convention Center. Along with our spacious rooms and suites we offer Free Breakfast, Free Parking, and a Free Hot Breakfast Buffet. All rooms and suites come equipped with a microwave, mini-fridge and coffee maker. You are sure to find the perfect place for your family vacation at the Desert Palms Hotel. Our room offering start with the Deluxe Room, which offers 2 queen beds and continues with a number of different suites. Our Borrego Suites offers a sunken living room with sofa sleeper for up to 6 people. Our Yuha Kids Suite offers a bunk bed for the kids! Our Sahara Condo Suite offers a full kitchen, perfect for longer stays. Our largest room, the Kalahari Family Suite sleeps up to 8 people with 2 private bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. There is something for everyone at the Desert Palms Hotel. Kids will have a blast at our arcade corner and even have their own special check in at our Kids Registration. In the lobby they can start the scavenger hunt to find our hidden Mickey and Minnie and receive a prize! Our lobby also features a photo kiosk, perfect for taking that family photo and uploading it straight to Facebook or Twitter. Choose the Desert Palms Hotel for your next Anaheim Vacation and Experience the Oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Desert Palms Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Palms Hotel And Suites
- Desert Palms Anaheim
- Desert Palms Hotel & Suites Anaheim, California
- Desert Palms Hotel Anaheim