We stayed here for 5 nights while visiting disneyland. We stayed in the yuha suite that has the bunk beds for the kids. This is not luxury but adequate lodging. The design of this suite is very poor as there is a giant frosted window between the kids bunkbed room and the adult room so that if you put the kids to bed early (the whole point of this room) they cant get to sleep because of the light from the adult room. We found ourselves having to watch tv in the dark so the kids could sleep. However this was nothing compared to when a noisy family moved into the suite above us. It literally sounded like a bowling ball was being tossed around above us. Im sure the kids were jumping around on the bunkbeds and slamming the door. This is when you get an idea how THIN the walls are. When we called to complain the front desk told us both nights that there was nothing they could do until 10pm (quiet time) since my kids are little and go to bed at 8 this was not helpful at all. She was very rude and even told me that I couldn't expect children who were coming back from disneyland "all wired to be quiet" her words exactly. I thought that strange because my children had come back from disneyland and could still behave in an appropriate manner and since when did slamming doors and jumping off bunkbeds become expected behavior? My daughter was scared and kept coming out of her bed to ask what the "bombs" were. After 2 nights of complaining we were moved to the top floor and it was so much better. However it took 2 sleepless nights to get there so i'm not sure it was worth it. When you pay all the money to fly and go to disneyland, i would suggest paying a little more and staying somewhere quiet. It was no fun when we were in the park and the kids were tired and cranky because of the noise the night before.
The included breakfast was plentiful but totally what you'd expect from a free breakfast. Lots of processed food very little fresh food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Desert Palms Hotel and Suites is located in the heart of the Anaheim Resort. It is right on the corner of business and pleasure; located next door to the Disneyland Resort and across the street from the Anaheim Convention Center. Along with our spacious rooms and suites we offer Free Breakfast, Free Parking, and a Free Hot Breakfast Buffet. All rooms and suites come equipped with a microwave, mini-fridge and coffee maker. You are sure to find the perfect place for your family vacation at the Desert Palms Hotel. Our room offering start with the Deluxe Room, which offers 2 queen beds and continues with a number of different suites. Our Borrego Suites offers a sunken living room with sofa sleeper for up to 6 people. Our Yuha Kids Suite offers a bunk bed for the kids! Our Sahara Condo Suite offers a full kitchen, perfect for longer stays. Our largest room, the Kalahari Family Suite sleeps up to 8 people with 2 private bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. There is something for everyone at the Desert Palms Hotel. Kids will have a blast at our arcade corner and even have their own special check in at our Kids Registration. In the lobby they can start the scavenger hunt to find our hidden Mickey and Minnie and receive a prize! Our lobby also features a photo kiosk, perfect for taking that family photo and uploading it straight to Facebook or Twitter. Choose the Desert Palms Hotel for your next Anaheim Vacation and Experience the Oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Desert Palms Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Palms Hotel And Suites
- Desert Palms Anaheim
- Desert Palms Hotel & Suites Anaheim, California
- Desert Palms Hotel Anaheim