My family and I stayed at the Desert palms in April. We have two boys aged 12 & 13 and booked the Yuha suite to give us more room.
The room however was not as big as we had thought, it is long and skinny, the main bedroom had very little room around the bed with one bedside table not sitting beside the bed as the wall jutted out. Perhaps if a queen size bed was in the room you would have more space.. A dresser was provided for clothes and the tv stood on top. The space between the King bed and the dresser was limited. The bed was very comfortable. This part of the room was also quite dark as all the light came in the far end room , because of the doorway between the childrens room and the main room the natural light did not make it all the way through. The bunk beds in the childrens room were fantastic and they also had a lounge chair to sit on. Both rooms had Tv sets. The decor could probably use a spruce up but really that is a very minor thing.
The bathroom and rooms were clean and tidy. The service from all the staff at the hotel was wonderful and they were very helpful. Breakfast was fine with plenty of seating and a good choice of food.
The hotel pool was heated and my boys made good use of this.
The location of the hotel is great, and within easy walking distance of resturants,takeaways and about a 10-15 minute walk to disneyland. A seven11 is located right next door which was excellent. Our tour busess had stops close to the hotel. This caught us out as we expected them to pick up at the hotel but this was not the case they all go to a designated bus stop close by, so you may want to double check with your tour operator.
A very pleasant stay and we would definately reccommend this hotel to our friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Desert Palms Hotel and Suites is located in the heart of the Anaheim Resort. It is right on the corner of business and pleasure; located next door to the Disneyland Resort and across the street from the Anaheim Convention Center. Along with our spacious rooms and suites we offer Free Breakfast, Free Parking, and a Free Hot Breakfast Buffet. All rooms and suites come equipped with a microwave, mini-fridge and coffee maker. You are sure to find the perfect place for your family vacation at the Desert Palms Hotel. Our room offering start with the Deluxe Room, which offers 2 queen beds and continues with a number of different suites. Our Borrego Suites offers a sunken living room with sofa sleeper for up to 6 people. Our Yuha Kids Suite offers a bunk bed for the kids! Our Sahara Condo Suite offers a full kitchen, perfect for longer stays. Our largest room, the Kalahari Family Suite sleeps up to 8 people with 2 private bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. There is something for everyone at the Desert Palms Hotel. Kids will have a blast at our arcade corner and even have their own special check in at our Kids Registration. In the lobby they can start the scavenger hunt to find our hidden Mickey and Minnie and receive a prize! Our lobby also features a photo kiosk, perfect for taking that family photo and uploading it straight to Facebook or Twitter. Choose the Desert Palms Hotel for your next Anaheim Vacation and Experience the Oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Desert Palms Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Palms Hotel And Suites
- Desert Palms Anaheim
- Desert Palms Hotel & Suites Anaheim, California
- Desert Palms Hotel Anaheim