My family and I booked Five Days/Six Nights at The Desert Palms in Anaheim, we made our decision mostly on location. It is relatively close to Disneyland (probably about a 5-10 minute walk to the turnstiles), and very central to a lot of restaurants.
When we arrived and checked in, One of the staff at the desk (Sam!) asked us if we wanted to upgrade to larger room with a better view of the fireworks, and we did want that, so he upgraded us to the better room at no cost. Throughout our entire stay the entire staff was great, especially Sam, who was amazing. (Say Hi to him if you stay there, you can't miss him!)
The breakfast buffet was different every other day ( First day was Biscuits & Gravy, Eggs with ham. Second day was Eggs, Sausage and diced potatoes.) It switched every day, but only those two options. In addition to this there were fresh oranges, doughnuts and toast, as well as Orange Juice and Grapefruit juice.
The exercise room was adequate and clean, and had an amazing view. The only real downsides were the pool (which was a little smaller than I would have liked, although it was clean) and the internet, which while free was very sluggish.
The cleaning staff was very good, almost too good, as they put away the pull out couch beds every morning. Was slightly annoying, but it was clean :). Always 6 clean towels, three towelettes and two face towels.
The parking was very reasonable, although I suspect this was because we were at the end of the vacation season.
All in all, Good Hotel, Absolutely Incredible staff. (Especially Sam).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Desert Palms Hotel and Suites is located in the heart of the Anaheim Resort. It is right on the corner of business and pleasure; located next door to the Disneyland Resort and across the street from the Anaheim Convention Center. Along with our spacious rooms and suites we offer Free Breakfast, Free Parking, and a Free Hot Breakfast Buffet. All rooms and suites come equipped with a microwave, mini-fridge and coffee maker. You are sure to find the perfect place for your family vacation at the Desert Palms Hotel. Our room offering start with the Deluxe Room, which offers 2 queen beds and continues with a number of different suites. Our Borrego Suites offers a sunken living room with sofa sleeper for up to 6 people. Our Yuha Kids Suite offers a bunk bed for the kids! Our Sahara Condo Suite offers a full kitchen, perfect for longer stays. Our largest room, the Kalahari Family Suite sleeps up to 8 people with 2 private bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. There is something for everyone at the Desert Palms Hotel. Kids will have a blast at our arcade corner and even have their own special check in at our Kids Registration. In the lobby they can start the scavenger hunt to find our hidden Mickey and Minnie and receive a prize! Our lobby also features a photo kiosk, perfect for taking that family photo and uploading it straight to Facebook or Twitter. Choose the Desert Palms Hotel for your next Anaheim Vacation and Experience the Oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Desert Palms Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Palms Hotel And Suites
- Desert Palms Anaheim
- Desert Palms Hotel & Suites Anaheim, California
- Desert Palms Hotel Anaheim