I booked the Desert Palms because as a woman traveling aIone with a kid, I wanted a complimentary breakfast, pool, and interior corridors. This is a great location, close to the parks and at a busy intersection, yet quiet, which is a combination that is hard to come by.
I had asked for a quiet location and was surprised to see that my room, 226, was directly across the hall from a soda machine. But it faced a wall (odd) with the pool below, and it was, indeed, quiet! We were able to sleep safely with the window open.
The room did seem a little worn (bedspreads) but we found the beds comfortable (firm). There were a couple of quirks; 2 office-type chairs (?), no mirror in the room, and an odd add-on closet door rather than the open closet typical for a hotel room of this vintage. I did wipe down the bathroom door jamb when I got it the room as it looked grubby, and it cleaned up so obviously it was. But the daily housekeeping service was super.
The breakfast was better than nothing, at least it got you started. The kids loved it because there were lots of carbs in the form of sweet cereal and 3 kinds of donuts. As others have indicated, the hot entree changes from scrambled eggs, potatoes and sausage patties one day to biscuits and gravy (no meat) and scrambled eggs the next. As for fruit, oranges only, juice is OJ or grapefruit. There is oatmeal but it is yuck. Bread is the cheapest supermarket white and wheat. But next door is a 7-11, and next to it an ABC Market, so you can supplement with yogurt and fresh fruit easily. Prices at ABC are cheaper.
The pool is small and only 5 feet deep. It is outdoor, but protected by walls on all sides so it is not affected by winds and is cleaned well each day. And a hot tub. Perfectly adequate.
A quick walk to Disney, under 10 minutes. Strip mall across the street with quick and cheap choices; Subway, Chinese, Mexican.
I paid an average of $80.00 a night, knew about the resort fee, and had the safe fee removed when I checked out. I experienced NO up-sell.
I would stay here again, wouldn't even bother to check other properties.
It was perfect for my needs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Desert Palms Hotel and Suites is located in the heart of the Anaheim Resort. It is right on the corner of business and pleasure; located next door to the Disneyland Resort and across the street from the Anaheim Convention Center. Along with our spacious rooms and suites we offer Free Breakfast, Free Parking, and a Free Hot Breakfast Buffet. All rooms and suites come equipped with a microwave, mini-fridge and coffee maker. You are sure to find the perfect place for your family vacation at the Desert Palms Hotel. Our room offering start with the Deluxe Room, which offers 2 queen beds and continues with a number of different suites. Our Borrego Suites offers a sunken living room with sofa sleeper for up to 6 people. Our Yuha Kids Suite offers a bunk bed for the kids! Our Sahara Condo Suite offers a full kitchen, perfect for longer stays. Our largest room, the Kalahari Family Suite sleeps up to 8 people with 2 private bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. There is something for everyone at the Desert Palms Hotel. Kids will have a blast at our arcade corner and even have their own special check in at our Kids Registration. In the lobby they can start the scavenger hunt to find our hidden Mickey and Minnie and receive a prize! Our lobby also features a photo kiosk, perfect for taking that family photo and uploading it straight to Facebook or Twitter. Choose the Desert Palms Hotel for your next Anaheim Vacation and Experience the Oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Desert Palms Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Palms Hotel And Suites
- Desert Palms Anaheim
- Desert Palms Hotel & Suites Anaheim, California
- Desert Palms Hotel Anaheim