This was the WORST place I've ever stayed. Let me tell you a little about my family/vacation plans -
Wanted a fun vacation with a decent hotel to shower/sleep/close to Disneyland
2 year old and 7 year old child
Wanted to spend a decent amount of money (not as much as the Resort hotels charge, because last year we stayed at Disneyland and found we only slept and showered there, so we didn't need an expensive hotel. Boy was I wrong.)
To be fair, below is listed the good items.
7-11 next door
So, our story begins with us being to late to score a $75 military voucher for the deluxe rooms, or a voucher to get a suite for $139.00. The hotel had "already given away all of the voucher rooms." We were getting the deluxe room for $132.00 a night. When we arrived, my husband asked for a free upgrade - big mistake! The lady "upgraded us" we ended up in a room next to an exit door that was being slammed all night long. It was also located next to the smoke pit, which could be smelled inside the room. Finally, it was so small, we had to stand single file in order to get out of the room.
After two nights, I was fed up, so my husband complained and they upgraded us to a suite for the same price.
So, we walk into the suite - refreshing, until we go to the bathroom and turn on the light. It sounds like an airplane taking off - the whole time its on!
The first night in the suite my 2 year old screamed out in his sleep, "what is that noise." It felt like the hotel was vibrating. I searched around and guess what it was? There was a delivery truck at the 7-11 next door unloading goods. (Think a loud semi) On the last night we were there (the night we would get to sleep in because we didn't have to go to Disneyland) there was a sign on the elevator saying there would be an elevator test between 7 and 9 a.m. that might cause the fire alarm to go off and not to be alarmed.
Around 6 a.m. I didn't hear a fire alarm, but I did hear a sound that sounded like "dong" over and over for around 5 minutes. Talk about fired up!
The hotels breakfast is a joke - nasty!
Pool is located in the middle of the building, no sunlight except for an hour or two and is Freezing! No heater for the pool!
Even the coffee is disguisting - save your time and go to the 7-11 next door.
Finally, the location is NOT close to Disney. It is at least 1/2 mile away. This is a long walk when you want to come home for lunch/at night when you are tired. Do yourself a favor and get one of the cheap hotels closer to the gate. This hotel was a nightmare!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Desert Palms Hotel and Suites is located in the heart of the Anaheim Resort. It is right on the corner of business and pleasure; located next door to the Disneyland Resort and across the street from the Anaheim Convention Center. Along with our spacious rooms and suites we offer Free Breakfast, Free Parking, and a Free Hot Breakfast Buffet. All rooms and suites come equipped with a microwave, mini-fridge and coffee maker. You are sure to find the perfect place for your family vacation at the Desert Palms Hotel. Our room offering start with the Deluxe Room, which offers 2 queen beds and continues with a number of different suites. Our Borrego Suites offers a sunken living room with sofa sleeper for up to 6 people. Our Yuha Kids Suite offers a bunk bed for the kids! Our Sahara Condo Suite offers a full kitchen, perfect for longer stays. Our largest room, the Kalahari Family Suite sleeps up to 8 people with 2 private bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. There is something for everyone at the Desert Palms Hotel. Kids will have a blast at our arcade corner and even have their own special check in at our Kids Registration. In the lobby they can start the scavenger hunt to find our hidden Mickey and Minnie and receive a prize! Our lobby also features a photo kiosk, perfect for taking that family photo and uploading it straight to Facebook or Twitter. Choose the Desert Palms Hotel for your next Anaheim Vacation and Experience the Oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Desert Palms Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Palms Hotel And Suites
- Desert Palms Anaheim
- Desert Palms Hotel & Suites Anaheim, California
- Desert Palms Hotel Anaheim