“Luxury”

Ranked #47 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Sacramento, California
“Luxury”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We were booking a last minute trip to Disneyland and got a great deal on a room here for Spring Break. Definite luxury compared to where we normally stay. Loved the Starbucks in the lobby as well as the food court. My daughter loved the pool and we took advantage of the warm Anaheim weather. Didn't like having to pay for parking or the long lines waiting at the elevators, but that's what you get staying at a place that is a Convention hub.

1 Thank HeatherMickey
HiltonAnaheim, Manager at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Dear HeatherMickey,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel here on trip advisor. We appreciate you feedback. Happy to hear you took advantage of some of our offerings here at the Hilton Anaheim. Starbucks is quite a popular spot and the pool is fast becoming a favorite. Thank you for understanding that because we are near the convention center once in a while we will have big crowds in our lobby, we are working on better, more efficient ways to regulate the crowd flow.

Thank you again for your review and we wish to have you back soon!!

Jennifer Sacks, Guest Satisfaction Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (827)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Disappointing stay - we were on our honeymoon and arrived in the middle of the cheerleaders convention which meant hoards of loud teenage girls crowding the hotel causing long lines everywhere and making for a very long wait for a lift. The cheerleaders were also making a lot of noise in the hotel corridors after midnight, leaving remnants of fast food outside their rooms at night. I understand the hotel needs to fill its rooms, but this type of event really doesn't do the hotel any favours in the long term. We were given a free upgrade at check-in, I wish we hadn't taken it in some ways - the room was a long walk from the elevators along corridors that clearly need their decoration/carpeting improved. The location isn't bad for Disney - from leaving the room it took us about 20 minutes to get to the gates of Disney walking with our 2 young kids. In retrospect I would have booked the Red Lion Hotel which is nearer to Disney and looks to have had a nice refit recently. After staying at the Hilton Bayside in San Diego the week before which was outstanding, modern and friendly, this hotel in Anaheim was a big disappointment. The only saving grace was the pool area which was pleasant and good for kids - saying that we didn't like the fact that some of the attendees from the retail convention taking place were smoking on the sun loungers next to ours at poolside. In a nutshell, if you have family, go elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank gilesb1973
HiltonAnaheim, Manager at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Dear gilesb1973,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Anaheim. Your kind words regarding our newly renovated pool area are certainly appreciated. We are happy to hear that you are a loyal Hilton guest.

Our apologies for the noise that occurred during your stay. You will be glad to hear that postings such as yours have allowed us to provide a solution. On days such as yours with the cheerleaders in house we have been opening the service elevators and guest representatives have helped direct our guests to them. As a result this alleviates any possible hectic elevator use we might have. As well as assist in noise control. We also would like to apologize for upgrading you to a room that wasn’t near an elevator. We do this in your best interest so that you can be away from any noise.

We would also like to suggest the Anaheim Resort Transit on your next stay to visit Disneyland. This is a shuttle that operates during the same time as the park. The shuttle picks up from right in front of the Hilton Anaheim and drops off near the Disneyland gates for a small fee.

The Hilton Anaheim would like to apologize for your disappointing stay. We would also like to thank you for posting your comments. It’s comments like yours that allow us to provide solutions to the matters that concern our guests. We certainly hope you will give the Hilton Anaheim a second chance. Thank you for choosing the Hilton Anaheim.

Napa, California
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We stayed here last minute for a trip to Disneyland at a great rate. It was a good option. It is right next to the convention center and it is a large hotel with 1500+ rooms. For our trip, the young cheerleaders were in town. This made things in the lobby and on the elevators a bit hectic but it was not a serious problem other than lots of people everywhere. The room was just fine and quite clean and new appearing including the bathroom, exactly what I would expect Hilton to provide. I saw that many had complained about he sliding bathroom door - not a big deal for our family. We did self-parking to avoid the higher valet parking charge and it worked out well too. The Anaheim Resort Transit stop was directly in front of the hotel for $4/day to avoid a walk to Disneyland was well worth it. We had very little interaction with the hotel employees but all were friendly and helpful. It rained so we did not use the pool, did not even go out to see it. The room service breakfast was good but pricey as one would expect ($60 for 3 people). We made use of the Target about 1/2 mile away and Bucca di beppo for takeout. I would consider staying here again. I think the only problem I would mention was that the TV remote did not turn the TV on or off but did change the channels, probably just a fluke.

Room Tip: away from the elevators which always had a crowd waiting for them
1 Thank Napa_neighbor
Dear Napa_neighbor,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Anaheim. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of what only what the Hilton Anaheim has to offer, but the Anaheim Resort as well.

Our apologies for the hectic elevator use and we appreciate your patience and understand regarding the cheerleading event. You will be glad to hear that postings such as yours have allowed us to provide a solution. On days such as yours with the cheerleaders in house we have been opening the service elevators and guest representatives have helped direct our guests to them. As a result it alleviates any possible hectic elevator use we might have.

Thank you for your kind and informative post. It is comments and concerns such as yours that make a different. Thank you for choosing the Hilton Anaheim.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I stayed here for a few nights last year. The hotel in all is kinda boring. Small swimming pool for size of hotel. When I booked the hotel I didn't find out til afterwards that the rooms didn't have windows that actually opened. Luckily apon arrival we were able to upgrade to a room with a lanai. We had a nice view of the fireworks over Disneyland every night. I found the breakfast way overpriced and very fatty. Also the drinks in the bars were way overpriced.

Everything was ok til the morning of departure. The day before we left some new people came into the room next to ours WITH 2 DOGS!! So we had to listen to them barking and running around. As we were packing up our stuff to leave those dogs crawled under the lanai walls and into out room. One we got out and the other one started pooping all over cause I guess he was scared. So he then hid behind the bed and didn't want to come out. One of my kids stepped in it too. We managed to get the 2nd dog out and finished packing.
I talked to the manager and he said that those people didn't even register the dogs but that they were a "dog friendly" hotel. The manager offered us free breakfast but I told him that our bags were packed and everyone was already waiting in the car. So he said he would give me a $100 refund. I thought it was fare and thanked him. 8 months later and I never saw one penny. I guess they weren't so nice after all. I won't be staying there again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Julie C
Dear jclulina,

Thank you for your kind words in regard our view of the Disneyland Resort and the fireworks view. We’re glad you were able to enjoy it.

The Hilton Anaheim would like to apologize for the incidents that occurred during your stay. We wanted to inform that we have contacted you directly via TripAdvisor messaging regarding your $100 credit (you should be receiving an email). Within that message we provided you with a direct contact that you can speak/email in order to receive your credit. We apologize for the delay and thank you for informing us that we did not address this matter right away for you. We are more than happy to honor this request for you now.

We also wanted to inform you that the Hilton Anaheim no longer allows pets on property unless it is a service dog. It is incidents like this that had an impact on our decision to do so.

We appreciate you posting your comments and concerns. Without people like yourself we would not know about what occurred. We thank you for your time and certainly hope that you will give the Hilton Anaheim a second chance.

Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Second time staying here. Nice hotel. Clean rooms. Lots of amenities and within walking distance to Disneyland. The property is adjacent to the convention center. Which worked out perfect for us as we were there for a cheer competition at the convention center. In the lobby area there are a couple of good size gift shops, nice bar/restaurant and a food court. Our room was a decent size room. We upgraded to the studio suite. Very open. Very clean for the most part. The cabinets and headboard could have been wiped down better. you could tell they haven't been wiped clean in some time. But everything else in the room was clean. Bathroom was a bit tiny. Room service was always fast. never had to wait more than 20 min. My only real huge complaint was the location of the room. It was next to the stairwell. Didn't seem like a big deal when we first got to our room. Afterall who uses stairs. I'm not sure who or what it was but I kid you not we were kept up til like 4am because of people using the stairs. It was obnoxiously loud as if someone was dragging something heavy down the stairs. not sure if they were hotel guests or employees but it was extremely loud. As soon as i was able to fall asleep I would hear the banging of the stairs again. So don't get a room near the stairs. I wouldn't have a problem staying here again so long as my room isn't anywhere near the stairwell.

Room Tip: A studio suite offers lots of room if traveling with family. Make sure your room isn't anywhere...
1 Thank cassnsyd
HiltonAnaheim, Manager at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Dear cassnsyd -

Thank you very much for sharing your review here on Trip Advisor. It always makes our team proud when we hear good things from our loyal guests. We really appreciate your taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed staying here at our property especially during the Cheerleading competition event. Cheerleading events always add fun to our hotel.

Please know that we will definitely share your feedback with our team about the stairwell noise and look to minimize these types of disturbances.

Again, thank you and we hope to see you again on our next Cheerleading event
next year!

So Cal
Reviewed 17 April 2012

This hotel is located right next to the Anaheim Convention Center and a short walk from Disneyland. Those two items, and our stay being on a Saturday, combined for a very crowded experience. The hotel is much larger than I expected and we actually had a hard time finding our room. The room was fine and clean. One curious note: the design of how the bathroom door opens and how the room door (from the hallway) opens, causes the two doors to block one another and causes interference when getting back into the room, if the bathroom door was left open. Bad design!

Now my biggest complaint. I went down to the lobby at around 9am sunday morning, to get a couple of cups of coffee from Starbuck’s. I was met with a complete zoo of people, as there was a Cheerleading event going on at the convention center. People were everywhere. There must have been 50+ people in line at Starbuck’s. So I proceeded to the lobby “quick café” (where they serve fruit, a couple Danishes and coffee). I bought two cups of coffee to $2.50 each and headed back to my room. Bar none this was the worse coffee I’ve ever tasted. I’m not sure if the coffee had been sitting (which I doubt since there were so many people lining up for coffee), but trust me, this was without exception the worst coffee I’ve ever tasted.

Just the volume of people, screaming kids, taking forever to get your car from valet parking, would cause me to re-think staying here again.

Suggestion: Unless you are with a convention, I’d ask before booking this hotel if a major event was occurring at the convention center before I’d book.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SoCal_Worldtraveller
Dear SoCal_Worldtraveller,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us here on Trip Advisor.
We are sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant experience at our property. Our property has 1572 rooms and it can get really busy and crazy especially when there are big conventions in-house. And the Cheerleading convention happens every year around the month of April. Yes, it is a good tip to always check with us what conventions are in house so that you can work around it. That is also the reason why are food outlets, especially Starbuck’s, can get really busy.

With those facts stated, it is still our job to ensure that every single guest experience is a positive one and unfortunately, we did not exceed those expectations for you. We will be sharing your review with our team so we can continue to work towards eliminating long lines, noise control etc.

Thank you again for all your comments and we will make sure that we share with the team so that we can continue to improve.

Hope you stay with us again in the future!

Melbourne
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We checked in here for five nights specifically so we could visit the Disneyland Parks. We were excited to have recieved a free upgrade to a room with a large balcony (the the same level as the pool/laundry/bar). This was a GREAT upgrade because we could see the fireworks from our balcony each night!

The hotel is around a 10 to 15 minute walk from the Disneyland Parks. You can also opt for the hotel shuttle which is around $4 for a daily pass. I must admit, after walking around the parks all day, this is a very tempting alternative to walking!

After many late nights at the theme parks, Room Service was also another tempting alternative (to going hungry). The room service was ok (not the best), and the consierge was helpful with suggesting take away alternatives, too.

The hotel has a hair salon downstairs which seems to be run by one lady, but she actually did a great job with my hair! She was very casual and friendly.

I was not a fan of the buffet breakfast, but that may be because I am a very picky eater (practically vegan) and didn't enjoy the quality of the food I could actually eat. But it's pretty standard for a US Buffet. We also had dinner and drinks at the bar one night. I wasn't a fan of the bar set up, with tables and chairs set up in the lobby area - it seemed a bit wrong to be eating close to where people were walking through to lifts.

I would suggest to anyone visiting Disneyland to stay at the Grand Californian Hotel - Very overpriced, but it's right in the Californian Adventure Theme Park! You seriously cannot get a better location! The Hilton is good for the price, however.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank TotemGirl
HiltonAnaheim, Manager at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Dear TotemGirl,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Anaheim. We are thrilled to hear that you were upgraded to one of our wonderful Disney view rooms. The balcony and pool are a wonderful way to enjoy the perfect California sun. Our location across the street from the Disneyland resort offers a great view of Disney California Adventure. Due to our proximity we have the closest view of Disney’s new expansion of Cars Land which opens this June. We certainly hope to have you back with us on its opening day!

We are sorry to hear about your comments regarding the MIX Restaurant and room service menu selection. Although due to your comments regarding our lack of a vegan selection we can now address this matter with our Executive Chef Kyung Carroll. Thank you for making us aware of this matter. Not only is this an opportunity for the Hilton Anaheim to expand its menu, but it also offers Chef Carroll a chance to show off his creativity.

TotemGirl, thank you again for taking time out of your busy day to post on TripAdvisor. It is informative posts like yours that make a difference. You provide comments that help our future guests when making a decision to stay at the Hilton Anaheim. As well as educate us on what we can do to better suit our guests needs.

Thank you again for choosing the Hilton Anaheim. We hope to see you again.

Best,