“Nice hotel for Disney experience”
Review of Hilton Anaheim

Hilton Anaheim
Ranked #47 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 22 July 2010

We stayed at the Hilton for our Disneyland experience with our grand baby. It is a pretty good location for walking to Disneyland, a little far after a long day at the park but we like to walk and figure it is probably good for us. There is a bus if you don't want to walk. The hotel was nice but not great. The lobby and rooms are updated and in good condition. We could hear the people in the adjacent rooms, more than most hotels. We could hear normal conversation through the walls, not just loud TV. We would stay here again, but I would also look around and try something else.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (4,499)

Reviewed 18 July 2010

Stayed here for 5 nights on a multi city trip and would stay here again. Hotel was big as you'd expect and very high standards. Check in was very pleasant and informative and first impression of room was great and clean.

Ate in the MIX restaurant for breakfast twice but at $50 for two people it wasn't a daily occurence. Hotel has a little food court with a mexican takeaway, Sbarro and Juice Bar for light snacks and a Starbucks. The lobby area of hotel has free Wi-Fi too which was great but need to pay in the rooms.

Hotel is around a 10/15 minute walk from Disney/California Adventure Park but a pleasant and easy walk. Got tickets from the desk in hotel but no cheaper than paying at the park, just saves queuing. disney was awesome and parades and shows were first class, as were the rides. Plus you can walk into Downtown Disney without tickets so don;t be put off by the entrance tents as these are only for checking bags first. Tickets are needed in seperate sections depending on which park you go too. Be sure to have an Ice Cream from the parlour in disney main street...mmmmm!

Also walk up to the Garden Walk shopping area - not for shops though as not that good but more for the restaurants at night. The main roads have McD's, dennys, etc but up in this centre has Chinese restaurants, Shrimps, Cheesecake Factory, etc..... something we didn't find until our last day.

Be sure to visit Universal Studios - we were on Wysteria Lane!!!!

Overall a great stay at this hotel and amazing things to fill your leisure time!

1  Thank jimjam14
Reviewed 15 July 2010

My daughter and I stayed at the Hilton Anaheim for five nights in June/July. We were there to be close to Disneyland. From that perspective the hotel (among many others) is 10-15 minute walk to the Disney gates so it is convenient. I paid a discount rate for a standard room (under $90 per night) and for that rate the hotel was good value. The rooms are average and like so many of the four star chains no longer have a bar fridge so I ordered one for the room which was delivered promptly. The service was good at the front desk, concierge etc.

As many people have pointed out there are up charges for many things in this hotel. The most galling is the pool and gym area. This is the first time I have stayed at a hotel where they charge for use of these facilities as a hotel guest. The staff are clearly uncomfortable with h this also when they inform you at the check-in counter. I knew in advance so it was not a surprise but if I had not known and was planning to use them I would not have been happy.

A few additional comments: The breakfast and Starbucks are completely overwhelmed with customers in the morning with long lines for both. The hotel needs to fix this problem as it is simply not on that you should have to wait to get into breakfast. We chose the IHOP near by or the Marriot across the St. also has a Starbucks with no lines!

The Hotel front desk staff happily and quickly moved me when our next door neighbors became party central. Upgraded us to a view room which was appreciated and gave us breakfast coupons so we could stand in line the next morning ;). This showed good training an judgment on the part of the staffer.

All in all I would say that this hotel is likely not the best value if you are coming for a Disney holiday. I would suggest shopping around. Certainly would not pay more than $150 a night for what is pretty basic accommodation. If you are coming for a convention think Marriott as they are both adjacent/connected to the Convention Centre. I suspect the Marriott is better value but just guessing.

Final comment.... the big chains, SPG, Hilton, Marriott are taking their hotel properties and turning them into 3 star accommodation for a four star price (in some cases) and then surcharging for what used to be 4 star perks. Be prepared. I am a Hilton Honors and SPG member so i know what of I speak.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank scapaflow40
Reviewed 15 July 2010

I wrote a review once but it somehow was deleted. So allow me to be brief. While the staff were reasonably pleasant, I was given a room that was infested with BED BUGS. I inadvertently brought some back and infested our home which cost us a great deal of time, efforts, and money. I will never stay at this hotel again and will try to avoid Hilton Hotels entirely. Having said that, I recently discovered that there is an increase in bed bug infestations in hotels. More disturbing, the hotels are refusing to have the professional treat the rooms due to expense. Be careful when you travel and avoid this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
13  Thank nick_name4
HiltonAnaheim, Manager at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2010

We take all pest claims very seriously at our hotel. In any allegation, we will immediately take the room off the market and call a professional pest inspection service. They will come in and not only do a thorough cleaning and inspection of the room that was claimed to have a pest, but also any adjacent/connecting rooms, as well as the housekeeping equipment. The pest service we use has not found any pests, including bed bugs in any of our guest rooms. We apologize for the inconvenience that you have had and we ask that you would contact us directly to discuss this issue further. Upon all inspections, our hotel has no bed bugs.

The threat of bed bugs in hotels is a very minor and isolated problem. The number of incidents of bed bugs affects only a minute percentage of hotels guest rooms. According to research, bed bugs are brought into hotels by guests—it is not a hotel sanitation issue. A trained and knowledgeable housekeeping staff is one of the best lines of defense, along with having a good pest control provider if a problem were to be detected. AH&LA encourages the entire hotel community to continually evaluate its existing housekeeping policies and practices as a precautionary measure.

Reviewed 15 July 2010

We stayed here after a last minute decision to stay an extra day in Anaheim and bidding on hotwire for a great price. Pleasantly surprised by the friendliness of the staff on the phone and in person. Since we purchased it on Hotwire I called immediately to request for a crib and the person I spoke with was very friendly, able to tell me more about the room I will be staying in. The lobby was very busy and I attribute this to the All star game fan festival that was taking place during the time I was visiting, where they had DJ in the lobby. The check in was pleasant and I was very pleased. Once we got into the room I called to remind them about the crib, they als offered to send water for free of charge. The room was large enough to hold four suitcases, a crib and a stroller. Not happy with the fact that we had to pay for wi-fi. I was pleasantly surprised by the friendliness of the staff.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank fluidtlm
Reviewed 14 July 2010

Thanks to a Hotwire.com sale, my wife and I stayed two nights at this hotel in July 2010 for $75 a night. The hotel is a ten-minute walk from Disneyland (although we didn’t come to Anaheim to go to Disneyland), near Harbor Boulevard which is full of restaurants and shops; and close to two major highways.

The area around the hotel is beautifully landscaped and well maintained. We were out late at night and felt very safe.

Our large room has a king-size bed, and all the amenities we needed including a safe. The room is very clean, the bed is comfortable, the flat screen TV faces the bed properly, and the marble bathroom looked new. Our 11th-floor room looks towards the south and down onto a large but unattractive concrete patio. Hilton should landscape this area. We didn’t have time to try the pool and hot tub.

When you stay in a high-end hotel like this, prepare to pay for everything including parking ($15 a day), fitness room ($7 a day), and in-room internet. The lobby has free wifi though.

We enjoyed this hotel a lot.

1  Thank Bo C
Reviewed 11 July 2010

After reading several so-so reviews of this hotel, I feel obligated to add balance by saying we had a wonderful experience. Granted we paid motel prices after bidding with Priceline, and if I paid a lot more I might feel less enthusiastic.

We came to Anaheim to celebrate my birthday, and wanted a nice hotel near Disneyland. Based on the reviews I read, I expected to be nickeled and dimed. We did get charged $15 per night for the parking, and had to use the free internet in the lobby. Had I not known in advance, that would have annoyed me, but it was no surprise. If you go here, just know that this is how it works.

That aside, I requested a nice room for my birthday, and the manager gave us a King bed with a view of the pool, and a distant view of the theme parks. They let us check in early around noon with no advance request made. And shortly after arriving, room service delivered a sweet surprise piece of birthday cake with berries and "Happy Birthday" written in frosting on the plate.

The room itself was roomy enough for us and the bed was ridiculously comfortable. At one point I questioned whether I'd rather lay in the bed or tour the line-filled park. I had the best sleep I've had in months at this hotel! Although we did hear our neighbors arguing, which ended quickly. Had they been loud all night that might have been an issue.

The room was super clean and so was the bathroom. So clean I actually enjoyed a bath after an exhausting day of walking. They offer Crabtree & Evelyn products in their bathroom, and I love their soaps and even use them at home, so that was a plus!

Location wise, I was told it was a ten minute walk to Disneyland, but I timed it, and at our leisurely but not slow pace it was more like twenty. We opted for the $4/day pass for the shuttle so we could come and go as we please and save some foot pain for the lines at the parks.

My only complaints, and thus the 4 stars instead of 5: There were so many kids in the pool that my concerns regarding the pee to chlorine ration led me to opt out. There was no bath robe, but I guess that's a lot to ask for. The walls could be thicker. They could include parking and internet in the price, but like I said, just know going in to add on those expenses in your budget. And the restaurant in the hotel left much to be desired. The price was way too high for what you get, but then again, what isn't over priced near Disneyland? Oh and someone spilled a cracker mix on the 6th floor hall, and every elevator ride I took seemed to remind us that no one was cleaning it.

But all in all, if you can pay a motel price to stay at this Hilton, I'd do it. I'm not sure I'd pay more than $100/night, but we paid way less, so with that in mind I do recommend this hotel.

1  Thank ChloeEmber