“Excellent stay”

Ranked #79 of 117 Hotels in Anaheim
Vancovuer, BC
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2008

we just got back from our trip, we stayed at this hotel, for the price we paid, it was a great deal, swimming pool was awesome, and it took us about 7 minutes to walk to Disneyland. The staff was so helpful. Some tips, check in is not until 3:00 pm...and pay the extra 10 for the delux room, you will get up to date furniture, ask for a room that is NOT beside a road, window are older so not sound proof.

The resturant, you do indeed get the child who eats for free....saved us a bundle...And there is a car rental place there, we never drove in LA, but they have GPS that tells us exactly where to go!!..

Excellent stay for the amount we paid!!

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank haida_tsimshian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2008

My husband and I booked our hotel with a certain travel site to get a good rate and were going to stay one night. We booked this a while ago and paid for the room already. Our stay over was supposed to be on 8/9/08. We get a call yesterday, 7/31/08, and the travel site tells us they were forced to cancel our reservation by the hotel. The travel site offered to move us somewhere else or give us our money back. We got our money back since all the hotels were booked in the area we needed to be in.
I guess the hotel didn't like that we didn't book through them and were only staying one night. I have family staying there from out of town that booked through the hotel and are staying more than one night. So they get to stay.
I've stayed at this hotel before and thought they were cool until now. They just pushed us out to give our room to someone else. They will not get any more business from us again.

Stayed August 2008
San Bernardino, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2008

The usual hotel that I stay in whilst visiting Disneyland had no rooms available, so I booked a room at the Anaheim Plaza Hotel. I live out of state but visit the Park fairly often. This will be my new "home base"! The hotel is older (it was built in 1961, I believe), but the room I stayed in was very nice and quite large compared to similarly priced hotels in the area. It was clean (no smoke/mold odors, as are common in older hotels) and the air conditioner kept it nice and cool! And although the hotel seemed to be rather full, my room was pleasantly quiet. The room I stayed in was on the second story, and had a big (ie: could fit 2 people and a little table for drinks/etc on it comfortably) balcony that overlooked the beautifully landscaped grounds. There were blooming rosebushes, topiary trees, and palm trees everywhere! The pool is HUGE- Olympic sized, and the hot tub was nice to soak in the morning after my day at the Park! Speaking of Disneyland, I timed my walk to the park from my room at the hotel- it took 7 minutes. The hotel doesn't offer tram service, but with such a short walk it really isn't needed. The staff are very friendly and helpful, the lady who assisted me at the front desk even gave me a map of the hotel and drew out the way to my room. All in all, I had a very pleasant experience, and will stay at the Plaza Inn for my future visits to Disneyland!

• Liked — It's a tie between the pool, the balcony, and the close proximity to Disneyland!
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank thetravelingsquid
Northern California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2008

Stayed here in June 2008. Room was older smelled with lots of repairs needed. Rate was ok but carpet and tile had damage that caused triping. Since it was just 2 adults I didn't worry about getting hurt. But a child could. Fridge made so much noise we had to turn it off. Hot tub was cold!!! Bathroom was stained and had only one small soap. No shampoos or any other toiletries. Towels where smelly and scratchy. Bed was like sleeping on a rock.
I have stayed at worse places in the Disneyland area. At least there were no bugs. I probably won't return, and we go there many times a year. Unless we need a last minute room in a pinch. I would stay elsewhere for about the same price if booked early.
Room was paid up-front and some confusion about that even with receit.

• Liked — Not too far from Disneyland entrance
  • Disliked — Smelled, hard beds
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank DisBiz
SLC, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2008

Stayed here for two nights while visiting Disneyland. Definitely a budget hotel... rooms are plain, pillows not-to-comfy, and $10 a day for wi-fi! The quality is like an older Motel 6. Sheets were clean, floor was cleaned sometime in the last decade!

If you're only sleeping there you're fine. My 9-yr-old daughter liked the little "yard." Fridge in room was nice touch.

Hotel restaurant has such old decor it could now be called "vintage."

This hotel appears to be a money-making ride to the bank for the owners. It's apparent they have not made improvements for many years. If they spent ANY money on improvements they could not only charge more (I paid $79), but have much happier customers.

The best part was the staff -- very friendly and accommodating.

• Liked — Location to Disneyland
  • Disliked — Rooms
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Brazil
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2008

Me and my wife stayed at this neglected property last year for four nights.

The hotel location is all right, the staff are very helpful, BUT the key are the apartments: large, but completely neglected, with old linens and stong mold odor in all bedroom. the only highlight is the vicinity to Disney´s (walking Distance).

I´ll not stay there agais.

• Liked — The Vicinity to Disney´s
  • Disliked — Mold Smell... complete lack of cleanliness
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank m_piacentini
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2008

My husband and I stayed here from June 27 to July 3. We just picked it off the internet as the previous hotels we have stayed at the last 5 trips were booked. We were not at all unhappy with our choice. After arriving in the morning, they kept our luggage for us until mid afternoon. Our room in the 700 block was quite spacious and clean. Towels were fine (no, not like the ones at home, but what are you expecting??) and we enjoyed having the safe in our room. Since we were only there at night, we were quite pleased with the hotel. Front desk people were very helpful and the other staff pleasant and said hello to you.
We did not use the pool or the restaurant, but they appeared well kept.
If we were back there at fireworks time, we just walked out to the parking lot to watch them (no big deal).
You walk alot at Disneyland, so the brief walk to the park is fine. Would rather have that than take a shuttle from a hotel farther away. If you want a coffee to go, stop at the Cowabunga for a great one.
When we book again to go to Anaheim, we will definitely put this hotel at the top of our list. Price wise, it was extremely reasonable.

• Liked — proximity to Disneyland
  • Disliked — had to pay for parking even though we did not drive
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple