“Not a complainers hotel but Just fine for the price!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Anaheim Hotel

The Anaheim Hotel
Ranked #79 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Winnipeg, MB
“Not a complainers hotel but Just fine for the price!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2008

I've stayed at the Ana Plaza the last few times I've been to LA & my boyfriend has stayed here since he was a kid(under a different name back then). Our last visit was Aug 07, and we'll be back mid October 08. It's a great hotel if you don't plan on spending your entire trip in the room! Usually when your on vacation the only time that you spend in the room is to sleep; if that is your case, the rooms were clean, pool was great & the games room made for some good nightly competition(for the young @ heart and the kids, I would imagine). If you're looking for something to complain about, I'm sure you could find a few things but when it comes to value, cleanliness and a view of the Disney fireworks each night, I wouldn't go anywhere else!!

• Liked — We loved the huge pool! The temperature was always just right, with lots of loungers. We also liked the proximity to Disney, we walked to Downtown Disney at night. You could watch the fireworks from the hotel Parking lot each night!
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank love_travelbug3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2008

We booked this hotel at the last minute, and got a great deal price-wise. The hotel is in an excellent location as it is situated directly opposite the entrance to Disneyland.

The hotel itself is pretty basic, but as we stayed for one night, this didn't bother us. The room was clean-ish but a bit tatty and not the greatest decor. There was, however, a small garden outside the patio doors, and the staff were friendly and attentive. There was a large busy pool and an even larger breakfast buffet which was good value and provided the necessary fuel for a day at the theme park.

• Liked — Great location and price
  • Disliked — Room decor
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
3 Thank melissaandmatt
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2008

Me and my wife stayed here for 3 nights just after Labor Day (ie School has just gone back, it was very quiet)

Tours:
I mention this first as the Anaheim Plaza is a central facility for several bus tour groups, namely VIP Tours and Lux Bus. We took a bus from Vegas. The down side is, in the morning and the evening, there are many people at the hotel for the tours, who aren't hotel guests, so the front area can be over-run with random people (not too bad, but a bit of a crowd).

Location:
We were a few lazy minutes walk from the entrance to Disneyland! We met some people we knew, who drove in, and were much further away after paying for parking (about 10 minutes or more)

Nearby Food, etc:
There was a shopping mall behind us, although we didn't go in there. Apparently more expensive or boutique shopping. Within 2 blocks, there were several other hotels (with restaurants), as well as Mc Donalds, Cold Stone Ice-Cream, etc. The food in our hotel was OK, about $10 for breakfast, but very limited menu.

Rooms:
The room was quite large. A bit of a walk from reception, pool, etc. The view to the courtyard wasn't much. Rooms are air conditioned, but the air con took several hours to take effect. There was a (relatively) large bar fridge, completely empty for us to bring our own milk, drinks, etc. There was no iron, board, etc.

Bathroom:
The bathroom had a coffee boiler (I'm a non-drinker, the terminology may not be accurate), which held about 4 cups of coffee. The combined bath/shower was OK, hot water came on quite quickly. They supplied heaps of towels.

Beds:
Beds were 2 x double. They didn't use fitted sheets, so the sheets came off during the night. Generally comfortable otherwise.

Pool:
Open 10:00 AM till 10:00 PM each day. Not many people. Pool was very large and heated, deep end was 11 ft deep. There was a hot spa too. Very happy with the pool scene.

Facilities:
Didn't use the clothes washing facilities, but it was not heavily used (again, very quiet).

Entertainment:
There was a games room, with air hockey, pinball, etc. Most machines did NOT work. The coin slots were jammed for a few, one machine kept resetting, the air hockey was old (but still a lot of fun).

Business Centre:
We tried on several occasions. Wireless internet was available. Expensive (similar pricing to what I am used to in bigger hotels). The terminals in the lobby did not work, we tried on several different occasions. Kept displaying an error "the internet is not available at this time".

Staff:
The staff there were very friendly, day or night. Never had a problem, and several of them gave us good tips on the local area. They arranged our disneyland tickets there, so we didn't have to wait in queues outside.

Check in/out
Normally only one person on the front desk, so it could take a little while if there are big groups (sometimes a second staff member came out to help.

Overall experience:
For the price it was advertised at ($44 per night), it was good value for a cheap hotel. If you're looking for glitz and glamour, this is not the hotel for you.

• Liked — Close Proximity to Disneyland
  • Disliked — Bed Sheets kept coming off the bed
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
6 Thank parityerror
Vancovuer, BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2008

we just got back from our trip, we stayed at this hotel, for the price we paid, it was a great deal, swimming pool was awesome, and it took us about 7 minutes to walk to Disneyland. The staff was so helpful. Some tips, check in is not until 3:00 pm...and pay the extra 10 for the delux room, you will get up to date furniture, ask for a room that is NOT beside a road, window are older so not sound proof.

The resturant, you do indeed get the child who eats for free....saved us a bundle...And there is a car rental place there, we never drove in LA, but they have GPS that tells us exactly where to go!!..

Excellent stay for the amount we paid!!

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank haida_tsimshian
Los Angeles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2008

My husband and I booked our hotel with a certain travel site to get a good rate and were going to stay one night. We booked this a while ago and paid for the room already. Our stay over was supposed to be on 8/9/08. We get a call yesterday, 7/31/08, and the travel site tells us they were forced to cancel our reservation by the hotel. The travel site offered to move us somewhere else or give us our money back. We got our money back since all the hotels were booked in the area we needed to be in.
I guess the hotel didn't like that we didn't book through them and were only staying one night. I have family staying there from out of town that booked through the hotel and are staying more than one night. So they get to stay.
I've stayed at this hotel before and thought they were cool until now. They just pushed us out to give our room to someone else. They will not get any more business from us again.

Stayed August 2008
San Bernardino, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2008

The usual hotel that I stay in whilst visiting Disneyland had no rooms available, so I booked a room at the Anaheim Plaza Hotel. I live out of state but visit the Park fairly often. This will be my new "home base"! The hotel is older (it was built in 1961, I believe), but the room I stayed in was very nice and quite large compared to similarly priced hotels in the area. It was clean (no smoke/mold odors, as are common in older hotels) and the air conditioner kept it nice and cool! And although the hotel seemed to be rather full, my room was pleasantly quiet. The room I stayed in was on the second story, and had a big (ie: could fit 2 people and a little table for drinks/etc on it comfortably) balcony that overlooked the beautifully landscaped grounds. There were blooming rosebushes, topiary trees, and palm trees everywhere! The pool is HUGE- Olympic sized, and the hot tub was nice to soak in the morning after my day at the Park! Speaking of Disneyland, I timed my walk to the park from my room at the hotel- it took 7 minutes. The hotel doesn't offer tram service, but with such a short walk it really isn't needed. The staff are very friendly and helpful, the lady who assisted me at the front desk even gave me a map of the hotel and drew out the way to my room. All in all, I had a very pleasant experience, and will stay at the Plaza Inn for my future visits to Disneyland!

• Liked — It's a tie between the pool, the balcony, and the close proximity to Disneyland!
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank thetravelingsquid
Northern California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2008

Stayed here in June 2008. Room was older smelled with lots of repairs needed. Rate was ok but carpet and tile had damage that caused triping. Since it was just 2 adults I didn't worry about getting hurt. But a child could. Fridge made so much noise we had to turn it off. Hot tub was cold!!! Bathroom was stained and had only one small soap. No shampoos or any other toiletries. Towels where smelly and scratchy. Bed was like sleeping on a rock.
I have stayed at worse places in the Disneyland area. At least there were no bugs. I probably won't return, and we go there many times a year. Unless we need a last minute room in a pinch. I would stay elsewhere for about the same price if booked early.
Room was paid up-front and some confusion about that even with receit.

• Liked — Not too far from Disneyland entrance
  • Disliked — Smelled, hard beds
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family