“The location is awesome but the hotel is very old and my room was dirty and not stocked with towels or soap. It wasnt v”
Review of The Anaheim Hotel

The Anaheim Hotel
Ranked #77 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The location is awesome but the hotel is very old and my room was dirty and not stocked with towels or soap. It wasnt even vacuumed and the tile floor was sticky. I had a 2 bedroom suite which is just 2 adjacent rooms, nothing exiting about that suite. When I wantes to cancell because the hotel was stinky and old they refused to give me my money back. They said hey were sold out but yet refused to give me my money back, i will not. Go back to the hotel for sure.
The beds are old and not comfortable and the TV is from the previous century. The water changed temperature while showering!!!! Should be half he price than it was.

• Stayed August 2014
GuestRelationsAPH, Guest Relations Manager at The Anaheim Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are very sorry to hear about the experience you had with us, and can assure you this is not the experience we strive to provide our guests. It is our policy to do whatever we can to make sure each and every guest is satisfied, and we are very sorry that the associate you were working with did not follow this guideline. Again, we send you our deepest apologies.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Aberdeen, Washington
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here a number of times and all have been quite good. The staff has always been nice and helpful. Lots of parking so you can find a parking space almost any time. Rooms are dated but clean, our room had new paint and carpet could use some updates like a flat screen tv but we weren't there to watch tv. Bed was very comfortable and the towels were fairly soft. A very easy walk to the disneyland parks a ten minute walk from our room to the entrance. There is a restaurant on site, we ate the breakfast there from the menu but they also have a breakfast buffet for >$10 and kids eat free which looked good. Never used the pool but it looks nice and big with a hot tub off to the side.
We will stay here again

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank riskybiz56
Thank you for sharing your review with us - we are so pleased to hear you've enjoyed your stay with us time and time again. We know how important a good nights sleep and delicious breakfast are when you're spending the day at Disneyland, and it's great to hear that you've enjoyed our comfortable beds and breakfast buffet. We look forward to welcoming you on many more trips to come.
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My husband and I, along with 12 other people stayed at this hotel in July 2014. My husband was conducting a meeting in the morning and therefore called the hotel on our way in to town to ask that I be added on to the reservation so that I can check in (the reservation was solely in his name, for business taxes purpose). The manager informed him that he would physically have to be present because his card would have to be charged at time of check-in. He asked if I could bring his card and ID with me for verification and they proceeded to say no. They stated that their policy was that they would not have authorization to charge his card unless he was present. After several minutes of frustration, he told her he would like to cancel his reservation and we will go elsewhere. She then explained that his card would be charged for the full cost, despite cancelling. He called her out on it saying that she just got done explaining that she does not have authorization to charge his card until he is present. We finally got it resolved, after switching around credit cards, but the experience was not pleasant whatsoever. We will never be staying in this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Lkearns25
Greetings, and thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are very sorry to hear of your frustrations, and regret that you had a negative check-in experience. While we do request card holders to be present when checking in, we can assure you this is simply to ensure the safety and privacy of our guests. Again, we are sorry for the miscommunication and regret any frustrations that our policy has caused you.

Travellers are raving about these Anaheim hotels

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Great hotel close to Disneyland, breakfast is good and the pool is great!
Rooms are slightly dated, but so what, I think a lot of Anaheim hotels are in need of refurbishment - you are not in Anaheim to concern yourself with 5 star luxury, you want a comfortable hotel to relax and unwind when not in the parks. Friendly staff, eager to please..will stay there again

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SnowWhite1958
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope to welcome you again soon!
San Jose, California, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed at the Anaheim Plaza in June with my two teenaged boys and my sister. We booked a 2-room suite, which was essentially two connecting rooms. We did enjoy the space, as everyone had their own bed and we had two bathrooms for the four of us. The bathroom area was quite large, with two sinks outside of the shower/toilet area. The rooms were large enough. Each had a refrigerator while only one had a microwave. We were told at check-in that we could request a microwave if our room didn't have one. It worked out fine having just one since we had a connecting door and my sister could pop in and use mine easily enough. The A/C worked well. The beds were a little soft for me, but I tend to prefer a firmer mattress than most people.

We did find the rooms to be outdated. They could use new carpet, a paint job, and new fixtures. We had problems in both rooms with the bathroom doors sticking. It was difficult to close them all the way and when you did, it was often difficult to get them open. One of my boys had a heck of a time getting the door open one night and texted me from the bathroom to come and help him. I also noticed a few ants in the bathroom area in one of the rooms.

Aside from a few issues with the room, we found the hotel overall to be fine. The proximity to Disneyland is good, and the parking lot is much larger than most hotels in the area. We arrived around 9:00 a.m. and, although our room wasn't ready, we were able to get a parking pass and leave the car while we walked to the parks. The shop in the lobby was convenient for buying bottled water, juice, and milk for breakfast. Overall, the experience was fairly average. I would consider staying again if I needed a suite at a reasonable price.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
GuestRelationsAPH, Guest Relations Manager at The Anaheim Hotel, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location, and appreciate your thoughts on the rooms. We strive to provide each guest with a relaxing and enjoyable experience, and we have noted the issues you've listed. We hope to welcome you again on your next trip to Disneyland!
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Love this place will be returning in October for our third visit. Staff always very helpful never had any problems with noise or anything bad also great for pick ups for day trips by tour operators.Great breakfast buffet really sets you up for the day and reasonable prices

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
We are so pleased to hear about your continued stays with us! Thank you so much for your loyalty, and for sharing your review with us. We know how important a good breakfast is to start off your day, and we are happy to hear that you continue to enjoy ours. We hope to welcome you again soon!
Boring, Oregon
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed here with my kids a couple of years ago.I selected this hotel due to it's proximity to the Magic Kingdom since we were not renting a car.It was just a short two blocks or so to Disneyland.I liked the idea of not having to be bound to a shuttle bus schedule as well. I liked the dinning accommodations with a buffet breakfast.
The rooms were clean and large. We had a bottom floor room in the older section of the hotel.We had plenty of room to spread out with energetic kids.I have heard that they have recently undergone renovations to the hotel.
A couple of things that really impressed me about this hotel were the large pool ( some smaller hotels in the area have rather small pools that get far too crowded), and the scenic outside hotel grounds(complete with statuesque palms towering around the pool area.You won't be disappointed.
Too me, this hotel had a vintage Disneyland vacation feel.I seek this sort of thing out.
Those who are used to 5 Star lodging may find it a little lacking,but for a family looking for a nice,moderately priced, comfortable hotel and easy access to Disney-this is the ticket!I am planning on returning this winter for another Disneyland vacation, and this is where I will be staying.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank flyingblonde66
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us! We are so pleased to hear that our large pool and convenient location close to Disneyland was a great experience for you and your children. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next family vacation.