We stayed Oct 9-13th and were surprised with all the negative comments made. I came here knowing this was not a 5 star hotel. It is older but we stayed in the 400 complex upstairs and found it to be clean and comfortable. Yes, there were a few minor cracks in the acoustical ceiling, and some 'dings' in the walls, but the housekeeping was amazing in keeping the rooms clean. I had read comments regarding a 'smell' and we noticed it at first, but I had brought a room freshener and did not notice 'the smell' upon subsequent arrivals to the room. My wife and I were traveling with our 3 children under 6yrs old and our mothers. The rooms (adjoining) were very spacious (especially the bathroom vanity-about 10 foot long with double sinks). We always returned to the rooms to find them made up nicely and even our 'messes' cleaned up. For example our toothbrushes in their containers would be organized in a row on a clean towel on the vanity each day, though we had left them scattered. We got there for late check in w/o problems, though we did have reservations for a family suite (2 rooms) and they had us down for 1 room. Carlos at the front desk fixed it right away, however, though for a bit I was worried there wouldn't be room. The building air conditioners _are_ noisy; this could affect light sleepers. The location is close to Disneyland, only one 'regular' block from the shuttle drop off. I clocked it on the odometer at .2 mile (Which isn't much considering the walking you do at Disneyland). However, for our Mom's sake, I would drop the family off at the 15min unloading zone and then drive the block back to the hotel and park, saving them some unecessary walking. I noticed security patrolling the grounds at night, and we never felt unsafe here. Parking can be a problem as people not staying at the hotel appeared to be using the lot (no parking passes were distributed). Overall I felt the value of the hotel to be well worth the money. I noticed Orbitz gave better rates when I was comparing rates, but ended up using the hotel's website when there was a last minute increase of rates when I went to actually book the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This unique resort style hotel offers the following features: LOCATION: Directly across the main entrance to Disneyland(R) Adjacent to Anaheim Garden Walk. Two blocks from the Anaheim Convention Center. STYLE: Two story apartment style buildings on nine acres of landscaped gardens and walkways. PARKING: Ample parking all around the hotel. POOL: Olympic size outdoor heated pool and spa. ROOMS: Large rooms, some with patio or balcony. FAMILY SUITES: Two connecting rooms for families. FOOD & BEVERAGE: Restaurant and Lounge. MEETING ROOMS: Over 11,000 sq feet of flexible meeting space. VALUE: Excellent value for a hotel in Anaheim! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Anaheim Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anaheim Plaza Hotel Anaheim
- The Anaheim Hotel California