“Not a Bad Place!”

Ranked #77 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Nampa, Idaho
“Not a Bad Place!”
Reviewed 21 October 2005

We stayed Oct 9-13th and were surprised with all the negative comments made. I came here knowing this was not a 5 star hotel. It is older but we stayed in the 400 complex upstairs and found it to be clean and comfortable. Yes, there were a few minor cracks in the acoustical ceiling, and some 'dings' in the walls, but the housekeeping was amazing in keeping the rooms clean. I had read comments regarding a 'smell' and we noticed it at first, but I had brought a room freshener and did not notice 'the smell' upon subsequent arrivals to the room. My wife and I were traveling with our 3 children under 6yrs old and our mothers. The rooms (adjoining) were very spacious (especially the bathroom vanity-about 10 foot long with double sinks). We always returned to the rooms to find them made up nicely and even our 'messes' cleaned up. For example our toothbrushes in their containers would be organized in a row on a clean towel on the vanity each day, though we had left them scattered. We got there for late check in w/o problems, though we did have reservations for a family suite (2 rooms) and they had us down for 1 room. Carlos at the front desk fixed it right away, however, though for a bit I was worried there wouldn't be room. The building air conditioners _are_ noisy; this could affect light sleepers. The location is close to Disneyland, only one 'regular' block from the shuttle drop off. I clocked it on the odometer at .2 mile (Which isn't much considering the walking you do at Disneyland). However, for our Mom's sake, I would drop the family off at the 15min unloading zone and then drive the block back to the hotel and park, saving them some unecessary walking. I noticed security patrolling the grounds at night, and we never felt unsafe here. Parking can be a problem as people not staying at the hotel appeared to be using the lot (no parking passes were distributed). Overall I felt the value of the hotel to be well worth the money. I noticed Orbitz gave better rates when I was comparing rates, but ended up using the hotel's website when there was a last minute increase of rates when I went to actually book the room.

9 Thank FamMan_6

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 20 October 2005

We requested a room on the bottom that had a nice size patio (about 12x12)...it was nice for our dog we brought with us...the room was small but clean. the a/c was on the loud side...and there was no microwave as described (not that we needed it). we asked for a crib and extra towels and pillow, they were delivered in about 10 minutes. the bathroom was tiny & the shower temp was fussy. it was less than a 10 minute walk from disneyland. the grounds are fairly well kept. for $54/night...how could you go wrong.

9 Thank awinnera
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 16 October 2005

We booked this Hotel for 4 nights for a family vacation. When we checked in we were sent to what they call a family Suite, which is two rooms with a door between them. The smell was so bad it was between a mildew and paint. We decided that we could not stay in this room and need to be moved. We went back down to the desk and they moved us to another room. Still had the bad smell and was run down, old and in very much need of a remodel. We also came back from disneyland late at night and had found a crib in our room, I called the front desk and they argued with me and said I had requested the crib, I told them the youngest child I had with me was 15 years old. After about an hour somone came and got the crib out of the room.
I tried contacting other Hotels in the area and they were booked since it was the 50th anniversary. So we tried to make the best of it. As we would leave daily to Disneyland our clothes had started to pick up the smell of mildew and we smelled like it all day and our luggage smelt when we got home.The soaps were not replaced and the towels were so dingy and dirty. You could also hear the conversations of the guest in the room next to us as we tried to sleep. I would never stay there again.

• Stayed May 2005
5 Thank Koregon

Travellers are raving about these Anaheim hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 October 2005

We found this hotel to be just average the rooms were average but well maintained by the maids. The air conditioners are very noisey. Its location is great only a 5 minute walk to to Disney The swimming pool was excelent. The Resturant was okay Kids (under 9) ate free. There is a games room and laundry which is handy. My one complaint is the Hotel staff had no idea on the public buses in the area it was easier to go to the stops and ask the drivers. The hotel is only a $10 taxi ride from the Amtrak. Overall its good for what you pay but dont expect to much.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed 28 September 2005

We stayed at this hotel for one night. It was a fantastic price for being across the street from Disneyland. It is directly across the street from an entrance to Disneyland, though not the main entrance.

It was quiet and had a coffee maker and hair dryer in the room along with a fridge and iron and ironing board.

All of the staff was friendly and helpful. Our hair dryer wasn't working, a maintenance person was at our room within 10 minutes, we were given a replacement dryer.

The food service in the restaurant was extremely slow; I would never eat there again.

All in all, for what it is, a very low cost motel across the street from Disneyland I say it is well worth it.

4 Thank M&MB_Phx
CA
Reviewed 15 September 2005

We have stayed here many times. Most recently over Labor Day weekend. It is only $50 per night and the extra money saved can be used at the parks. A nice bonus here is FREE parking, microwaves and refrigerators. Just make sure to request the fridge and microwave when you make the reservation. Most hotels in the area charge for those. The Anaheim Plaza does not. The hotel is very convenient to both parks. You just walk across the light (Disney Way) and you are there. The rooms are clean and a good bargain. We were never really in the room so it didn't matter if there were no extras included. The pool is huge, clean and never full of people. The staff is incredible and efficient. When our refrigerator broke, they replaced it immediately. They were quick to fulfill any additional requests. The only downfall was no early check-in available, although they will store your bags. Having an upstairs room is a must for a view of the fireworks. Please do not stay here if you are used to 4 star or better hotels. This is not the place for you. I must admit I have had better service here than at the Anaheim Marriott. As a travel agent, I highly recommend this place for families and those on a budget. The kids eat free in the restaurant on certain days also.

11 Thank tropicalvacations
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 September 2005

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and I'd have to say that it was ok, but not great.

They sell themselves as being across the street from the entrance to Disneyland. That is not true! They across from the old entrance to Disneyland. The current entrance is an Anaheim block away (long block) and then it is about a block walk to the gates of either park. Big bummer!!!!

The hotels that really are across the street from the entrance are "Park Plaza Hotel, Best Western, the Park Vu Inn", and one or two others.

Rooms was very spacious, clean with enough towels, amenities, etc. There are hairdryers and the houskeeping staff was quick to respond when we asked for more blankets.

Other big downside is we were on the ground floor and the ceilings are VERY thin, so we could hear anyone above us doing anything, walking, jumping, etc. Also, the ceiling/floor is very squeaky. I am a sound sleeper and I was woken up at 5am by someone above me just walking back and forth, probably packing and everytime the person walked, the ceiling/floor squeaked horribly. I highly recommend getting a room on the top floor!

I don't think we will stay here again, just because there are closer hotels to Disneyland that are probably no worse than this one. I do really feel this hotel needs to update its information that they ARE NOT across the street from the entrance to Disneyland.

15 Thank A TripAdvisor Member