We were quite satisfied and pleased with the accommodations given the price we paid (about $800 for a family suite -- 2 rooms and 4 queen beds -- for a full week). Everything was clean and the service was friendly and efficient. We had a second floor suite and had absolutely no problem with noise. The only negative things I could say were that: a) it has seen better days (some paint peeling, etc) but the staff were constantly seen grooming the yards, cleaning, etc so it seemed that they were making genuine efforts to maintain it as best as they can, and b) the TV's were older models and cable reception was poor, but we weren't going on vacation to watch TV anyway so it wasn't an issue.
The swimming pool was excellent and the gift shop and laundry were reasonable in prices and quality. We didn't try their restaurant at all. It would have been a bonus to have internet connection in the rooms but, again, that wasn't what we were there for.
The rooms were large and not dreary. We had no problem maintaining a comfortable temperature in the rooms and the water pressure and temperature were not fabulous, but fine. There were no unpleasant smells except for the first suite they put us in had just had the carpets freshly shampooed and the cleaner was a bit much. But my husband is a smoker so we wanted a suite with a balcony, and they happily moved us as soon as a balcony suite became available.
Their website is deceptive in advertising, saying that they're the closest hotel to the Disney entrance. They're right across the street from what I can only assume is the OLD entrance, so there was still a fair walk, which was disappointing.
All in all, we wanted a cheap place to sleep within walking distance of Disney, that was clean, had four beds, and allowed smoking. We were satisfied that we got all of that with the Anaheim Plaza. It's definitely not a hotel for someone with high standards or expectations, but for a family like ours with teenagers, it worked very well and we'd go back there again without hesitation. If my husband and I go alone, though, we would probably book somewhere closer to the park and with more modern amenities (like internet).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This unique resort style hotel offers the following features: LOCATION: Directly across the main entrance to Disneyland(R) Adjacent to Anaheim Garden Walk. Two blocks from the Anaheim Convention Center. STYLE: Two story apartment style buildings on nine acres of landscaped gardens and walkways. PARKING: Ample parking all around the hotel. POOL: Olympic size outdoor heated pool and spa. ROOMS: Large rooms, some with patio or balcony. FAMILY SUITES: Two connecting rooms for families. FOOD & BEVERAGE: Restaurant and Lounge. MEETING ROOMS: Over 11,000 sq feet of flexible meeting space. VALUE: Excellent value for a hotel in Anaheim! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Anaheim Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anaheim Plaza Hotel Anaheim
- The Anaheim Hotel California