“Amazing”

Ranked #79 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Las Vegas
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2009

I went to Disneyland for my Wife's birthday. We chose this hotel simply because it was cheap and close to the park. Let me just say, wow. This was a great hotel for the money.

When we got in, th parking lot was packed and the only space I could find was the 15 minute only area. I told the front desk. No problem, just see if a space was open in the morning. The room was bigger then most rooms I've seen in Las Vegas. The only noise problem was from the wedding party near the lobby and that was minimal.

The bed WAS a bit hard for my liking. I was also a little disappointed that there was no complimentary breakfast, but the proximity to the park more then makes up for it.

I whole heartedly Recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Disneyland. Did I mention is was a block down from the front gate?

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2009

We came to the Plaza Inn after stopping at the hotel we originally booked. The original hotel was occupied by less than stellar individuals. We didn't feel safe staying there so we decided to stop over at the Plaza Inn. We had stayed there back in 2005 and had a pleasant experience. They had rooms and were able to get us in right away, at rates of $79, $69 & $69. The desk clerk gave us the number to call Expedia for a refund (which we are still waiting for by the way). We really appreciated her kindness. I was nearly in tears upon arrival (it was my birthday) due to the other hotel experience. I felt so relaxed there and really appreciated the great service we received there. We will definitely stay there again. Also, it is very close to the walk way to Disney (1 block). The rooms are good sized and clean. Parking was a small fee, but I was fine with that.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Buffy24
Terrigal, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2009

We stayed here Oct/Nov and were really happy with the experience. We had rooms 708-710, which is a connecting "suite". The rooms are mirror versions of each other. They are comfy and roomy. At 700 sq ft and US$109 per night, you can't beat the value.
Each room had 2 x queen beds with thick white doonas, crispy linen and ample pillows. A big bathroom vanity area had 2 x sinks, but the actual toilet/bath/shower was modest in size and the baths leaked with those ridiculous steel plugs. I used plastic to line the plug hole each night, so my kids could have a bath. Toiletries were offered each day, not top end stuff, but it got you through. Plenty of towels and facewashers were elegantly folded, a little kitsch, but amusing.
There was a microwave in each room, a 3/4 fridge and a bar fridge. We are Aussies with a thirst and it was great to access a little fridge with our Buds after along hot day. There is also a plush armchair and a TV in each room, along with a granite topped writing desk. An assortment of lamps add ambience and the heavy drapes offered plenty of sleeping, but opened with sheer curtains to allow bright sun to flood the room.
I thought the carpet was pretty clean, given the traffic that must wear it. Housekeeping was spotless and I never found a hair out of place each time we returned at the end of the day. Reservation was quick, polite and professional. The pool is amazing, I think you can see it from space! It was crystal clean and more lounges than you could fill. A tiny spa was available, but it was too hot. The pool is heated and welcome relief as it is just warm enough to take the chill off.
A clean, functioning laundry costs $2 for a load and $2 to dry. I bought my own detergent and conditioner. A games room is available, but who wants to play when Disneyland is over the road eh? A buffett breakfast is an option, but only if you're starving. We bought cereal and milk and bowls etc to keep in the room.
All in all, I would stay here again. I have provided photos which show the rooms to their best advantage. Lifestyle shots, I know, but I am intending to illustrate how we saw this gem. It was probably a grand dame in it's heyday. It's worn around the edges, but it has a character to it that is reminiscent of a time where everyone dressed for dinner. I found it charming and can only imagine the history those walls have.
The only bummer was the airconditioning, which was LOUD. At least it worked.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
Las Vegas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2009

We stayed here Halloween weekend for 3 nights. Originally when checked in room was in the back I requested to move up front, no problem staff very friendly also they gave me a lower rate and did not charge for parking. Room very clean and roomy loved our big patio. Grounds are beautiful used to stay down the street, but will stay here from now on!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2009

We stayed for 4 nights at the Anaheim Plaza to visit Disneyland and loved the experience. We arrived very jetlagged from Australia around midday and the front desk staff were very helpful allowing us to check-in early so the kids could get some sleep. The lobby is particularly spacious and has a gift shop with a laundry and games room just outside. We stayed in room 621 near the back of the hotel. The room was a reasonable size and had some good cupboard and storage space. The bathroom was a little on the small size but that was not a big issue. We had a fridge in the room, which was very handy for food and drinks for the kids and there was a nice outside courtyard for the kids to run around in. The only downside to our room was that the ice machine was located right outside our door and we were often woken late at night by guests talking outside our door. Not a huge problem but with a 1 year old at times it was an inconvenience.
The hotel is located nice and close to Disneyland (only about 500 metres) and along the street there are a number of chain restaurants and even a small supermarket. Behind the hotel is the Anaheim Garden Walk, which we found was good for shopping and even more restaurants. The best thing about this hotel, other than the good price, is undoubtedly the pool. We spent much of the hot afternoons cooling off there before heading back to the park. One little tip - the wireless internet is not free ($9.95/day), nor is the breakfast but for $9.95 (plus tax!) you can get a great cooked breakfast from the restaurant on-site and the kids eat for free. All up, we were very happy at the Anaheim Plaza and will stay there again.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank CoffsFamily
MODESTO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2009

My friends and I stayed here over Columbus Day Weekend, there were 5 of us adults and we reserved a 2 room suite with 4 queen beds so we could room together. It's not really a "suite", it is two connecting rooms and it is billed as two separate rooms. Each room has it's own main door and we had two sets of room keys. This worked out just fine, I was just expecting a suite with one main door. Of the two rooms, one side was much larger than the other. The smaller room had a small fridge and microwave, the larger room had one larger fridge. Each room had it's own bathroom and balcony (or patio if on first floor). The beds weren't bad, comfortable for all of us, however the rooms are in need of updating. The bathroom fans and shower are very loud. Someone next door took a shower at about 1am one night and woke me up, it was very loud. It felt like a budget hotel room and for the price we got what we paid for. It was a good deal since we only needed a place to sleep.

The hotel is only two stories high and is huge. It felt as if it was an apartment complex at one time and is all outside (no indoor hallways). There is a lot of parking all around the complex and we were in the back section, which was quite a walk to the lobby. There is a huge pool which looked nice. In the lobby, there is a restaurant, huge gift shop (that has just about everything) and game room. We didn't eat at the hotel restaurant but noticed they did serve breakfast and dinner, not lunch. They did not offer a continental breakfast. Hotel does not have shuttle service to the parks. There was a flat $8 fee for parking there the length of our stay.

It is a great location to Disneyland Resort and was about a 10 minute walk to the main gates. On the way, you pass a Denny's, Tony Roma's and IHOP restaurants. We ate at Denny's one morning on our way to Disneyland and it worked out great.

We arrived early on our check in day and our rooms were not yet ready, so we had to come back and check in again at check in time. That was fine since we took a break and changed into warmer clothes for the evening.

We wanted a close location to walk to the parks and needed a place to sleep and that is what we got.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
South Yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2009

when booking our holiday to california Anaheim Plaza Hotel and Suites kept appearing too cheap for location compared to neighboring hotel/guest suites it was excellent value for money, clean [maid service every day]comfortable and and approx 10 minute stroll to disney!! also did excellent buffet all you can eat breakfast what more could you want!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family