“Never Again”

Ranked #50 of 117 Hotels in Anaheim
Anaheim, United States
“Never Again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

I first looked at reviews and photos of the Best Western Courtesy inn and many people were satisfied. For one, i was NOT. The location and the way the hotel look is not pleasing at all. The rug in the room felt old. And the people at the front desk were neither welcoming or rude. Just not the kind of experience I want to have on a "magical" vacation to Disney.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Madeline G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Santiago, Chile
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

The hotel is pretty near from Disneyland. I recomend to stay here. We walked every morning and it was like 15 min. to the Disneyland shuttle. The breakfast was a little bit tiny but good enough. Very good for the price I pay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Silverdale, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

I had read the TripAdvisor comments, and everyone seemed to say the same --- that this hotel/motel was clean and everyone was so nice. I completely agree with those comments after staying 3 nights there. After spending longs days at Disneyland, it was nice to have a comfortable clean place to totally relax. Disneyland is about a 15 minute walk to the front gate going in the morning, but in the evening you can ride the Disneyland tram to the parking lot, go to the second floor, and walk through the employees parking lot back to the hotel. This is about a 10 minute walk, so is shorter than in the morning. Parking is free at this hotel. Parking is $16 at Disneyland, so you are definitely saving money by staying here. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

2 Thank MJ B
Las Vegas, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Upon check in I presented credit card. Was told my credit card declined. Presented another credit card that was approved. When I got to the room I checked on my credit card. The card was not declined, it was charged. Both cards were charged. The hotel said there was nothing they can do. I have to dispute the charge with my credit card company, and wait 5 days to be refunded. This seriously effected my Disneyland budget. Was told by the hotel staff that this happens all the time.

3 Thank Danielle P
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Booked this hotel after receiving a Best Western email advertising great rates if you book online. We booked for 3 nights online. Prior to flying into LA, I printed off my email confirmation for the three nights so I had my confirmation number handy. Checked in at 1am and was told that Best Western does not charge your credit card until after you check in. She saw that I had a reservation but proceeded to do her "computer" check in and then told me I needed to sign the credit card receipt just printed from her computer and THEY CHARGED ME $150 MORE than what I had booked online. I told her I was not going to sign the receipt as my online booking said $252 and she was charging me $400! Thankfully she told me to go and have a good nights sleep and the manager would be there in the morning and we could settle it then. In the morning the manager was aware of the issue and I showed him my online booking confirmation that I had printed. He stated that as the online bookings show lower rates when the rooms are not booked but as they book up the prices go up. He figured that as I was booking other bookings were happening at the same time and that was why my charge ended up higher. Didn't make sense to me when I had my confirmation in hand showing $252 and they wanted to charge me $400 for three nights. Seems very shady when they lure you into their hotel with online bookings that seem set and when you arrive (at 1am!) they say it is $150 MORE than you booked online.

The manager then told me that he would investigate and that it was a good thing I had my piece of paper showing I had booked for $252!! I gave him the benefit of the doubt however it did take him the entire 3 days before he finally credited me back the $150 on my credit card. Every time I showed up at the front desk, he looked at me with a somewhat blank stare and seemed like he didn't know me or what I was going to ask him ... as I continued to press the fact that they were charging me incorrectly.

The wifi only worked the first night and then the signal was no longer strong enough in our room so I had to go into the lobby with my iPad to upload photos. Interestingly, I happen to be in the lobby when a customer walked in to take a room he had phoned in about only 30 minutes previously. He had been told by the manager the room would be $79 over the phone but when he walked in, the manager told him the room was $109. The customer, obviously upset over the discrepancy, said the room was to be $79 only 30 minutes prior and the answer from the manager was "Someone must have booked online and now the rate is $109".

It seemed to confirm to me that there is something not right with the practises at this Best Western. Either you book online for a price and they jack it up when you arrive, or you call and the same thing happens! Coincidental or could there be some foul play going on here?

I for one will be lodging an official complaint with the corporate Head Office of Best Western for a quality control check to happen at this location. It is in their franchise reputation best interest as I was a loyal Best Western customer and will definitely look at different hotels from now on. Lost a loyal customer over one bad experience ... but that is all it takes.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank PinkGeranium
phx, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

great clean hotel. but no parking (thats why it's free) all the emp park in front of the rooms. people park SUV in compact spaces. customers dbl parked blocking us in at times.. but a clean hotel. close to disneyland and califirina adventures. very easy to get in and out of if you get back early enough to get a spot. beds were very good.. but again the issue was parking.

3 Thank Karla B
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

This hotel is walking distance to the Disneyland parks, you can actually see the fireworks from your window and the pool/hot tub area (which I'll talk about in just a second). The beds are so comfortable!!! The shower is also amazing and it helps a lot when trying to relax, but the best part for it is definitely the hot tub/pool area, just go there and enjoy the miracles of what changing between hot and cold water will do to your tired body from walking around Disney. Wonders, I tell ya!!!
Every guest I talked to in this hotel was also very nice and was enjoying their experience as well.
The front desk was very helpful when I needed a universal charger and could not find one.
Best hotel experience I've had in the USA so far!

Room Tip: If your carrying a lot of luggage, you should probably stay in the ground floor, but all the rooms a...