“Close to DL entry”

Ranked #19 of 117 Hotels in Anaheim
Melbourne, Australia
“Close to DL entry”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

We flew in from Aust to LAX, caught a shuttle bus from the airport. Arrived early (about 10:00am), reception were friendly and had an upstairs room available right away.
The lifts were slow but it beats dragging cases upstairs.
The rooms need an update but for the price and location it suited me.
We had an ajoining room, one of the previous reviewers had the same issue when the people next door decided to disagree we could hear every word like they were in the same room (although it was in Spanish) Once outside the motel it is about 50yards to the pedestrian crossing to the bus entry that leads to Downtown Drive, a short walk to the ticket office an park entries.
If you are looking a place to rest your head after spending a day at DL, then consider this place.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank GTPTCO

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
san diego, ca.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2011

We booked 2 adjoining rooms for one night for ourselves and our daughter, son in law and their children. This hotel is average in appearance and may be a bit on the old side, but it was clean, comfortable, very nice staff AND a 5 to 10 minute walk across the street and you are inside Disneyland. So the location is the best. The IHOP and Dennys are right next door. We asked for a quiet area as I had seen it mentioned on the reviews that the hotel was noisy. We did not experience much noise at all. We got back at midnight from Disneyland as did some of the other guests and it was not noisy at all. We were on the top floor rooms 315 and 316, kind of at the end. The parking is very tight. The spaces quite small, but doable. We had a small suv that fit fine and the daughter had a full size mini van, which fit ok too. But be aware that the parking spaces are small. Parking is free--one car per room allowed. Daughter and her family got there early about 8 AM (check in is 3pm) and they gave her the parking pass then and let her park, since there was room. We got there at 11 and also were able to park at the hotel and walk over to Disneyland. This was very nice, as it saved both families the parking fee at d-land. The hotel does give senior discount, which is great. We would definitely use this hotel on any future overnight trips to Disneyland.

Room Tip: Ask for quiet area, upstairs.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank gvaeva
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2011

We stayed a night in December 2011 after out trip to Disneyland.

The room and staff were great and the hotel is very near the Disney parks.

However, if you intend to do laundry in the guest laundry room, I recommend you stay in the laundry room to watch your clothes. I had the bad experience of having a free loader guest adding her clothes into my wash when I went back to my room to pick up something just for a while. When I returned to the laundry room to transfer my clothes into the dryer I was surprised to find clothes that were not mine. A lady guest who hardly spoke any English appeared and asked me why my clothes were in her wash. I confronted her and she ran off leaving her wet clothes in the dryer but no money to start it. Ridiculous!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank doofygilmore
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2011

I loved staying at this hotel. It's so close to Disneyland, you can see the entry gate from reception. Staff were wonderfully friendly. I arrived 4 hours too early for check in. They took care of my luggage & gave me access to their pool area while I waited for my room to be ready. They were always helpful & ready to answer any one of my 100 questions. The rooms were clean & quiet. I loved the fact that the shower curtain rod curved out from the bathtub, certainly stopped me from feeling claustrophobic. The beds were clean & comfortable, guaranteeing a good night's rest for all the running around during the day I did. The only time I had an issue the whole time I stayed, was that the one time I tried to have a shower during what is obviously a "peak" time, I was unable to get hot water.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank kizzarina
Forks, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

You can't beat the location and rates. Friendly staff, cleanliness, free Wi-Fi, free parking are also nice benefits. Unfortunately, our chance for a good night's sleep was hindered by 3 things: (1) Our room had a door to the adjoining room, which allowed the sounds of our night-owl neighbors to pass through freely. They spoke in normal voices, but we could hear most everything. We slept fine the next 2 nights when the room was empty. (2) With the air conditioner silent in November, it also left a big gap in the wall. This again let sound into our room, beginning with construction noise from next door at 6 AM. (3) There is no fan available in the room to try to deaden these noises, neither on the A/C unit nor in the bathroom. However, I did not ask for one either. So . . . they do the best they can with what they have to work with.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with no adjoining door and perhaps a portable fan.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Fresno CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

We had a short visit to Disneyland this past weekend for just two nights and this Best Western had pretty good rates for those nights. Also the Tripadvisor reviews were good so we thought we'd give it a shot. However, I was pretty underwhelmed by this property and am surprised the reviews are so good.

There are some positives to this hotel. The location is excellent. Almost directly across from Disney's main gate - 10 min walk tops and we were at the back of the hotel. The price was also the best I could find for the hotel I wanted especially when you include the free parking and free wifi (which worked well.) Nice that all the rooms have a mini-fridge and microwave also.

Cons: No breakfast (but we knew this going in), slight musty smell in room, shower draining was the worst I've ever seen - I actually rinsed my feet again after getting out of the shower, and the beds were too soft. The parking was also tight and this was during an off-peak season - can't imagine trying to park there during the summer months.

All in all just an ok stay although the front desk staff were very nice. We may stay again for a short visit if the price is right, but probably wouldn't for any extended period of time. This is the fifth hotel we've tried on this stretch of Harbor Blvd, and I'd have to rank it in fifth place.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank M_GO_BLUE_A2
palm desert, ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

nice room. great location. i was surprised there wass no breakfast. free wifi and parking tho. no hidden fees. a lot of these motels have hidden fees and pay to park. i have a problem with that. but this was very comfortable. i had touble with the pillow

Room Tip: bring your pillow
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple