“Great for DL”

Ranked #19 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Ballybofey, Ireland
“Great for DL”
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Great location for overnight stays to Disney. Very friendly staff and clean rooms. The decor is a bit dated. We stayed in a Queen room and it was perfect if you are on a tight budget!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aiden D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 3 January 2012

First time at this hotel. (We have stayed at several hotels on Harbor previously.) The room is very nice and clean with a desk for your computer, small round table with a couple of chairs so you can sit down and eat, an armoire with a tv and drawers to put your clothes, a microwave and a mini refrigerator. They have a two door closet wardrobe where you can hang some of your clothes instead of a regular closet. There is an iron and ironing board in the closet wardrobe. There is a long counter with a sink where you can put your stuff (the microwave and coffee machine is also on this counter). The shower/bathtub and toilet is in a separate room. There is no fan in the bathroom. You have to open the window about the shower if you need to vent the bathroom. There is an in the room a/c unit (but we didn't use it so we can't comment on the noise level).

Parking is free here and the WiFi is free. Some of the other hotels we have stayed at charges for both parking and wifi. We had no problem with the parking. Parking spaces were not too tight like some other hotels nearby. There is no breakfast here. But there is a Denny's next door and IHOP is also nearby. We walked to McDonalds for breakfast (about 3 - 5 minute walk). You can pickup a 10% coupon for McDonalds in the lobby area. Hotel is conveniently close to the Disneyland entrance. It's about 10 - 15 minute walk to DL/DCA main gate (after going through security).

Front desk is very friendly. They gave us a $5 discount card for the Tony Roma's next door ($20 minimum purchase). The only problem we had during our stay was that you can hear people in the next room talking through the adjoining door. One morning the people next door woke up at 5 am. We were gone the whole day from opening to midnight, so it wasn't much of a problem for us. Overall we enjoyed our stay and if the hotel is available will stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms in the rear are quieter. First floor room is convenient for unloading/loading your luggage fr...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank jyamastoker
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 1 January 2012

The hotel is about a 10 minute walk to the entrance of Disneyland, so saves you time waiting around for buses or shuttles. There are decent foods nearby, Tony Roma's and Denny's are right next door and McDonald's just a short walk further down the street.

Rooms are clean and spacious, microwave and mini fridge included. If you visit during the warmer months there's also a tiny pool for you to take a dip in but this might probably get overly crowded in the summer.

There is a guest laundry facility on the second floor. Fresh apples daily at the reception which was great as you could take some as a snack to eat at Disneyland.

We had a bottom floor room, which surprisingly didn't get too noisy, perhaps it was the low season. Cars are parked directly in front of bottom floor rooms, so light sleepers be wary.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 1 January 2012

We flew in from Aust to LAX, caught a shuttle bus from the airport. Arrived early (about 10:00am), reception were friendly and had an upstairs room available right away.
The lifts were slow but it beats dragging cases upstairs.
The rooms need an update but for the price and location it suited me.
We had an ajoining room, one of the previous reviewers had the same issue when the people next door decided to disagree we could hear every word like they were in the same room (although it was in Spanish) Once outside the motel it is about 50yards to the pedestrian crossing to the bus entry that leads to Downtown Drive, a short walk to the ticket office an park entries.
If you are looking a place to rest your head after spending a day at DL, then consider this place.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank GTPTCO
san diego, ca.
Reviewed 24 December 2011

We booked 2 adjoining rooms for one night for ourselves and our daughter, son in law and their children. This hotel is average in appearance and may be a bit on the old side, but it was clean, comfortable, very nice staff AND a 5 to 10 minute walk across the street and you are inside Disneyland. So the location is the best. The IHOP and Dennys are right next door. We asked for a quiet area as I had seen it mentioned on the reviews that the hotel was noisy. We did not experience much noise at all. We got back at midnight from Disneyland as did some of the other guests and it was not noisy at all. We were on the top floor rooms 315 and 316, kind of at the end. The parking is very tight. The spaces quite small, but doable. We had a small suv that fit fine and the daughter had a full size mini van, which fit ok too. But be aware that the parking spaces are small. Parking is free--one car per room allowed. Daughter and her family got there early about 8 AM (check in is 3pm) and they gave her the parking pass then and let her park, since there was room. We got there at 11 and also were able to park at the hotel and walk over to Disneyland. This was very nice, as it saved both families the parking fee at d-land. The hotel does give senior discount, which is great. We would definitely use this hotel on any future overnight trips to Disneyland.

Room Tip: Ask for quiet area, upstairs.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank gvaeva
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 16 December 2011

We stayed a night in December 2011 after out trip to Disneyland.

The room and staff were great and the hotel is very near the Disney parks.

However, if you intend to do laundry in the guest laundry room, I recommend you stay in the laundry room to watch your clothes. I had the bad experience of having a free loader guest adding her clothes into my wash when I went back to my room to pick up something just for a while. When I returned to the laundry room to transfer my clothes into the dryer I was surprised to find clothes that were not mine. A lady guest who hardly spoke any English appeared and asked me why my clothes were in her wash. I confronted her and she ran off leaving her wet clothes in the dryer but no money to start it. Ridiculous!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank doofygilmore
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 15 December 2011

I loved staying at this hotel. It's so close to Disneyland, you can see the entry gate from reception. Staff were wonderfully friendly. I arrived 4 hours too early for check in. They took care of my luggage & gave me access to their pool area while I waited for my room to be ready. They were always helpful & ready to answer any one of my 100 questions. The rooms were clean & quiet. I loved the fact that the shower curtain rod curved out from the bathtub, certainly stopped me from feeling claustrophobic. The beds were clean & comfortable, guaranteeing a good night's rest for all the running around during the day I did. The only time I had an issue the whole time I stayed, was that the one time I tried to have a shower during what is obviously a "peak" time, I was unable to get hot water.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo