“Best customer service, quality and close to park”

Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn
Ranked #18 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 24 May 2012

We just stayed at the Best Western and LOVED our stay. The staff is VERY helpful and friendly. We stayed for 4 nights and the staff was willing to help us with our last minute accommodations. I really appreciate what they did for us. We arrived very late Saturday night and there was no problems getting a room for our 4 night stay. Thank you, thank you!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank B T

Reviewed 23 May 2012

We did a quick stop over in Disneyland - only had two day, one night. This hotel is in a perfect location - just steps from the main entrance road o Disneyland. Lots of eating places surround this hotel. It was clean and the reception staff were very helpful.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Baloo_loo_00
Reviewed 23 May 2012

When visiting Dland with a six year old, it's all about being close to the park and having a good pool. This property passes those tests. It's across the street and 3 doors down from the maingate and the pool is a decent sized, saltwater pool (yeah for no chlorine smell!).

Bad stuff: it costs $100/night, midweek, May for a basic motel room, no breakfast. A similar room in normal best western roadside location would be $60 or $70. You're paying for the location and "free" parking. Weird, hard-to-control a/c made for imperfect sleep.

Good stuff: free wifi, decent pool and hot tub, frig and microwave in room. Bathroom with separate vanity area great for sharing. Our room was third floor in back of property, so pretty quiet.

We had one customer service issue during our stay - the tub stopper didn't function. When I called they said they'd fix the next day, but that didn't happen. Finally fixed on our last day and they adjusted my bill for my trouble. Nice huh? Except they only took off $10 - so really more of a token than true compensation for not having a tub for 2/3 of our visit.

Be aware there a SEVERAL Best Western hotels at Disneyland, so be sure you are choosing the one you want and that you end up at the correct location.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank CherHaines
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Early mornings combined with late nights at Disney Parks make for tired, achy, weary travelers! Folks paying a lot of hard-earned cash to visit a Disney Park want to make the most of every minute, and consequently go home after a Disney vacation feeling exhausted! I LOVED the fact that while visiting the BW Anaheim Inn recently, we could make the simple decision to walk across the street to rest and refresh, then return to the park. with no fuss. The hotel itself is nothing remarkable to look at, however the beds are extremely comfortable, which is another gigantic plus after a bustling day at Disneyland. The only negatives I can produce are that there is no continental breakfast, the lighting in the room is poor, and some updating is needed (example - the cover of the heating/air conditioning unit fell off the wall every time we adjusted the temperature). However everything seemed in working order, and the bonus fact that we can pop in next door to Denny's for breakfast/lunch/dinner trumps those minor problem issues. We also watched fireworks from the hotel 3rd floor balcony - NICE! The price was reasonable, and the plusses far outweigh the minuses. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that plans to visit Disneyland and has to keep an eye on their budget.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank ColoradoKat23
Reviewed 21 April 2012

We took our son and my sister to Disney and wanted a hotel within walking distance to the parks, so we wouldn't have to pay for parking. This BW was close to the park entrance, had free parking at the hotel, and was close to restaurants. We were also able to get adjoining rooms which was nice. The rooms were good size and clean. The receptionist gave us confusing directions to Downtown Disney, but other than that, it was a good experience.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank CentralCATraveler
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We paid $116 per night during March Break. I usually stay in Marriotts/Sheratons (or higher), but I had the kids and was starting a three week vacations so I wanted to budget. I was concerned about a "lower" classs hotel, however I was very pleasantly surprised. The rooms were very clean, modern and the staff (two ladies in the front) very helpful. The pool by the parking lot is not great, but it was warm and the kids loved it. Location is fabulous if you are attending Disney.Overall, I would recommmend this

Room Tip: Note: they take the three day cancellation policy very seriously (all other BW have a cancellation p...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank deborah b
Reviewed 3 April 2012

This Best Western is one of our regular haunts. For Disneyland, it is ideal. With Disney just across the street; a Denny's, Cold Stone and IHOP to the north; a Tony Roma's and kwik-mart to the south; the location is perfect.

Because of an error with Expedia and our airline reservations, my son and I decided to road trip to Disney. I called the hotel to tell them that I would be a late night, if not early morning check-in. We arrived at 2:30 am. The hostess welcomed me by name (joys of being the last to check-in) and provided excellent service. The room was on the second level and just past the pool. Parking was not problem as there were a few spots still left.

After spending the day at the park, we enjoyed the hot tub and pool area to help ease the aches. Another pleasant surprise was the apples available in the lobby. They provided a nice snack after returning to the room.

I read the reviews of the hotel and people discounting the hotel because of age, room size, or the noise. It is not the Ritz. The room was more than large enough for the two of us. And, you are at Disney. Kids will be excited and running around. Overall, it is a great value and a wonderful place to stay when in Anaheim.

Room Tip: If you go to the Denny;s, make certain you show them your BW room key as they will give you a discou...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank dad-n-son
BWPLUSParkPlaceInn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Thank you very much for your review of the Best Western Anaheim Inn. While I would like to take credit for your wonderful stay, unfortunately I cannot. I will pass your review on to our sister property. However, please feel free to stay with us on your next visit out and enjoy our property and service as well.

Thank you and take care.