“Best Western Anaheim Inn”

Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn
Ranked #18 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Great hotel - wonderful staff - very helpful - right across the street from Disneyland - perfect for familys with kids and anyone who wants a convenient quick easy way to stay at Disneyland without the cost of the resort hotels - parking is provided and monitored as well - they provide free breakfast and discounts to restaurants right next to the hotel - the rooms are comfortable and the in room internet works well and is free! You can't beat the value for the price!!!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Ilona B
Martha M, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Thank you for your kind words, I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

Been here multiple time due to the close proximity to Disneyland. The stay is always pleasant and the hotel chain listens to suggestions. For example they allow us to stay parked in the lot for several hours more after check out. They also are now constructing a food hall for a continental breakfast. My family and I are happy to have stayed here.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank William W
Martha M, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

We are happy that you and your family choose to stay with us, thank you for your loyality.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

You get a lot for what you pay.

The location is great right across the street from the pedestrian entrance. The amount of time you save walking or parking is like money in the bank. The hotel is under renovation right now as they are adding a breakfast area. The bagged breakfasts they give you are ok but don't rely upon them for a real breakfast or for nutrition for that manner.

They had a parking lot attendant so if you are moving your car you don't have to be worried about not finding spots.

Room was spacious (two full beds) shower had good water flow and was clean.

I would stay here again if the price was similar.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank scoredonu

You are correct, nothing replaces a good hot breakfast. Hope to see you when we start serving one in May of 2014.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

I arrived late on November 20th and my driver had a job finding the way in due to a lack of signage because the entrance has been blocked off during it's building works. However, that was the only minus (albeit a smallish one) that I would give this hotel. As everyone says, the location is paramount, it was terrific, a very short walk to the park) My room was well located, just down from the temporary reception office, which I appreciated as a lone female traveller, as to whether this was a thoughtful action or just coincidence, who knows, but, Disney could learn from this (more on that later) the staff I dealt with were all lovely and friendly too. The room was large (by British hotel room standards) clean, comfortable and it was nice having a microwave as well as a coffee maker. I wish people would stop complaining about the lack of breakfast, didn't you bother to check that before booking? Besides the brown bagged breakfast was very handy. I enjoyed my stay immensly and will return when I visit Disneyland again and would recommend to my friends. I used IHOP more than Dennys as the meal I had a Dennys was disgusting.

This was the first part of a two coast trip to both US Disney parks, in Orlando I stayed at a Disney property, the housekeepers at Anaheim could show the Mousekeepers at POFQ how to do their job, my room at Anaheim was spotless, the Mousekeepers didn't seem to know what a duster was, there was a layer of dust on most things at my arrival at FQ, the coffee wasn't always replenished (unlike at AI) and the hoover was seemingly redundant at FQ, again, unlike AI
With regards to room location, I visit French Quarter at least once a year and everytime I have to ask for a different room as they seem to want to stick me at the furthest away location or, once, by the pool area (much better for a family of water babies than a middle aged woman) But, I will be dealing with that in my review of that hotel. As for the BWAI, cannot genuinely fault it can't wait to return, hopefully in 2015.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Auramoonbeam

Thank you so much for staying with us, I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you in 2014!

Reviewed 11 December 2013

We visit Disneyland multiple times a year and usually stay at 3-4 star hotels further away from the park and take a shuttle or walk because the value seems a bit better.

However this time I decided to book a place closer to the park because we were travelling with an older family member who gets tired easily.

I'm glad we did because it is so nice to have a respite in the middle of your fun-filled day.
In a nutshell, the Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn checks most of the boxes, but the rooms are a little tired- especially the bathrooms. However, the management team spends their budget wisely in all of the areas that count. Comfort and good service.

Pros:
-LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION! 5 min walk to Disneyland gates.
-Service! The staff was very friendly.
-Beds, pillows and TV were perfect.
-Nice to have a fridge and microwave.
-Free parking.
-Clean

Cons:
-Old furniture
-Outdated bathroom with poor wall paint and bad texture
-HVAC system outdated and poorly mounted
-No convenient outlets for charging mobile electronics
-Loud fridge and noisy plumbing.

Bottom Line:
A good value and ok for most. If they would remodel their rooms, It would be PERFECT place!

Room Tip: Get a top floor to minimize stomping noise from kids.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your candid comments, pros and cons. While we continue to make improvements, we are aware that it is never ending. I do hope you will come back to see us when our breakfast and fitness rooms are complete in May of 2014.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Overall a good place to stay. Nice staff and nice room and very close to DisneyLand. It would have been much better if they had also provided the breakfast. The Denny's nearby is ok, not that good. Anyway a good place to sleep.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Martha M, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

I am happy to say that the construction going on now will result in breakfast in 5 months. Starting May 2014 the Anaheim Inn will be serving a hot breakfast. I hope you'll be back to enjoy it.

Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Location, location, location - that's why you stay here. That, and the free parking!

On the other hand, you normally pay $70 to $80 for this sort of accommodation, not double that. The rooms are decent enough, but being 5 mins from Disney just across the road is clearly the attraction here.

So given that the rooms are clean and functional, it really is worth the money because it's so close to Disney that it might as well be on property. And we all know how overpriced Disney property hotels are!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jrocker7

I'm glad to hear that our location work out so well for you. Thank you for staying with us.