I'm trying to think of a reason for staying at this hotel but really cannot come up with one.
My family recently spent 5 nights at the hotel, on a Disneyland vacation of sorts.
I initially found the hotel to be similar to that of a Motel 6, from years ago. On the street side, the hotel looks appealing, but when you enter the parking lot, it stops there. The building looks old and the parking lot has seen better days.
Since we were traveling with a teenager, we booked a room that offered 2 bathrooms and a second room (bedroom). The second bathroom really came in handy. I was a little dissapointed by the bedroom aspect, it had a set of bunk beds and a sofa bed which required moving all the furniture to let it out. The room does not have it's own air conditioning unit, instead it has a exhaust fan in the wall to help "pull" air in to the room, it didn't really help that much. We did ask for a floor fan which staff graciously brought to us.
Overall the rooms were acceptable.
The pool/spa area is really lacking. The hotel mentions on their website that they recently completed a million dollar renovation, but I don't think it included the pool area. I was dissapointed with what the whole area looked like, in addition, when my son and I were in the hot tub, the water smelled terrible, like it didn't have any chlorine in it at all.
The location of the hotel is within walking distance to AM/PM and Denny's, with a little further walk you can get to IHop. It is right on the Anaheim resort bus line, wihich makes getting to Disney very easy, the hotel gift shop also sells tickets. Some reviewers mention that it is a 15-20 minute walk to Disneyland, but I would argue this is not the case. It is a bit further than that, if you're going to be walking at Disney all day, save your feet and take the bus.
The hotel also offers a continental breakfast. Your standard waffle maker, bread/muffins and cold donuts from the grocery store and cereals. They also had bacon/sausage and pre-formed egg patties in a warmer. If you have kids traveling with you, this would certainly be an advantage.
For the money, I would find a hotel a little closer to Disney, there really was't anything special about this hotel that would make me want to go back, especially not with all the choices in the area. I think in order for BW to remain competitive, this hotel really needs to step up their game a bit, a little granite and new bedding in the room doesn't cut it anymore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the midst of the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California near many exciting theme parks, the BEST WESTERN PLUS Raffles Inn & Suites boasts a classic Victorian design along with luxurious accommodations, awesome amenities and a wide array of packages and specials. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Plus Raffles Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Raffles Inn And Suites Anaheim Hotel Anaheim
- Best Western Anaheim
- Anaheim Best Western
- Best Western Plus Raffles Inn & Suites Anaheim, California