“Excellent choice close to Disney”

Best Western Plus Raffles Inn & Suites
Ranked #41 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This reasonably priced hotel is family oriented. It is located in the heart of Anaheim resort area. Disneyland parks are close but a good walk. You take the ART service for a small fee. Even better, it is a 1 block walk to the Disneyland car park where you can take the FREE shuttle to the parks. I stayed in the family suites. The suites are adequately spacious and clean but the bathroom is quite small. I found from my experience that the beds are very comfortable and that house keeping is superb.The free breakfast is generous and varied but it can become quite difficult to find a free table due to the small size of the dinning area. The offer free high speed WiFi and self-serve laundry facilities for a nominal fee. There is a gated small swimming pool onsite which is accessed using your suite card.

The only downside of the hotel is that the car park is small and gets very crowded, especially during weekends. When it becomes very busy, they offer free valet parking.

The best thing about the hotel is the staff. All staff I've met are very courteous and helpful. They really make you feel welcome. I highly recommend this hotel for your visit to the Disneyland resort area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ayman A

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed 6 nights. Queen bed and small room with a bunk bed, pullout bed and a door. Only 1 bathroom. Staff professional and kind. If you are looking for affordable this is the one. Hot free breakfast every morning and a quick drive to Disney. We had a corner unit room 339 and could see the Disneyland fireworks and the pool from our room. Very quiet considering it's a Disney neighbor hotel. Very small main room but 2 TV's and a door separating the kids room was great! I would recommend this hotel for those on a budget!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank Yvette O
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel after winning a vacation package through Best Western. At first we were upset that we were going to have to stay so far away from Disneyland but were very pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, spacious, newly remodeled, quiet (except for the loud mouth adults that felt it was okay to scream out side the rooms down to the parking lot), hot breakfast was great with TONS of options, my daughter and brother had a great time in the pool (it is shaded in the afternoon). WiFi didn't always connect but we were there to close down the parks, not surf the net. The highlight of our trip was the fabulous woman behind the counter in the lobby, Cruz! She is a beautiful soul, so kind and a pleasure to talk to. Cruz had so much knowledge of the area, how to get to the parks easily, food, shopping, other activities other than the amusement parks. Loved staying here, we will stay here again, I just hope Cruz will still be there!

Room Tip: Talk to Cruz!
2  Thank JoleneRose
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Our family of 4 stayed here Oct 6-10/13 during our trip to Disneyland. Check in was great, Cruz was wonderful and very helpful. We had a kids suite and to be honest it was not what we expected. It was quite small ~ the main room had a queen size bed, tv and desk and chair as well as small fridge and microwave. The second room is accessed through a door off the main room and it had a sink, bunk beds, a tv and full closet. The access to the separate bathroom was through the 2nd room. There was no way to watch tv from anywhere in the kids room unless you stood in front of it as it was placed at the end of the bunk beds. The kids didn't watch tv anyways so it was a moot point but very strange placement for sure. The hotel is older and there are definitely things that need improvement - the fridge barely kept anything cold and you could not lock the bathroom door. In fact the door didn't even click closed properly, you had to use your fingernail to pull the metal piece out and even then it would not actually close shut. The room was clean and as long as you didn't look too closely it was adequate for our purposes. The breakfast was typical fast food, not our style of eating but it filled the gap. Would I stay here again? Probably not, I got a great deal through Airmiles and the cost of 4 nights at the BW Raffles was only the taxes so I couldn't complain. Next time, I will stay in a hotel that is a little closer to Disneyland even if I have to pay more.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

For the price we paid ($85 per night) it was a great deal and worth it! We took the ART shuttle from hotel to Disneyland. It isn't really good walking distance with young children or after walking all day at the parks! Breakfast was included which was a perk for us....could have had more variety and changed it up since we were there for 6 nights and had the same thing every morning! But it was hot and pretty good. This is not a fancy hotel, but it was nice and clean. Might stay here again sometime...but don't love the room doors being on the outside!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 16 October 2013

The place was OK. It's clearly an old property experiencing all the maintenance problems: the hot tub's plaster is cracked and broken off in some places, several of the deck chairs are ripped and sagging, the rooms have lots of little paint issues and small broken or disconnected pieces (e.g., the metal ring that's supposed to cover where the toilet water feed line comes out of the wall). The rooms are very cramped and small (and I agree with the other reviewer that the pictures are nothing like the real room). We had the "suite" with bunkbeds and two rooms and there was hardly room to move in the room with 6 people and their stuff. It smelled funny when we first arrived and when we turned on the A/C units it smelled like urine. Luckily, the smells went away after several hours.

The staff was uneven. The woman who checked us in was very distracted and inattentive and forgot to explain the wi-fi access details or give us a parking pass (that they require). However, when I went back to the front desk later they were very helpful and nice. Housekeeping seemed to do a good job, overall. However, one day we came back in the afternoon from visiting friends and our door looked closed but wasn't, it just pushed open. About 15 minutes, while we were napping, a housekeeping staff person pushed on the door, then just opened it up with a key without knocking and was bringing in towels. She was surprised to see us so I'm guessing she left our door "open" to go get towels and got distracted. Leaving our door unlocked for 15 minutes is a terrible safety issue that they need to handle, though luckily nothing was missing from the room.

The beds are very uncomfortable. I was generally ok with it but my wife had terrible troubles sleeping and the kids complained some, too. But I don't expect nice beds at a cheap hotel so it just fit with my expectations.

It is close to the park, but "walking distance" is a stretch; those blocks are long there! On the other hand, it is right next to the Toy Story parking lot and you can just jump on a Disney shuttle bus which was pretty convenient.

The breakfast was about as good as can be expected at a place like this, but had good choices for protein, cereals, yogurt, waffles, etc...

If you just want a room that is acceptable and close to Disneyland, this isn't a bad place for it. I would not come anywhere near saying that it is "very nice" (having just stayed in the Hyatt down the street a couple months ago and my in-laws stayed at the Red Lion a few years back, both of those were "very nice"), but it was fine as cheaper hotels go.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor were happily free of "upstairs" noise.
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This past weekend, my family went to Disneyland and I booked this hotel as a "package". One of our suites was supposed to be handicap accessible...well it was not! Unfortunately, I was told that none
of the suites were accessible even though I had it confirmed on my reservation. I was furious because my mother was along on the trip and had never been to Disneyland and was experiencing it for the first time with her grandchildren..with her mobility limitations we would have had a hard time. "Gary" made sure that the room got an bath seat for the tub and saw to it that a brand new raised seat was placed in the restroom. No one minimized my frustration and saw to it that we were comfortable. The suites were spacious and contenental breakfast was plentiful! Thank you Gary and staff for really caring about your customers!

Room Tip: This hotel is close to Disneyland and restaurants and they are reasonably priced!
1  Thank Marie W